It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 840
<< 837  838  839    841  842  843 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Is that communist Barroso?
That guy won't like jail...

A nice bit with Max Keiser.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
In other news...

Greece cuts minimum wage, pensions as austerity drive begins (Reuters)

Let it begin... the great Greek rape of 2012.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
In other news...

Thats bul...ish for greece. If i got my minimum wage cut it would make me work twice as hard, lucky greeks..........NOT!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

In other news...

Not just Greece. It's a steam pot everywhere. I can hear the screaming.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Yeah you are right... but Greece are the first ones... then Portugal, Spain, Italy, Ireland, France, Germany, UK, USA, Canada, Japan and who knows who else...

The banksters won't stop till they are arrested. And that won't happen till the people themselves go and arrest them.

The cops won't do their jobs, they are paid off, the politicians won't do their jobs, they are paid off, the judges won't do their jobs, they are paid off...

At this point there's 2 choices :
- Wait for total collapse (which might end up with WW3 or worse)
- Wait for the army to stage a coup

Voting or protesting won't change squat. We're too far gone.

"America is at that awkward stage; its too late to work within the system but too early to shoot the bastards." Claire Wolfe

Not just America, but the entire world.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Can't do anything but to exclude yourself, because this is the world of the stupid and external organization and communication, no empathy, no telepathy. Nothing can be done to improve society, this is to its potential, actually. Civilization was always a tool of extortion. I don't see the solution in society. Even life as it is. It just doesn't allow you to retain integrity.

My prediction is, inside the system there will many packs, gonads so to say, fighting among themselves, and ordinary people will suffer the most. The whole world will end up the African way. Out of Africa - Back to Africa. They are going to have it their way. Primitive feudalism, because all modern forms of government are almost wiped out.

Just take a look at this one. Feel the chains?

rt.com...

Goodbye, First Amendment: ‘Trespass Bill’ will make protest illegal

edit on 28-2-2012 by DangerDeath because: adding link

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

This is sick...I suggest you make a thread about it... very important.

When people FULLY realize what has happened... they will go like this :

And it's about damn time people go all Nicolas Cage on the whole corrupt system.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hahaha, I also like Falling Down with Michael Douglas.
Feel free to make a thread, it sure is some late evening change no one noticed happening.
Too bad.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Lets just throw another dot into the pot:

Massive Wave Of Resignation (Part III): Momentum Building Up, Eleven Bankers Resign Today (Feb 27th) thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=13567543#pid13567543

The competing attempt by George Bush Sr. and the Nazi faction to set up a 1000 year reich is also collapsing. Geithner has already told the police that both he and Obama work for Bush. The Bushes, like Geithner and others are not allowed to leave the US

kauilapele.wordpress.com... otiations-continue-the-cbs-news-network-in-the-us-has-broken-with-the-cabalist/

Funny. No clues about this despite all the fuss.
Bankers are an army. Where did they fail? Is this like they are forming a flying brigade in secrecy to invade whom? Create a new body? Moving to Dubai marina?

edit on 28-2-2012 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Interesting read:

www.reuters.com...

Banks gorge on 530 billion euros of ECB funds

As a matter of fact, time to acknowledge the new government form - where banks replace parliaments on a global scale. It's more real than we believed real was. So, merciful bankers are buying time for confused PM's and temporarily replacing them...

In the space of two months, the ECB has now injected more than a trillion euros into the financial system, banishing the threat of a credit crunch.

A total of 800 banks borrowed money at the tender, with demand exceeding the 500 billion euros expected by traders polled by Reuters and the 489 billion allotted in the first such operation in December.

The ECB unveiled the funding operations, known as LTROs, late last year to counter frozen interbank lending and dampen tensions on euro zone bond markets that threatened to tear the bloc apart.

ECB President Mario Draghi, whose native Italy was at the epicenter of the crisis when the bank announced the measure late last year, said after the first of the operations that "a major, major credit crunch" had been averted.

Here is the KEY:

Anecdotal evidence suggests banks especially in Spain but also in Italy used the first LTRO to pursue this "Sarkozy trade" - a term adopted by markets after the French president suggested governments should encourage banks flush with ECB cash to buy their bonds.

Buying and selling bonds is nothing new. However, it is now the buyers who are policy makers, not the sellers (states). Buyers control the price of bonds - this is a Paradise come true!

See?

Spanish banks bought a net 23.1 billion euros of government debt last month and Italians 20.6 billion, both record increases.

"Italian and Spanish bonds are likely to benefit from this and equity markets as well," Luca Cazzulani at UniCredit said of Wednesday's operation.

However, along with the KEY there is also the CATCH:

Banks have the option of paying back all or parts of the loans at any time after one year.

Financial markets are watching to see how effectively governments use the time the ECB has given them to deliver growth and sustainable budgets.

"Without growth, the LTROs are a bridge to nowhere," said Andrew Bosomworth, senior portfolio manager at PIMCO.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Gold is down $70, almost 4%.

www.marketwatch.com...

Perhaps it is a computer glitch, they forgot about the leap day

edit on 29-2-2012 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Paul kicking Ben's butt. And Ben goes to the grocery store himself? Yeah riiiiiiiiiiight.

During Congressional testimony, Ben Bernanke defended the Fed's FX swap lines by saying that the ECB was "well-capitalized."

Lehman and Bear Sterns were well capitalized too.

edit on 29-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Oh boy... I just learned that in a few places in the US, things are so bad that there are armed guards in grocery stores so people don't steal...

Damn... is it that bad??

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
China Dumps $100+ Billion In USTs In December Per Revised TIC Data; UK Is Now Russia's Shadow Buyer

Every year in February, the Treasury department releases its adjustment to foreign purchases of Treasury bond holdings as of the previous June (with revised and overriding estimates for all the intervening months in the interim, as well as previous monthly forecasts). It did that earlier today. And while many may have been expecting the revision to show that contrary to Zero Hedge claims China has in fact been building up its Treasury stake (following the now traditional transfer of UK purchases to China), the reality is that not only has China indeed been dumping US exposure (first reported by us previously when we observed the plunge in holdings in the Fed's custodial account), selling over $100 billion in Treasurys in December alone (bringing its total to $1152 billion, and down 12% from its June total of $1307 billion) but that probably far more curiously, the UK is no longer a shadow buyer of Chinese bond accumulation and instead has become a secret accumulator of Russian holdings.

Very bullish...
Soon enough, it'll only be the FED buying US debt.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Oh boy... I just learned that in a few places in the US, things are so bad that there are armed guards in grocery stores so people don't steal...

Damn... is it that bad??

Any links? Is it that unusual?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Any links? Is it that unusual?

No links... coming from my mother who came back from a trip in the US...

Is that unusual?? Well in the sane world it is!

And now Bernanke is trying to put all the blame on congress...

Bernanke warns lawmakers nation headed for 'massive fiscal cliff'

In remarks that hit Wall Street stock prices, the central bank boss suggested the economy could hit a serious roadblock if Congress allows the Bush tax rates and a payroll tax cut to expire and $1.2 trillion in spending cuts to be implemented simultaneously in January.

So Ben wants... more tax cuts... and more spending...

edit on 29-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Long time ago, I've seen in Paris armed guards in front of big shops. Was surprised at that time. It is not unusual.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Could be an approach to 2008. Gold peaked, then fell low, Banks took a dive and with following Financial up's and downs. price of Gold remained low then started to climb toward peak in 2011. Is Gold about to dive once more followed by repeat of 1929 Crash ???? The key to rise of NWO. Was it not whilst Gold was low that Banks held out their hands for massive dig-out.???? Just a personal view for its nearly 83 years since 1929 Wall Street Crash, and 8+3 = 11.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Some news...

Eurozone unemployment continues to rise

The jobless rate in the 17 countries that use the euro rose to 10.7% in January, while December's figure was revised up from 10.4% to 10.6%. There are now 16.9 million people out of work in the bloc, Eurostat said.

Which means of 800 m people, only 17 m are jobless?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I have been reading so much about the many banking officials leaving their jobs, but I could not find any correlation to this behavior, then Vitchilo posted something that add to why this is happening" Bernanke warns lawmakers nation heded for massive fiscal cliff".

Then more pieces to the puzzle started to add on, I read this article today.

Financial experts predict plunging stock market, social unrest, bank runs before 2014

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

I guess the rats know more to what we have speculated for years since the 2008 crash.

Trends forecaster Gerald Celente and several other financial experts are predicting even worse turmoil ahead, including another stock market crash worse than the last one in '""9, nationwide bank runs, and widespread social unrest, all to occur before '"'4.

Occurs we all know about this, perhaps all those people that still question when the big crash is going to happen I guess we can say soon very soon.

In a recent USA Today piece, Harry Dent, author of the book The Great Crash Ahead, Robert Prechter, author of Conquer the Crash, and Celente all shared their opinions on some of what lies ahead for Americans in the next two years. Despite differences in their advice to investors about how to approach the upcoming collapse, all three experts seem to agree that things do not look pretty, and that people need to be prepared for the worst.

"'"'' is when many of the long-simmering socioeconomic and political trends that we have been forecasting and tracking will climax," wrote Celente in his recent Top '' Trends '"'' newsletter. "When the money stops flowing down to the man on the street, the blood starts flowing in the streets."

www.usatoday.com...'

I always said that the crap will hit the roof when the littler people at the bottom cash flow will stop.

That is when hell will break lose, so far the government keeps cutting and cutting so when the money actually stop it will not be so bad, but hell they going to get a big surprise.

"The only mandate of the Federal Reserve is to keep the bankers in power and the people underneath them," said Celente during a recent interview with Russia Today. "They're devaluing the dollar and enslaving the people"

Yeah, that last Quote summarized all.

edit on 1-3-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 837  838  839    841  842  843 >>

join