It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 130
<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity
Today was good. The fact we didn't have an all out crash upon reversal is promising. A breather was in order and today we got it. Now we can resume upwards.

Im thinking the same thing..

Although if it wasnt for that total BS showing of NASDAQ and Goldman which totally killed my FAS.. Im still steaming about FAS

In my house we are split on this.. I still think we see Dow 7500 this week..

I also charted Citi in another "small" breakout even after the way it ended with major resistance around 3 - if it breaks this again with another 1.5 billion volume like we saw today my call on 4-5 shouldnt be far away

[edit on 16-3-2009 by GreenBicMan]

Yikes!!

FAS on the move, good percentage gainer today! Citi followed suit along with BAC with 1.5 broken legs lol

More to come..

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Donald Trump will always be rich. The rich don't have to pay off their bad debt, they just walk away. They protect their assets from bankruptcies, while the average guy has to pay everything back. You only hear about how unfair it is to let a bad luck homeowner off without paying, while guys like Trump stick everyone for billions on their investments and get rich at the same time. Just another inequity in the system that Obama is trying to fix. Support the bankruptcy changes that he wants. One day it could be you facing the hard luck through no fault of your own.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by XTC_savedmyLife

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by tribewilder

Chinas & Japan doen...the others in the green...hhhmmm...

S&P 500 +5.70 681.60 3/9 11:26pm
Fair Value 676.12 3/9 10:06pm
Difference* +5.48

NASDAQ +7.75 1054.75 3/9 11:26pm
Fair Value 1043.86 3/9 10:06pm
Difference* +10.89

Dow Jones +51.00 6579.00 3/9 11:26pm

I dont know about how many of you guys, but wouldnt that be sweet to wake up to a short-squeeze Tuesday..

I could use a rally of 2000+ points on the dow to loosen things up around here.. I guess since IBM is what now like 10% of the DOW if it jumped 10 pts or so and everything else was up substantially you could see a wild market..

But that could be wishful thinking.. but if it was with a monsterous volume we could start seeing a lot of things going our way for once

Well this certainly went my way..

Its not because I'm smart (well smartass maybe
) but because I just go with the trends..

More to come

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

Well in my neck of the woods here in southern GA, AIG, the Bailouts the corruption on the banking system is the topic at the coffee shops even in the mall while I was buying some clothing the lady at the register asked me if I was as outraged as she was because the AIG bailouts.

Well I love listening to the talks around, it means that at least I am surrounded with people that cares what goes on with the nation.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
posted on 12-3-2009 @ 10:15 PM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

Originally posted by cpdaman

Originally posted by XTC_savedmyLife
im guessing you could have sold it for 8 early next week or later this week... not your fault though if you are not an expert in the market..

as i stated in a previous thread (up to the minute market thread) i am thinking we are going to see dow at 8000 before 6500..

we closed above a big point in the S&P (741) that should give us another 2-3 days of boost here...

U2U me if you want any more information on the subject

gotta say i agree w/ ya

I sit here all day and wish I had the means the past few days to short the hell out of SKF, I can read that stock like a book literally during the day, I think its dropped around 100 dollars past few days, but there are so many short term (2-3 minute) opportunities in that stock its unreal
that bank index is looking ripe for a bigger bounce IMO

[edit on 12-3-2009 by XTC_savedmyLife]

YIKES!! (referencing BAC)

Could have just bought a damn condo in Ibiza lol (referencing SKF)..

Dont fight the trends!

BTW - I have much more on my true love SKF coming up..

[edit on 17-3-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

AIG will repay taxpayers for bonuses, Geithner says

Incredible.
Unbelievable...

www.marketwatch.com...[3B94EA58-048F-41CC-9DCF-BB48BC6989E6]&siteid=bnbh

Geithner said AIG will pay the Treasury an amount equal to the payments, and the Treasury will deduct that amount from the $30 billion in government assistance that will soon go to the company.

Is this sensible, human talk, or what?

Can you imagine all the negative, "positron" currents rushing through this guy's veins while giving such a somnambulist statement?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This fat rats are getting another 30 billions of tax payer money?

What the government is doing is deducting the millions they used for the bonuses from this last bail out.

Does this Geithner thinks we Americans are stupid?

We can do the math you know.

Outrageous they still will get more tax payer money for their incompetence.

How we get to pay for all this reward to the fat rats in power.

This is just incredible.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
S & P 500 Updated Chart

Dangerously close to my 800 Trend Line

If we break on heavy volume 840 (other resistance line) right around the corner!!! YIKES!!

S & P 500 Updated March 17 Close

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hold the phone folks, NASDAQ coming back like a freight train

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the look of the ten year old virgin QQQQ

Take a look, just BROKE and CLOSED over my resistance...

*Breakout City*

Could be a real heavy hitter and if its an indication NASDAQ straight follows suit

QQQQ Powershares Close of March 17 - Meeeoooww

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Yikes!!

007 James Bond Special "SPY" Play

Look for 83 real soon

*Note* - Would like to see higher volume

SPY - As of Mar 17 Close

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Not much more I can say about this "Cereal" Killer

Look for 3.01 (my resistance line)

Hopefully on another 1.5 Billion shares..

This one could go to the moon alice along with the market (depending on this mtm mess)

Cereal Killer CITI

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Oh.. Sweet Sweet SIRI

My FAVORITE satellite radio stock by far!!

Ive already posted my call on this (not to mention a 40% GAIN TODAY BTW, and thats if you sold late!!!!!) YIKES!!!!

But now I show you were it goes from here..

If you see SIRI close over .36 measly cents on the dollar tomorrow...

All I can say is YIKES!!!!!!!!

Sweet, Sweet, SIRI, Maybe in another life baby...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
You know I was just thinking.

They already passed one "stimulus" package. They are in the process of writing another one. Anybody want to wager that when the market falls out again they are going to pull this one out and put us through the whole this is important and urgent and it can't wait this needs to be passed now spiel.

It will be another 1000 plus pages and they will try to rush this through without giving anybody anytime to read it. Then they will pull the same stuff they are doing now. Oh, I didn't know that provision was in there, BS.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Oh FAS, I love your volume honey, not to mention your FAT returns

Lookin for 7.04

YIKES!!!!!!

FAS - as of close Mar 17

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
GreenBicMan, why is it no matter how we try to explain it to you, that it will not compute with you that this is a MARKET DATA thread, not a trading advice thread or personal trading log.

I know you are having fun, but giving trading advise without being licensed to do so can get you in trouble - and not only with the Mods.

Please take a moment to think about what you are doing here before it comes back to hurt you or ATS.

Now on to more news updates:

How ya like this one -

Citi Losing Economist to Treasury

Yeah those Citi economists have done them so well, that the US now owns the bank, so let's get them in the Treasury to keep running the bank???

Citigroup Inc.'s chief economist is leaving the company for a job at the Treasury Department, according to an internal Citigroup memo.

Lewis Alexander, who has been at Citigroup since 1999 and before that worked at the Federal Reserve, will head to the Treasury "to work on domestic financial issues," said the Citigroup memo, which was sent Tuesday.

According to a government official, Mr. Alexander will be a counselor to Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner. Mr. Alexander and a Treasury spokesman weren't available to comment Tuesday. A Citigroup spokesman declined to elaborate on the company's memo.

Full story at link

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Dear Ms. Jones Industrial Average,

Hello again, its GreenBicMan, although you are married, I just can't get enough of you, I have to see you again baby..

Meet me at 7500 Know Your Role BLVD.

Not much to say again..

Look at my BLACK trendline..

So dangerously close to first resistance of 7431

Breaking That... well

7850-8000 and real quick..

YIIIIIKESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ms. Jones, as of close Mar 17

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
GreenBicMan, why is it no matter how we try to explain it to you, that it will not compute with you that this is a MARKET DATA thread, not a trading advice thread or personal trading log.

I know you are having fun, but giving trading advise without being licensed to do so can get you in trouble - and not only with the Mods.

Please take a moment to think about what you are doing here before it comes back to hurt you or ATS.

Now on to more news updates:

How ya like this one -

Citi Losing Economist to Treasury

Yeah those Citi economists have done them so well, that the US now owns the bank, so let's get them in the Treasury to keep running the bank???

Citigroup Inc.'s chief economist is leaving the company for a job at the Treasury Department, according to an internal Citigroup memo.

Lewis Alexander, who has been at Citigroup since 1999 and before that worked at the Federal Reserve, will head to the Treasury "to work on domestic financial issues," said the Citigroup memo, which was sent Tuesday.

According to a government official, Mr. Alexander will be a counselor to Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner. Mr. Alexander and a Treasury spokesman weren't available to comment Tuesday. A Citigroup spokesman declined to elaborate on the company's memo.

Full story at link

No it cant, b/c i said from the beginning I do not give out information, just as an indicator of "UP TO THE MINUTE MARKET INFORMATION" - I HAVE GIVEN FULL DISCLOSURE FROM THE BEGINNING - just to make that clear

I think I've done a pretty good damn job of it too...

continue on

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
More on the news and the markets.

IMF poised to print billions of dollars in 'global quantitative easing'

This was posted by RcknShdw in this thread,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Very interesting article, a new currency?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

And if you look at the first post of this whole thread, im pretty sure the OP said he would like opinions, espically based on charts..

so....

whatever man.. dont hate

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yeah - I posted about that "super-currency" a few days back in this thread

scary how we are slowing being corralled into a one world currency no matter how we try to fight it, isn't it?

Oh heaven - I just learned how wonderful the IGNORE button can be

new topics

top topics

<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join