It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My co-workers watched as a girl died

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
OP,

Place posters everywhere in your area with the names and photos of the people who just stood by and did nothing.

Claim that their Negligence and Apathy killed your co-worker. Have it contain a picture of the victim with her family.

Do it until they snap or sue you. And when they sue you can get the judge to rule in your favour - just state the facts on those posters....

But don't stop if they sue. They'll need a court-order for that.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Sorry, but this is the result of a sick law system.
In my first aid courses I get regularly every year, I'm advised not to help Americans "Be prepared to get sued". Isn't that sad?
It should be like in many other countries, where it's impossible to get punished for trying to help, even if something goes wrong. At least you did something...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
I haven't read the whole thread, ......

[edit on 18-10-2008 by ipsedixit]

Well apparently alot of people don't read threads nowadays....

Just shows the gullibility of peeople towards RIDICULOUS story that doesn't make any sense at all with ZERO PROOF.

Now where's that official news of this incident?

Wow I guess a fake thread doesn't need any evidence to get blindly flagged and starred these days....

[edit on 18-10-2008 by spacebagel]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
There is no other way to put this - without using extreme language - I could not be more disgusted by the way these people acted (or didn't act, which is worse?). To stand there and actually watch a person die!! this almost seems to be beyond comprehension!!

At least you tried everything you could to help the woman. Good on you!!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
LMFAO "Her parents are planning on suing anyway because they did nothing."

This is why nobody wants to help. Her parents should be shot. Bottom line you dont have to help if you dont want to help. She will lose and I am glad for that. Sorry for the girl but people like her parents ARE the reason why people are afraid to help.

I am a nurse, I know all of the GS laws. They are not all inclusive.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Sickening, this is what happens when people turn into sheep and look to authority to help them through their lives.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
since i live in l.a. i would probably call my lawyer before i called 911.

shouldn't a life be more important then you calling a lawyer
this amazes me that anyone could think about what will happen if I do such a such...If I saw someone drowning in a river,I would jump in and try and save them! I wouldn't think about it..the problem with this society is that we "think" too much..what is happening to us...why do we not care anymore...there is something very wrong when you have to think about saving a life,you shouldn't have to think or worry about the consiquences you should do everything in your power as the OP did to try to save them...Not stand around waiting and watching that person die,cos your scared your going to get sued

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by shug7272
LMFAO "Her parents are planning on suing anyway because they did nothing."

This is why nobody wants to help. Her parents should be shot. Bottom line you dont have to help if you dont want to help. She will lose and I am glad for that. Sorry for the girl but people like her parents ARE the reason why people are afraid to help.

I am a nurse, I know all of the GS laws. They are not all inclusive.

So your saying its ok to just stand around and watch someone die and not help them
and you have nurse training......not sure I'd be happy for you to nurse me then...... The parents have lost their daughter because her work collegues chose to stand around and watch her die,for gods sake they didn't even call an ambulance!!! ok,they didn't want to help her,but whats wrong with picking up the phone and calling an ambulance

This world is all twisted whats wrong with people....

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
since i live in l.a. i would probably call my lawyer before i called 911.

if i knew who you were , and discovered you in dificulty - i would call your lawyer too - maybee he can help you

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Where did this happen.. WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN... THIS IS A HALLOWEEN STORY!!

It either needs to be taken in the spirit it was given or it needs a HOAX tag because as far as we the skeptical can tell IT NOT TRUE!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Guys what is it you don't get?
Several people have pointed out that this is in fact a hoax.
And you don't listen and treat it as real?
The OP stated they got autopsy results from the persons parents only 3 days later?
There is no way they could do a full autopsy in 3 days.
That is a fact.Go call the local medical examiner and ask them.
You will see it is a lie.
Some people are just lousy liars.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
If you know absolutely nothing and are considered a slow learner by all your friends, you can still give chest compressions. You just put the heel of one hand in the middle of the breast bone at the level of the nipples with the other hand on top of it to bring your weight to bear, and depress the chest quickly about two inches and release without taking your hands away from the breastbone (sternum).

This should be done about 100 times a minute. "Bop, bop, bop, bop, stayin' alive!" The Bee Gees tune apparently moves along at about that clip. If you do 95 beats or 80 beats or 70 beats, it's still better than 0 beats.

Apologies if someone else already posted something like this.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by ipsedixit]

Hey, neat! Again, for other people, I was tought that if you use your index finger and run it up the bottom rib (whichever side) to where it meets the other in the middle, feels like an upside down 'V'. Then, place 3 fingers of the opposite hand just up the sternum, as a measuring aid from the 'V' point, and just above is where the hands should sit as that is approximately where the heart lies. And not to forget the heart sits off to the left, so make sure you're doing chest decompressions from the right hand side
wouldn't help so much otherwise, oops!

found this link - for those who are interested in learning a bit about it. Doesn't help that it's just theory, you really need to do some practical work - but enjoy!!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

Maybe it is a hox, maybe not. People die everyday, but do you see the papers reporting yet another death?! everyday someone dies but at the end of the day, not everyone will be in the media for it.

And to other people who have been wondering about the cause - perfectly healthy people can drop down dead - i don't understand why some people can question it? Maybe my status is just right mind, always confused, as per

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I've noticed that when you tell an emotional story, people are more likely to believe it. It's as if the emotion turns off part of their brain. Anger, sadness, disgust, horror... and then BAM! Disbelief is suspended! Neat trick.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The hoax patrol has come out I see.

If it did happen, then it is very telling of our society.

If it didn't happen....then its a GOOD story!

[edit on 18-10-2008 by bismarcksea]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains
Which is exactly why they _must_ sue....... to help spread the word that if you watch someone die like they did that that is illegal and you will _certainly_ be sued.
They didn't even call an ambulance?!
Their true punishment will be living with themselves for the rest of their lives.

That's exactly what I was thinking. They Absolutely should sue them. It would force them to explain themselves in court and bring closure to the family. Not doing so would leave MANY unanswered questions which would torture the loved ones for years. That isn't fair to them. And who cares where the money goes. The family deserves compensation and it is up to them whether they use moneys gained to fund awareness, give to a charity in her name or spend it on themselves.

Getting the message out that it is NOT ok to stand around and watch someone die is one that needs to be shouted out these days. This reminds me of the man on the bus who killed a sleeping passenger while everyone else ran away from him, and the man who let his wife's killer follow her in a car to the police station where he killed her. Why didn't he stop the guy?
These stories are recent, both of which I can't even find on Google because I don't have the names. This story will probably be forgotten as those were, by the general public.

These issues need public awareness.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Very sad. I hate humanity. I really do. There are not enough people out there that care anymore. I was jogging once and had a mild heat stroke. I fell out on a major street and laid there while probably 20 cars went by. Finally a Fire Fighter stopped (thank God) and drove me to the ER.

That's so sad but I'm glad you posted it. It's a reminder for people who are driving that maybe that ISN'T a "bum on the street", it could be someone whose life needs rescuing. It doesn't hurt to stop and ask and, if you have an even bigger heart, be persistent in your efforts, don't just walk away saying "I tried..."

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
You can say it's justified to sue. But it is still just seeking revenge. You can make the argument that it's ok to poke out the eye of a person who poked another persons eye. But you are still just getting revenge. Eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

I hope the story is fake.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by inthesticks

Wow, three times a hero, good job!

There's an old saying, "Sometimes, it isn't until the teabag is dropped in hot water that you can smell what's it's made of."

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join