It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by projectvxn

Should I take that comment as a bad thing for the US?

So China confidence spending is getting better (within their nation?) but they will be more careful how the US economy is doing? what that means if that is what it really they article is saying that they will short the buying of US debt?

Picture this. China wants the Yuan to become the Reserve of the World:

Step one: Buy US debt by the metric buttload
Step Two: Manipulate currency downward, create trade imbalance
Step Three: Share the true value of your currency in secret with the bloc
countries you're trying to depeg from the dollar.
Get other countries that want to use Yuan to start buying silver and gold with American dollar reserves. Get them to buy Yuan with American dollar reserves. Then China uses American dollar reserves to buy US debt, and our gold.
Step Four: Call in Bonds and convert to Yuan in Europe(They hold most of the Yuan that is overseas), stick the EU with the devalued USD... EU calls bonds, US dollar collapses due to an influx of real American dollars washing up ashore by the trillions.

This is warfare. It is obvious as hell to me I don't know why others don't see this. It's a very clear pattern.

Edit to add:

I've been on this case for a while. Alot of you by know should know what I'm talking about from my numerous posts and predictive forecasts most of which are happening and in order.

It's a battle plan, make no mistake about it.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Could these short selling restrictions turn into the modern day Smoot-Hawley? The policy action that pushes us into the abyss?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Yamaguchi Says Cash Shortage May Force Japan to Buy More Corporate Bonds
www.bloomberg.com...

This is the umpteenth time I've heard about cash shortages...

Now I know of money heaven, but, who's holding what...where's the velocity?

link   
reply to post by theWCH

It will be government borrowing that pushes us into the abyss I'm afraid.

link   

It's that sad to realized that this was a well planned and manipulated trick.

I remember when about two or three years ago I keep telling people here that China will no be attacking US with weapons or war but with the same tools that US has used to fight other abroad, financially.

Many people laughed because they actually believe that China was still in the middle ages.

Guess what they follow the Art or war to the letter and is working for them.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Yes it's warfare and very similar to what happened between the US and Japan during the 80's

Wars are no longer fought with primitive weaponry - you just think they are LOL

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The problem was not government debt. It was great tsunamis of hot money in the private capital markets. When the wave rushed out, it left a credit drought behind.

But Geithner, through his influence on the IMF, imposed the same cure the IMF had imposed on Latin America and Mexico. It was the wrong cure. Indeed, it only aggravated the problem.

Keating continued: "Soeharto's government delivered 21 years of 7 per cent compound growth. It takes a gigantic fool to mess that up. But the IMF messed it up. The end result was the biggest fall in GDP in the 20th century. That dubious distinction went to Indonesia. And, of course, Soeharto lost power."

Exactly who was the "gigantic fool"? It was, obviously, the man who wrote the program, Geithner, although Keating is prepared to put the then managing director of the IMF, the Frenchman Michel Camdessus, in the same category.

Worse, Keating argued, Geithner's misjudgment had done terminal damage to the credibility of the IMF, with seismic geoeconomic consequences: "The IMF is the gun that can't shoot straight. They've been making a mess of things for the last 20-odd years, and the greatest mess they made was in east Asia in 1997-98, so much so that no east Asian state will put its head in the IMF noose."

China, in particular, drew hard conclusions from the IMF's mishandling of the Asian crisis. It decided that it would never allow itself to be dependent on the IMF, or the US, or the West generally, for its international solvency. Instead, it would build the biggest war chest the world had ever seen.
www.nakedcapitalism.com...
...And this our Financial Master of the Universe?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This is funny, at 3:26 pm EST the DOW is at 6471.31 that is down 123.13 points off of yesterday's close. At 3:46 pm, it was at 6596.19, actually up by almost 2 point into the positive direction on absoluetly zero positive news.

If this isn't proof of the PPT, I don't know what is.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Mark my words it will happen exactly as I've been saying for 6 months.
And it is. Once a week I find another step in motion. There is a road map if you wanna know what's next. Watch China, Watch the ME(Notice how quiet it is over there, NOT) and use the post at the top of this page as a guide.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

They are just a brotherhood. Qualification doesn't matter.
Nepotism.
How can they win a war?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Here's another step in the puzzle. I posted it earlier and now I'll post it again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

We're broke. Period. And we're taking out more loans we can't pay back, so the world will take it out of our collective hides.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

I was just getting ready to make a comment about PPT but you beat me to it...

2nd line here

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Indianapolis]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Any guess as to when they will collapse the US dollar? Is it imminent, or still some ways down the road?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I don't know about PPT, there is a LOT of volume on this up move

Lots of T's sold today and it looks like that $$ is going straight into bank stocks.

Big Greens though

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
And some invisible hand reached outa sky...
pullethe froggie outa pond

[edit on 6-3-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Do y'all think we'll see some "weekend wonder" as we have been that will ignite things come Monday???
It's almost becoming a trackable pattern now.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

GE got a last minute boost by TPTB?

GE 7.10 +0.44 +6.61

WELLS FARGO & CO NEW 8.57 3:48PM ET +0.45 (+5.54%)

Financials...

30 Yr Treasurys had a good day...record high returns?

That's about all I see at the moment...

12.5M total unemployed...all time record...

[edit on 3/6/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
Do y'all think we'll see some "weekend wonder" as we have been that will ignite things come Monday???
It's almost becoming a trackable pattern now.

That is what I was thinking. Throw that PPT in there at the last 30 min to push the DJIA just above sea level. As long as the number is in the green, they hope it will soften the blow of whatever news we will be hearing in the next day.

Wow, I am actually impressed that my 'long shot' prediction of +/-50 points was spot on. This IS getting to be a trackable pattern now.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
We should have a straw poll : how many banks go under tonight?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty

We should have a straw poll : how many banks go under tonight?

5 works for me, although a lot of people have been seeing 6's.
And throw a "GM gets hung out to dry by Fed" type of headline too while we're at it..

[edit on 6-3-2009 by nydsdan]

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join