It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 773
<< 770  771  772    774  775  776 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

I guess the Banksters need to get the money for their CEOs Christmas holidays, it seems the Fed in the US is about to create more money also.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Incase anyone is wondering,the S. has hit the Fan and is going to paint the Walls shortly...

And So It Begins – The First Major European Bank Has Been Bailed Out And More Bailouts Are Coming

And so it begins. The first major European bank bailout of 2011 has now happened. French/Belgian banking giant Dexia has failed and both governments have pledged to participate in a rescue plan. But Dexia will not be the last major European bank to fail. Even now, governments all over Europe are feverishly developing plans to bail out major national banks in the event that the current financial crisis goes from bad to worse.

There are alot of conflicting Reports,Statements and Rumours.

De Tijd Reports Dexia To Be Nationalized

As predicted, the Dexia "bad bank" rumor lasted all of, oh, 24 hours. After exhausting all talking points, French and Belgian politicians took out the abacus and were horrified to learn, as we suggested, that any implicit backstop would cost them dearly, and in France's case, at least one A of those critical AAAs that continue to keep Europe afloat. So implicit moves to explicit and as Belgian De Tijd reports, "the Belgian government will nationalize Dexia Bank Belgium."

After which came,as predicted in the above Article:

Dexia Suspended

After the stock tumbled 20% on the day, and 45% in the past week, the life support plug appears to have been mercifully pulled. Next up: Dexia's website experiences a "bank of america" moment?

And out of France:

Sarkozy Advisor Says French Bank Recapitalization "May Be Necessary"

A rather cryptic message from Sarkozy advisor Henri Guaino who, quoted by Bloomberg while speaking at an interview in Yerevan, Armenia said that the French government "isn't planning to take stakes in banks" and adding that "this isn't envisaged at the moment." At the moment no, but after the moment? He concluded with the ominous: "maybe a recapitalization will be necessary." So who will be the next Dexia? An inquiring market wants to know. And did the market, in its latest manifestation of Korsakoff syndrome, already forget that yesterday it was announced that 'France Has Prepared An Emergency "Just In Case" Nationalization Plan For "2 Or 3" Banks." But when the next bank implodes, a multi-trillion French one to be sure, everyone will be stunned, stunned, as usual.

If i got that right,then Belgium is about to nationalize the Belgium Part of DEXIA,and is about to leave the Bad Part to someone else...guess who:

Merkel Meets Lagarde as Banks Gain on Aid Speculation

German Chancellor Angela Merkel is hosting the heads of the International Monetary Fund and World Bank today, while European bank stocks gained for a second day as officials discussed a coordinated capital injection.

Merkel is due to hold talks from 3 p.m. in Berlin with IMF chief Christine Lagarde, World Bank president Robert Zoellick and Angel Gurria of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development among others (Finance Ministers from France,Mexico and Brasil - added by Shenon) European Central Bank President Jean-Claude Trichet is due to meet Merkel after chairing his last rate-setting meeting.

The European Commission is “proposing to have a coordinated action to recapitalize banks,” commission President Jose Barroso said today in a video question-and-answer session.

Yes,they are coming to Germany to beg for even more Money to "save" Europe...France can´t do it alone,because if they try to save the rest of DEXIA,they are gonna lose their AAA Rating for sure.

So we have the SHTF Situation right now...its just not visible yet,because the first Bank is about to fall very,very soon.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Shenon because: grammar

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
weirdloadreboot.com...

400,000 Israelis March for Social Justice in Tel Aviv

Just take a look ya Wall Streeters amateurs

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Are they really planning on including the strikers who are returning to work in the employment stats?

They were never fired so how could them returning to actually do their job count towards employment?

Jobs data expected to show languid growth
www.marketwatch.com...

Nonfarm payrolls were flat in August and only 17,000 jobs were added in the private sector, the weakest report of the year.

A Verizon Communication Inc strike helped to make the August report look especially soft. These workers, roughly 45,000, returned to their positions in late August and will be counted as an addition to the September payroll count.

ugh

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Everything is going as planned. Top down bottom up baby! Just a few more last ditch efforts to play through first.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If anyone has MSNBC Jim Cramer said that DOW 18,000 is looking very possible by December
Jim Cramer is a self proven nut case.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Where are the 16 trillion dollars that the Fed alone has loaned to the EU since 2008? I don't get it, It is me or the banksters and their banks are now like bottomless pits that can not be satisfied any longer.

What in the heck is going on, If the IMF is getting together for more bailouts that means that the Fed is going to order more creation of money from the treasury either in bonds or hard cash because the last time Market was asking for help to the Fed she was asking for "Dollars" not bonds or Euros.

It was posted here a few pages back.
edit on 6-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

The markets are all electronic, with the push of the bottom the creation of wealth is no problem, they can make the Markets look like the 4 of july fireworks in December.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

so marg6043 what you expect from this friday jobs data?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

To be the same sugar coated numbers that they government has been giving for years, remember only those that file for unemployment are counted.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Euro Rumormill Disintegration Begins As Reality Returns: France, Germany Fail To Reach Agreement On EFSF

In our previous post we warned, indirectly through the IMF, that the biggest risk for Europe is the inability to reach consensus over anything from the most complicated, to the simplest matter. As noted previously, one of the main initial drivers of the market surge which has since translated into yet another short covering rally of epic proportions was the belief that Europe can actually come together in agreement over the simplest thing - like its own survival. Alas, it appears even that is not the case. As Bloomberg reports, "Germany and France are at odds over whether the European Financial Stability Facility should have limits on government bond purchases, Handelsblatt reported, citing an unidentified high-ranking European Union diplomat. France doesn’t want to restrict the EFSF on how much of its funds it can use for such purchases, the newspaper said in a preview of an article to appear in tomorrow’s edition. Germany wants to limit the amount EFSF can spend for bonds per country and is also considering whether there should be a time limit for bond purchases, Handelsblatt said." Said otherwise, here comes the latest cause of discord within Europe. Unfortunately, it also means that any rumor, innuendo and speculation that Europe has finally reached a coherent union over its own bailout can be promptly discarded. As if there was ever any doubt in the first place.

The Possibility that Germany is going to be the first to leave the Euro is getting higher each Day...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

This is funny, Isn't Germany and Frances the ones that pushed for that union?, now they don't want to keep losing money?

I guess the dream of power over the EU is looking costly and none benefits.

I never truly understood why wanting an unified EU, greed can cloud the mind every time.

edit on 7-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Shenon

This is funny, Isn't Germany and Frances the ones that pushed for that union?, now they don't want to keep losing money?

I guess the dream of power over the EU is looking costly and none benefits.

I never truly understood why wanting an unified EU, greed can cloud the mind every time.

edit on 7-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

Yes and No. The creation of the Euro was a condition to allow Germany´s unification in 1989-90.

Deutsche Mark - Wikipedia

The Deutsche Mark played an important role in the reunification of Germany. It was introduced as the official currency of East Germany in July 1990, replacing the East German Mark (Mark der DDR), in preparation for unification on 3 October 1990. East German marks were exchanged for German marks at a rate of 1:1 for the first 4000 Marks and 2:1 for larger amounts. Before reunification, each citizen of East Germany coming to West Germany was given Begrüßungsgeld, greeting money, a per capita allowance of DM 100 in cash. The government of Germany, and the Bundesbank were in major disagreement over the exchange rate between the East German Mark and the German mark.

France and the United Kingdom were opposed to German reunification, and attempted to influence the Soviet Union to stop it.[8] However, in late 1989 France extracted German commitment to the Monetary Union in return for support for German reunification.

Thats one Reason why it could be too hard for Germany to get out of the Euro without it breaking apart first. If Germany leaves too soon,than its going to be blamed for everything that comes after it...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Does anybody actually believe these good job numbers? Seems kinda fishy to me.

So I guess all the world's problems are solved now that we got these good numbers?
edit on 7-10-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Thanks, for the information, I never truly understood why such unification.

About the unemployment numbers, I explain back a few pages how the government sugar coated numbers works.

Is all fix to benefit the government, remember only those that file for unemployment gets counted, all those millions of people that never receive unemployment and are jobless are never counted, partime workers are never counted

Very convenient.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Do you really have to ask?

September NFP Prints At 103,000, Beats Consensus, Even As U-6 Comes At Highest Since December 2010, Manufacturing Jobs Lost

One Line says it all...:

[...]
"The increase in employment partially reflected the return to payrolls of about 45,000 telecommunications workers who had been on strike in August.
[...]

/Sarc
And since Summer Holiday is over,lets add those who go back to work now too...and voila,great Numbers (which will be revised down later anyway) for Wall Street to rally on every bit of (good) News,no matter how manipulated it is

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Oops I forgot about that one, also I believe that the government is going to add again the back to school numbers in retail to cover up for the lack of spending in the month of September, because retail sales are looking bleak, this was on the CNBC.

I can not believe that they posted the "good job numbers" so early in the morning, I guess they want the markets of have a good jump start today.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Dang, I hope so. My shorts are getting hammered. Luckily I can't lose more than I put in since I short through inverse ETF's.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

And there might be a big Sell-Off later this Day. The Rally in the closing Hour on Monday was very weird,absurd even. Gold and Silver Manipulation doesn´t seem to have worked that good this Week.

I think this Weeks Rally is because the Big Boys want to get out of the Market with the highest possible Profit. Buy huge Amounts of Stocks for a big Spike,then lean back when the Sheep follow Suit and push the Stocks even higher. Wait until the last Minute to sell everything,which should be today,probably in the Closing Hour on Wall Street...

If i heard that right,the Decision in how to deal with DEXIA is due tomorrow,and this might finally crash everything next Week...Todays Job Numbers may be a last ditch Efffort in pushing the Markets even higher before "it" begins...

I could be wrong,but thats just the feeling i have after this Week...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Seems that the Shakespeare Guy was right (whomever he really was).
EU looks more and more as if it were following the "King Lear" script.
A tragedy of blind idealism torn apart by blind opportunism

Francis Bacon, who was EVERYTHING and EVERYONE (and probably a "collaborator" of the said Shakespeare), fell into DISGRACE because he fell into DEBT...

Lord Chancellor and public disgrace

Bacon's public career ended in disgrace in 1621. After he fell into debt, a Parliamentary Committee on the administration of the law charged him with twenty-three separate counts of corruption. To the lords, who sent a committee to enquire whether a confession was really his, he replied, "My lords, it is my act, my hand, and my heart; I beseech your lordships to be merciful to a broken reed." He was sentenced to a fine of £40,000 that was remitted by King James and committed to the Tower of London during the king's pleasure; his imprisonment lasted only a few days

en.wikipedia.org...

And here is the short synopsis of the Baconian "King Lear" tragedy:

Idols of the Mind

Bacon also listed what he called the Idols (false images) of the mind - some are similar to what is now called cognitive bias. He described these as things which obstructed the path of correct scientific reasoning.

Idols of the Tribe (Idola tribus): This is humans' tendency to perceive more order and regularity in systems than truly exists, and is due to people following their preconceived ideas about things.
Idols of the Cave (Idola specus): This is due to individuals' personal weaknesses in reasoning due to particular personalities, likes and dislikes.
Idols of the Marketplace (Idola fori): This is due to confusions in the use of language and taking some words in science to have a different meaning than their common usage.
Idols of the Theatre (Idola theatri): This is the following of academic dogma and not asking questions about the world.

These four fallacies are sometimes compared to a similar list in the first part of Roger Bacon's Opus Majus which, although it was much older, had not been printed in Bacon's time.

en.wikipedia.org...

Bribery was normal at those times
(Idola tribus)

He did not have money to pay his debts, but he did have the means to bail himself out of jail. The King did it for him, and the question remains - why?

His married love life is also interesting

t was all about money.

The reality is a clash between idealism and opportunism...

More idealizations:

Though the well-connected antiquary John Aubrey noted among his private memoranda concerning Bacon, "He was a Pederast. His Ganimeds and Favourites tooke Bribes",[16] biographers continue to debate about Bacon's sexual inclinations and the precise nature of his personal relationships.[17] Several authors[18][19] believe that despite his marriage Bacon was primarily attracted to the same sex.

I bet this story is used to conceal the really big illegal transactions taking place in the United Kingdoms of his time...

There is a whole fully fledged parallel world right before our wide shut eyes...

The original "King Lear" did not have happy ending. It was faked by Nahum Tate to satisfy the public.

new topics

top topics

<< 770  771  772    774  775  776 >>

join