It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 772
<< 769  770  771    773  774  775 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Why are the markets doing good when the news from Europe Greece crisis are getting worst by the hour.

Greece faces moment of truth

Following the latest delay in the handing out of the country’s sixth EU-IMF bailout tranche, speculation about a drastic haircut of Greek debt have intensified in Brussels and Berlin, increasing uncertainty in world markets about an impending twin-pronged default.

www.athensnews.gr...

EU preparing bank rescues amid Greece doubts

"Everyone said the big concern is that worrying developments on the financial markets will escalate into a banking crisis," German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble told a news conference after EU ministers met in Luxembourg.

www.athensnews.gr...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I worked for the BoE for a while some years ago and to be honest had considerable respect for the guys there, now I am not sure if that respect was misplaced.

I really have to wonder what they are thinking as all evidence seems to clearly point to this approach not working, and yet with fingers in ears and blinkers on they still seem poised to hit the print button, and if the article is correct the EU, UK and US will hit the button at the same moment.

My initial response was "oh crap" and still is..

edit on 5/10/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Oh, my I got this link from another thread and this is a big eye opener.

Meanwhile Greece Just Bought 400 Tanks From The US

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

And how much of the profits will stay in America?

I noticed the American AAV7A1 is on the list of items they want.. and yet, although they are made by an American the company it is in turn owned by BAE systems..

www.baesystems.com...

It gets to the point I get dizzy trying to track this money merry-go-round

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

The question is why selling tanks to a nation that is in edge of a possible military coup the way things are right now with the austerity,
(but they just bought 400 tanks) and a possible bankruptcy.

Makes no sense.

Somebody will be profiting from death and chaos.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

So the company main offices are in the UK interesting, they call themselves America company but they are not.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I feel like someone is climbing on my back

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I predict France will be downgraded at the End of this Week (in the next 2 Days) after the DEXIA-Bank-Rescue fails...and then...KABOOM

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

The question is why selling tanks to a nation that is in edge of a possible military coup the way things are right now with the austerity,
(but they just bought 400 tanks) and a possible bankruptcy.

Makes no sense.

Somebody will be profiting from death and chaos.

Probably to put down a possible revolution by the people. Or the US has a key player in the military who will be thier puppet of there is a coup.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

That happens when you decide to become educated and aware of what goes on around you, if you just do like many Americans and live in lala land then your days will be just fantastic, with your pink colored glasses and drinking koolaid.

I like to have something crawling on my back all the time so I am a masochist I guess.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
And suddenly, there is more demand for oil. Brooom brooom!
Ford promised 12.000 new work places. Brooom brooom!
Little war between Apple and Siemens is gonna create some profits too.
My, this trading world is really a resourceful place.
No need for more QE definitely

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Thought you all might enjoy this hilarious video, which pretty much sums up the world economic situation and the irony of it all.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I don't care anymore.

I hope it all comes crashing down in a fiery display.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
I don't care anymore.

I hope it all comes crashing down in a fiery display.

Wheeeeeee!!!!!
and again
Wheeeeeeee!!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

You know what, that is exactly what I thought trying to figure this out, US may have something to gain helping reconstruct the nation after a coup

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by hawkiye

You know what, that is exactly what I thought trying to figure this out, US may have something to gain helping reconstruct the nation after a coup

Oh yes, at taxpayer's expense

And stealing even more money all the way...
edit on 5-10-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Once again the stocks are higher today weee
they are sure delaying the market crash.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I think this might actually be the last (manipulated) Rally before it all comes crashing down,probably by Friday...there is only one Solution that could stop it now: More Money Printing

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Regardless of what the markets are actually doing, I just wish I had ten bucks for everytime I saw headlines that said on one day Investors rally the market on hopes of a European bailout and were followed by Investor sell-off on fears that there will be no European bailout

I'd be friggin' RICH, I tell ya.

Reality is, nobody has a damn clue what is going to happen so investors are amusing themselves by collectively and fiscally fellating each other and living off the avails of their ethical prostitution, leaving the market going up and down faster and more often than a sailor's bum on shore leave.

What a schmozzle.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
We have now entered into the Voluntary Confession Phase of the Great Crucifiction.
(Not "Crucifixion". I call it panic.)

Bank Of England: QE Extended By £75bn

The Bank of England has voted to extend its programme of quantitative easing (QE), signalling a real fear that the UK is on the brink of a new recession.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

top topics

<< 769  770  771    773  774  775 >>

join