It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU to present "Blueprint for Worldwide Currency System" to US this weekend!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Distractions4Nothing
You can't get rid of money. It's human nature to trade. It's hard wired into our brains and sense of fairness. Something else would take its place. The barter system. And the barter system is BAD. It makes people hoard useful things like food instead of relatively useless things like little paper notes.

I respectfully disagree. I think we have been accustomed to trade, but it is not hardwired into our brains. I would be more than glad to look into it if you have any information proving me otherwise. But that's beside the point, I agree the barter system is bad, but why would we digress from a monetary system to a barter system? I would bet there are more than enough capable, intelligent people out there who could come up with a better idea than bartering.

In a similar way, our national currencies have greater value in the absence of a global currency. It's introduction would see national currencies plummet in value, and there would subsequently be an inflationary financial disaster. It would probably only be temporary, but it would serve as another way to manufacture an artificial disaster that could be used to ram even more power grabs down our throats.

So I believe the goal should be to limit, check and balance the power of the people who push these drives towards "global unity". There will be peace on earth and real global unity some day, but it will come about through the compassion and brotherhood of ordinary people who want to live free. Not by turning over our freedoms and power to government bodies who seek supreme control over a unified world.

I agree that if the monetary system absolutely must stay, we at the very least need some kind of checks and balances in order to keep the world from being ruled by a few old men. I just believe that because the system is so corrupted, there would be nothing we could do, so our only option is to come up with something new. But again, it's just my personal opinion and in all honesty I don't know if it would work or not. I just can't think of a way we could have a global currency without it being controlled by a few.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
TOLD YOU SO. if they pass it we shall take to the streets. if you want to survive go to land in some plains or mountains and become self efficient. it's not hard or that expensive as they say it is, it is also not impossible to dissapear, just so you can know in case you're wandering how

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ElFulanoZutano

I'm in the process now of purchasing supplies and reading up on how to become as self-sufficient as possible. I'm just glad my wife is taking this as serious as I am!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I must admit, the concept of a single currency who's denomination remains constant regardless of where you're spending it is VERY appealing. exchange rates are a pain in the ass...

The problem with it is that they probably want to replace everyone's fake money with their fake money, and then you get into a place where that system can be abused horribly. If we didn't have greedy morons in charge of things, something like this could be helpful.

i'm no fan of the NWO, but a consistently valued currency would be kinda cool to see..

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
For those that still think one world currency is a grand idea remember this, power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. That in turn would be what whoever controlled the currency would have, absolute power. You also must remember that the players of the game wouldn't change, just the pieces with which they play. I don't want to sound cliche' but this is the truth of the matter. The control would still be held by IMF and World Bank and the likes, their means of control would just get easier. They wouldn't have to jump through quite so many loop holes to stick it to us and it would become a bit more blatant.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdl79
For those that still think one world currency is a grand idea remember this, power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. That in turn would be what whoever controlled the currency would have, absolute power. You also must remember that the players of the game wouldn't change, just the pieces with which they play. I don't want to sound cliche' but this is the truth of the matter. The control would still be held by IMF and World Bank and the likes, their means of control would just get easier. They wouldn't have to jump through quite so many loop holes to stick it to us and it would become a bit more blatant.

Agree, all it take is for one person to take control and he can dictate to any country he wishes, just by controlling the money system in that country. this would be an excellent position for 'the Anti-christ' to appear.

This is what I wrote on the 10th of October concerning the G7 meeting:

"I don't like what they are doing as far as the IMF, it sounds to me that the NWO is attempting to have all the finances of the world under their control. instead of having the amero shoved down our throats, they could do the entire world at once. this is indeed another 911 but on a global scale.

Whatever comes out of the G7 is just window dressing, the real talk happens behind closed doors."

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The euro can be thought of as a model of a currency that you can use to buy stuff in different countries in Europe. But the currency doesn't have a bad reputation; no one seems to feel being controlled by the issuers of this universal European currency. Where does the apprehension toward a currency that you can use anywhere in the world come from?

If you want to buy oil, than you need to exchange your national currency for USD. No other payment is accepted by the oil sellers. But USD is tied to the economy and monetary policies of the USA. If something goes wrong with the USA
(Naaaw.)
(Oh, yeeeaaah.)
then something goes wrong with USD that you are forced to buy to purchase oil.

The USA doesn't like the idea of the worldwide currency at all. Any country that likes to print money by the tons to finance its domestic and overseas adventures would frown on this proposition. And so let's flip the patriotic bird at the EU schemers.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

Thank you for explaing this in clear, consice points netwarrior.

I will look more into the points you listed, but I am beggining to understand the negatives.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I think that some of you forget that in various times throughout man's past history we have had a ONE WORLD CURRENCY in cirulation. Just think of some of the worlds greatest empires, which at their time were the world, so their currencies were global ...... Roman Empire, Alexander's Empire, the British Empire .... not to mention The Knights Templar (First REAL bankers). Did the world stop revolving during their day?

By having a one world currency (lets call it the Terran) it would eliminate currency speculation, it would make the 'Terran' the same value in the US, China, Iraq and Zimbabwe and everywhere else in between. It would enchance global trade as there would be no need to 'convert' currencies. It would also increase market competition and bring down the price of goods.

Get your head out of the sand ..... the sky will not fall down. By having a ONE WORLD CURRENCY, we would at last be free.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
[we would at last be free.]

Nothing is free ..there is a price to be paid for everything .
This will do nothing but enslave us even more to the system .
They are just gonna keep on and we are just gonna take their rope and let them hang us willingly .

It is about things of this world for us (our idols) and we are as greedy as they are (we want more for less) ....they have us by the balls when we are that dependant on THINGS and MONEY ..they want power ..so we do a trade off with them ..You give us stuff for less we give you power ...its pretty cut and dried and how this is supposed to work and how it did work very well for them didnt it ?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior
3. The financial expense of implementing such a currency would be staggering, and would likely far outweigh the benefits of taid currency. Think about how many vending machines you see a day. Every single one of those machines would have to be either overhauled or replaced, not to mention bank equipment, ATMs, and the like.

If you want to do this by the stupid way, then yes. The fastest and complete transition from a national currency to euro took place in Germany. If everyone thought the way you do, there would be no euro.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
It seems to me that there are a lot of Luddites on this thread. As has been shown in the past few weeks, our current financial system is old and archaic. It is time for a change. Scrap National currencies for one World-wide one.

We want a GLOBAL CURRENCY and we want it NOW.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakyty
Establishing a ONE WORLD is part of becoming a mature society. There are three key elements to becoming a level 1 (global) civilisation.

Now I would think it all depends on who is in control, and what their views of those under them are, n'est pas?

If there is a benevolency, with those in control treating all as equal spirits, I cannot see an issue with a United Globe. The issue we have today is that those who would "unite" us are evil f... sucks.

They abuse children, they experiment on unsuspecting people, they add stuff to our food and water supply to make us sick (so that they can make money off of treating us), they use mind-control, they plan to chip us, they look down on us, they manipulate us through the media they control, they plan to kill most of us, and so on.

So at this point, anything that keeps us from "uniting" under THEM is a good thing.

If you fail to see these issues, then either you lack eyes to see, or you are a part of their agenda.

While I agree that patriotism is a silliness at best, and that one should be valued for what one carries in one's spirit, what has religion to do with anything? Why do our personal beliefs matter in "uniting" the globe - as long as we truly follow the Golden Rule?

The fact is that those trying to "unite" us DO NOT value us - in spirit or in flesh. So being an apologist for them...seems a poor choice.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by fyrelyzard66
It seems easy enough to me to implement this. Most money is electronic already with only a small percentage paper. Just make all worldwide paper money void. Each country would have central monetary servers that would control the flow. The last need would be to chip everyone and use the chip like a RF ATM card. It would also double as a passport/tracker.

Oh, THAT sounds idyllic. That way, if someone doesn't like you or what you're choosing to do/think/believe/talk about/whatever... Just turn off your account.

Yeah, that's where *I* want to be.

NOT.

I want to get RID of money, via the resource-based, high tech economic model.

See here for details:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander_Supertramp
Pardon my interruption into this thread, but I hadn't seen this posted yet.

What bothers me is that we should be figuring out how to eliminate the need for currency alltogether, not finding a way to specialize in only one. The monetary system was a great idea to begin with, and absolutely necessary for the progression of mankind, but it has now been corrupted and is controlled by the few, controlling the many. Is this not grounds to believe that if governments truly cared about the people, they would try to make the world a better, more just place, and not allow it to continue to be ruled by a handful of greedy old men?

Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth, I just don't see how anybody truly trusts this whole monetary system idea anymore.

If computers and robots did all the work no one wants to do, and all the work that someone wants to do is done by those who want to do it, then all would be freed to follow their bliss, no one "in control" and....

No money needed.

Abundance would be the paradigm, not scarcity as is promoted by all monetary systems.

Today we are at a point where this is possible. Never before in our history have we been. We no longer need some to be slaves, whether outright or as wage-slaves. This is where we should be going.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Distractions4Nothing
You can't get rid of money. It's human nature to trade. It's hard wired into our brains and sense of fairness.

I disagree wholeheartedly. We trade simply out of necessity. We grow up in the System, learn the System, use the System.

But if we put robots and computers to work doing all the stuff we hate to do... We would have abundance (there is plenty for everybody right now - it's just VERY poorly managed) and "trading" would be a matter of pleasure (I'll trade my painting you like so well for one of those meals you prepare so well), not necessity.

Because all history has been under the System, it is difficult for most to grasp what it would be like without the System. But I can see it very clearly. And now is the time we can abolish the System. Never before have we had that option.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
It seems to me that there are a lot of Luddites on this thread. As has been shown in the past few weeks, our current financial system is old and archaic. It is time for a change. Scrap National currencies for one World-wide one.

We want a GLOBAL CURRENCY and we want it NOW.

No. No we don't. It's time to scrap currency altogether.

It's time for a new paradigm.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Thats all very well saying lets scrap currency, but in reality its not likely, certainly not in our lifetimes. On the otherhand though a ONE CURRENCY FOR ONE WORLD is within the realms of possibility and WILL one day be a probability.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
OK, I am no expert, but I'm driven to ask the more knowledgeable among you wouldn't it be illegal for the US to join a one-world currency? I thought our Congress was supposed to be responsible for the coin of the realm. Putting someone else in charge of it would be illegal, wouldn't it? At the same time, I don't understand how we let the FED control the currency, anyway, but I was pretty sure our Congress was in charge of our money.
So can anyone explain for me how it would work out? And what about the neutral nations, such as Switzerland and Sweden? Would they adopt such a currency, too? I only ask because even the scumbags who run the world have to have a place they can launder their money.

Seems to me a global currency will drive a lot of people to bartering and grey or black marketeering.

Enjoy-Polarbear6

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Polarbear6

wouldn't it be illegal for the US to join a one-world currency

Wouldn't it be illegal to sweep away the Constitution?

(Oh, but don't worry, the Patriot Act will be good for you.)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join