It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 552
<< 549  550  551    553  554  555 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Nah, no blackmail but to my husband
I been wanting to get my hands on a 350Z convertible, but the IRS got my husband income and cut it by 7 hundred dollars a month because he didn't paid enough taxes in addition to what we pay now, so I am working hard to get to cover up the loses.

So darn I am not as young as I used to be I have to work two time harder for information .

Just a joke.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Don't fret, marg. Word on the street is that stander got his hands on a bootleg copy of a certain piece of market prediction software while he happened to be inspecting the quality of Goldman Sachs' basement storage facilities. He hasn't used it much - whereas it invests in market fluctuations mere seconds before they occur, his own information comes from barbecues, so his bank balance already looks like something out of the Weimar Republic. He might be willing to lend you a disk for a few days just so you can stash a few billion away somewhere off-shore. (Forget Switzerland, though. Exposure in Eastern Europe means those in the know are getting out. Just a rumour, mind...)

If we're lucky, he might even come in and tell us when the Dow will hit ten grand.

reply to post by EvilAxis

Nice joining the dots, there. Maybe some day enough people will see through the MSM perversion of reality that the PTB'll have to think of a new line. Maybe they could try 'Collapse is the seed of green shoots'?..

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I think Mr. Goldman is having Stander busy now that the Dow is heading 10,000, we probably don't see our friend in a while, I thing I expect him to show up right at the 10,000 mark.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Holy bejessus, I saw 9999. something on my screen before it went down a few points.

Crap I have a big bet against the DJ breaking 10k.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
DJIA hit 10,000.10 briefly

Should I pull the plug Mr Goldman?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

True.

But the real question is: when does the Dow hit 2,000?

(That's when you bank balance will look like something from Weimar whether or not stander posts you a disk.)

Maybe we should ask. He'll deny it's even a possibility, though - just you wait...

[edit to add response to above breaking news:]

stander - please just share a hint of how long there is left.

Joking aside, this is a very significant point psychologically. Doubtless to be manipulated...

[edit on 14/10/09 by pause4thought]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It's official: Dow 10,000

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Stocks rallied Wednesday afternoon, with the Dow industrials briefly touching 10,000 for the first time in over a year, following better-than-expected quarterly profit reports from Intel and JPMorgan Chase.

Lol, there's that "phrase" again.

Amusing how CNN had that all typed up and had it posted faster than I could hit the "back" button on my browser.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I can tell you all I can not wait to see Bernanke coming forward claiming the "Economic Recovery" and to take his place in the Hero's stand.

Then the call for interest rates will come next.

Now more than ever I can not stop believing how our markets has been manipulated

[edit on 14-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Well here you go:

Fed sees the US economy emerging from recession but in a recovery "restrained" by difficult credit conditions and high unemployment.

Source

What a joke.

Maybe we are seeing the peak of the suckers run up before the house of cards come crashing down.

Edit: I didn't have any luck finding a picture of Bernake on his hero's stand holding a trophy made of c-notes.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Stocks rallied Wednesday afternoon, with the Dow industrials briefly touching 10,000 for the

first time in over a year, following better-than-expected quarterly profit reports from Intel and JPMorgan Chase.

:

sounds like the reported profits/earnings reported under the 'fast-&-loose'
FASB Accounting method

are as notoriously skewed as the 2007 'Ratings Agencies' ratings of AAA for all that toxic junk that began the recession/crisis we are still in...

i have a suspiscion that the figures are all-jacked-up

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Thomas Palley writes in the Financial Times that another Great Depression still is possible. “The future is fundamentally uncertain, which always makes prediction a rash enterprise. That said there is a good chance the new consensus is wrong. Instead, there are solid grounds for believing the US economy will experience a second dip followed by extended stagnation that will qualify as the second Great Depression. Some indications to this effect are already rolling in with unexpectedly large U.S. job losses in September and the crash in U.S. automobile sales following the end of the “cash-for-clunkers” program. That rosy scenario thinking has returned to Wall Street should be no surprise. Wall Street profits from rising asset prices on which it charges a management fee, from deal-making on which it earns advisory fees, and from encouraging retail investors to buy stock, which boosts transaction fees. Such earnings are far larger when stock markets are rising, which explains Wall Street’s genetic propensity to pump the economy.”

Full story here

THis next crash is going to be really painful too!

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Gold spikes to new record high

The price of gold leapt to a record peak above 1,070 dollars per ounce here on Wednesday as the dollar slid in value against the European single currency.

On the London Bullion Market, gold struck 1,070.80 dollars an ounce, which was the highest level in history.

The latest peak was forged as the euro surged above 1.49 dollars for the first time since August 2008.

In recent days and weeks, gold has enjoyed a record-breaking run as the tumbling dollar has stimulated demand.

A fading US dollar makes the precious metal cheaper for investors holding other currencies. Gold is used in jewellery, dentistry and electronics.
www.breitbart.com...

that sucker just keeps climbing

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Stocks rallied Wednesday afternoon, with the Dow industrials briefly touching 10,000 for the first time in over a year, following better-than-expected quarterly profit reports from Intel and JPMorgan Chase.

Lol, there's that "phrase" again.

Amusing how CNN had that all typed up and had it posted faster than I could hit the "back" button on my browser.

Funny thing though, Mr. Bernanke...

the truth is that over the past 10 years (the first time the DJIA was at 10,000) the dollar has lost 25% of its value. Therefore, we present the Dow over the last decade indexed for the DXY, which has dropped from 100 to about 75. On a real basis (not nominal) the Dow at 10,000 ten years ago is equivalent to 7,537 today!

Zero Hedge

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

Join the party my friend, celebrate the economy is safe we are no longer in recession, America is booming.
:lol
sorry the markets are booming) better correct that.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
And FYI:

USD hit yet another new low...AGAIN...

USD 75.251

and EUR new high...

EUR 1.496

The Replenishment of the Central Banks continue...

[edit on 10/14/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

Any dancing in the streets? Anyone hear a ticket-parade? Let us know.

Here goes: (video)

So what does it all mean? -

Analysts said the latest rise in the Dow could encourage more investors into the market.

"Dow 10,000 may be largely psychological, but with tremendous levels of cash on the sidelines this may still be a call to action for investors," said Lawrence Glazer from Mayflower Advisors in Boston.

I suppose there's one born every day...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Hey nothing but physiological power to lure the Suckers I mean (investors) to bet in the markets again.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Wall Street profits from rising asset prices on which it charges a management fee, from deal-making on which it earns advisory fees, and from encouraging retail investors to buy stock, which boosts transaction fees. Such earnings are far larger when stock markets are rising, which explains Wall Street’s genetic propensity to pump the economy. they have to claim everything as all sunshine and roses otherwise the cant get new suckers... make that investors... to fork over their cash...

On the subject of cash... Over night Japan said they now expect the US dollar to fall as low a 50 yen per... they worry it may already be to late to save the dollar as the international reserve currency...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well I wonder how corruption goes around.

I just heard that Senator Frank W. Wagner (from Virginia) is proposing that the "Fed" gives banks Tarp money so they can come around and "give" money for small business loans.

So in other words this means using tax payer for banks to make profits on the interest rates (here comes the Fed to raise the interest occur) while the dirty banks enjoyed almost 0 interest for the loans they took from the Fed on the bailout, so they can gouge the small business under the unbrella of helping them so they can hire more people.

Sometimes I wonder who this morons in Washington think they can come out with this "brilliant" Ideas thinking that we are all dumb and stupid.

So the banks were holding to all their "reserves" accumulating money and leaving businesses to fend for themselves while shedding jobs to survive to now that the DOW is hitting 10,000 they can get TARP money to give loans to small businesses.

Then the fed can raise interest on those loans.

Deceptions, deceptions, deceptions.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I love news like this ones, what the media doesn't tell in the article is that the "polls" of so call "economist" were under the investments firm AKA banks Goldman Sach and JP Morgan the same corrupted entities that brought us the down fall of the economy and the raising of the markets by manipulations, (personal opinion here).

This people help plunge the economy into a nightmare while getting bailed out by the tax payer after causing millions to lose their jobs, remember they pay not TARP dividends.

Now they are "Optimist, the rich gets richer" and their bonuses has not change a bit.

The Case Grows for a More Vibrant Economic Recovery,

The survey of over 60 economists suggests gross domestic product jumped 3.1 percent between July and September, and will then taper off to a 2.4 percent rate in the fourth quarter.

The results showed an unusually broad range of views, reflecting fierce debate on the likely strength of an incipient economic recovery.

This one is precious,

"The recovery is gathering momentum, but it remains to be seen if the consumer can spend enough to keep growth positive when stimulus ends," said Christopher Low, chief economist at FTN Financial.

This kills me, this corrupted trash are betting on the consumer now (Jobless) to boost the economy even more for their benefit.

Well perhaps If I can sell an organ in the black market to keep one of those dirty rats alive and screwing the tax payer I probably can get enough money to keep spending on the economy so they can keep getting their bonuses.

Incredible.

www.cnbc.com...

top topics

<< 549  550  551    553  554  555 >>

join