It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 554
<< 551  552  553    555  556  557 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Not me buddy if I wanted to take a big chance to make some serious cash once things are back ...then on 10/22/09 I would go to this auction

The U.S. Marshals Service offers the following asset for auction:
A Yellow 2001 Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 VT 2 Door Coupe, 4WD
Odometer Reading: 4639
Engine: 6.0L, V 12 FI DOHC 48V
Standard Specifications Include:
Transmission – 5 speed manual
Brakes – 4-wheel disc
ABS – 4 wheel ABS
Manual Air Conditioning
Power Locks
Remote Keyless Entry
Power Windows
Minor scratches on bottom of front bumper and rear bumper.

Got to love these court ordered asset sales

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

If I even could afford to buy the car insurance on that to drive it back I would be all over that brother

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks the markets are overblown...
Ahead of the market's open, Dow Jones industrial average futures fell 45, or 0.5 percent, to 9,919. Standard & Poor's 500 index futures fell 5.60, or 0.5 percent, to 1,084.20, while Nasdaq 100 index futures fell 4.75, or 0.3 percent, to 1,743.75.

Earnings reports from banks have been of particular focus for the market this week. Investors want to see signs that credit losses are stabilizing, which would indicate that consumers and businesses are having an easier time paying off their debts. It doesn't look like that's happening... if anything it's getting worse!!!

BOA had to set aside more than $11 billion to offset bad loans.GE too took a big hit from their finance division driving profits way down. The unit saw its profit fall 87 percent during the quarter.

So much for signs of a recovery...

I thought the banks sold off most all of their loans into the MBS markets and such. How could they continue to have such a high level of losses going forward? Is it really the bad loans or is it derivative bets on the loans gone bad? Or are they writing off the entire values of loans and then claim the proceeds from secured asset sales as income? It all doesn't add up.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Another thing will drain heavily the US real soon... and it will create a world government...

More info

And after that is signed, you can bet that cap and trade will pass... and they will say that it will lower america's ``debt owed to developping nations``...

This is totally sick.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Well it's a little of both but by and large it is new loans defaulting at an accelerating rate... just this last month alone there another Just under one million foreclosures on homes bringing the grand total to 3.5 million for the year... that doesn't take into account commercial loans for real estate or just daily operating expenses, you know payrolls inventory etc...

the subprine was just the opening shoot now we have all the Alt A'S primes going bust.
Well, this third wave of prime borrowers going bust will be followed by two more waves of credit-related problems.

In a fourth wave, more homeowners with "jumbo prime" loans will go into default. These are loans to buy high-end homes that once boasted price tags upward of $1 million. "All over the country, the high end is starting to tip over," says Tilson, author of "More Mortgage Meltdown: 6 Ways to Profit in These Bad Times." This wave will also bring more problems with home equity loans and second mortgages on homes.

A fifth wave will carry rising defaults on commercial-real-estate and business loans.

Regional banks will have problems because they got heavily involved in commercial-real-estate loans when they lost so much of their home-mortgage business to upstarts vying for a piece of the subprime action during the boom. Regional banks also lack the income from wealth management and trading that's helping big banks such as JPMorgan Chase...

Starting to see how this cycle just pulls more and more in??? 18 more months to shake out... that my prediction and it will be quite the different landscape at the other end

[edit on 16-10-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hey people where all of you have been?

I got news, remember about the Market hitting 10,000 so the rats can said use it as an excuse for the outrageous bonuses, remember that I also said interest rates will start to show their ugly head?

Well all ready the pushing started,

Will Fed Listen to Barron's and Hike Rates?

Yes those interest rates "needs" to be raised or "else"

The Federal Reserve should raise interest rates now or the US economy will be faced with another bubble, Barron's warned in its cover story; but analysts told CNBC this will not happen.

"It's time to raise the rates, Ben," ran the headline on the front cover above a picture of Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke.

The magazine is not alone in promoting this idea.

"I think that the US central bank should begin raising rates in December, I believe that the economy is strong enough for that," Dariusz Kowalczyk, chief investment strategist at SJS Markets Limited told CNBC.

Yes, the dirty rats think that a manipulated push into the 10,000 mark is the green light to raise interest rates.

This corrupted trash in charge of the markets are so predictable that a small boring desperate housewife like me can see through their veil of manipulations and deceptions.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The USA financial system is truly a ponzi scheme.......or perhaps a bad joke

a chart of credit lent to businesses show that lending Continues to FREE FALL

The big "commercial banks" are LITERALLY HEDGE FUNDS! with taxpayer backing.....why would these connected institutions engange in "risky lending" into this economy.....amid rising loan loss rates when they can speculate to their hearts content...The damn banks do all there borrowing from the fed and then do all the lending to the treasury dept!...they are the one's putting in a bid for more than REPORTED in the treasury bond market.

Also their "core banking activities" make up a mere fraction of profits....they are hedge funds...and they are also being used to prop up the big daddy of them all......the US$ treasury bond market

Real money not getting lent into the economic (biz sector) coupled with the fact CIT may go under (yahoo headline)....not to mention freak'n CIT is the largest lender to mid and small sized business and F'N goldman sachs will MAKE $ holding their credit default swaps should they PUSH THEM to bankruptcy...GEEZ if any "bailout would help the economy" CIT is at top of list.

There is a battle looming between future PALTRY 4'th Q earnings and banks speculating that boosts the stock market...i am very interested in watching this outcome. It's either PE's to the MOON or Great depression II.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

More on Cit,

Icahn Offers $6 Billion Lifeline To CIT But Is Critical of Board

Famed corporate raider Carl Icahn said he offered to underwrite a $6 billion loan to CIT Group, complaining that horse-trading between the troubled lender and its largest creditors was harming other bondholders.

www.cnbc.com...

[edit on 19-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

or in fewer words.... the financial industry( & Wall Street Firms ) are emerging out of recession

however main street will have a jobless recovery taking a decade or more.

great read here:
mindonmoney.wordpress.com...

the guys got a great grasp & insight

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Careful Marg, its CIT not CITI - guessing typo..but gotta dot your i's and cross your t's around this mug.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Thanks for watching my back my friend, I guess one extra i makes a big difference.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

touche

cough..cough..wmt..cough..

[edit on 19-10-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
To borrow a line from Bill Engvall...

Here's your sign:

The National Association of Home Builders said Monday this month's housing market index, which tracks industry confidence, slipped by one point to 18, the first dip since June when the reading fell to 15. (Index readings below 50 indicate negative sentiment about the market.)

Builders also are feeling less positive about the likelihood of sales between now and the next six months and said home-shopper foot traffic has softened since September.

The dimmed outlook comes as the federal tax credit that covers 10 percent of a home price up to $8,000 for first-time buyers is set to expire. To qualify, homebuyers must complete their transactions by Nov. 30.

if you could say we had a minor bump in home sales the bump is now a pothole... As for me I just signed a contract to buy a mini farm in rural Kansas... that's how bad I think things are going to get...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hx3 checking in...

New USD low on the 19th...

75.117 and barely hold above at the moment...12:39pm est...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Hx3 checking in...

New USD low on the 19th...

75.117 and barely hold above at the moment...12:39pm est...

NOOOOOO!!! You mean the last two dollars I have will be worth even less tomorrow?

Please wake me from this nightmare...Aggghhhh.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticantiseptic

This kid should have more trouble these days

www.youtube.com...

So, is there going to be total doom and panic sex this week or what?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

So, is there going to be total doom and panic sex this week or what?

Ah...hopefully!

@ skepticantiseptic: Bread will rise...and not in da oven...

and yes the ~Panic Sex Level~ has been elevated...to "Yellow"...

"Orange" is soon to follow...

We're getting closer to yer "Mega Panic Sex!" (which I for one look forward to...I need Sex...ANY at this point!
)(The "Pink Alert"...Hmmm...
)

PS: I'm working on a new updated System...

FYI: New USD low...AGAIN...

[edit on 10/20/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
funny stuff

gold will show a battle today.....me thinks the paper system powers has it in their national intrest to keep the gold price from closing above 1065...
I think gold has a large potential to pop higher for a long time because not everyone is on the gold wagon....some don't even see it as an investment in these times of financial and economic instability.

the interesting debate is wether the price will rise due to a vote of no -confidence in the bond market ....or dollar weakness....or inflation believers...i guess all investors have their own reasons.

also looks like 75 is the key number for the dollar.....i would look for gold speculation to bring oil to 100 should 75 be breached on the dollar index....

[edit on 20-10-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Here's the thought for today...

Goldman Sachs Group Inc. said Oct. 15 it had set aside $16.7 billion for compensation in 2009’s first three quarters, or $527,192 per worker, up 46 percent from the same period a year earlier and just under the record $16.9 billion set in 2007’s first nine months. JPMorgan set aside $353,834 per investment-bank employee, up from $210,854 last year.

Not a bad haul if you happen to work for one of these banks... if you don't I have another figure for you.... Adverge wages for Americas are at a 19-year low

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Hey who say our good ole tax dollars are not put to good used.

new topics

top topics

<< 551  552  553    555  556  557 >>

join