It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU to present "Blueprint for Worldwide Currency System" to US this weekend!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Stander -

While the world's other nations were calling for "a more rigorous international oversight of markets" - Bush is acting to neutralize democracy, entrench the neo-monarchies (corporations), and establish corporate oversight and solutions, including one world currency.

The spin is almost cultural wisdom... Wasn't last time I looked.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander
reply to post by Taledus

Well, if you want to believe that your life is about to be screwed by the imminent issuance of global currency than it's your choice.

I've written a few posts on the subject, so have you. Someone may stumble upon them and make hi/sher choice. That's what posting different views is all about.

I'm positive that global currency is a theoretical topic not to lose sleep over. I also believe

OMG! It's here!
Now that was quick. I should have signed your petition.

I attack your deluted view, you attack me with this...

Your adolescence is showing to be your greatest characteristic. But I have to get this correct...when you have NO LEG to stand on, you resort to childish tactics to implode your ignorance about a simple topic? I am truly sorry that you have missed the point of the entire thread, and feel the need to voice your absurd view and misguided understanding of the topic. Did you really ride the short bus to school?

I've written a few posts on the subject, so have you. Someone may stumble upon them and make hi/sher choice. That's what posting different views is all about.

That is the about the best way to look at it. I feel those like me who believe this to be a bad idea need to start a petition, call a congressmen, send out emails, etc, etc, etc. Your answer is to demean another's view and simple effort to a problem that is a non-violent method. So, I look at it this way: I am attempting to do the most logical thing I feel which would help the situation at hand...You fling poo and troll for points. You should write a book on your methodology pertaining to economics...then we can all have a good laugh at that half a paragraph.

However, I am done with this thread, and any and all tactics you choose to implore that are nothing more than adolescent speculation, and detouring from the original topic. I have wasted too much time with you on my position and refuse to go further in what seems to be a pointless %itch fight.

I bow out to your ignorance.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Taledus

Deny Ignorance: Outrageous claims require ostensible proof
Try posting some reputable articles to back up your hypothesis, whereas a dozen pages of temper tantrums and subjective speculations convinces no one.

Until then, a one world currency is a fallacy absent of facts.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Does anybody have any updates regarding the Camp David meeting from this weekend?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

US and European leaders have agreed to hold a series of summits to reform the global financial system to make it more resilient and ensure continued prosperity in the world.

US President George W. Bush, French President Nicolas Sarkozy and European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso said in a joint statement released after their talks here Saturday that the first summit would be held in the United States "soon after the US elections" on November 4.

The world leaders will "review progress being made to address the current crisis and to seek agreement on principles of reform needed to avoid a repetition and assure global prosperity in the future," it added.

Later summits "would be designed to implement agreement on specific steps to be taken to meet those principles," the statement read.

The first of the summits will likely be held in November, but Tony Fratto, a White House spokesman, did not give a date.

Source

Basically, this is going to be a non-issue until after the election is over

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

US and European leaders have agreed to hold a series of summits to reform the global financial system to make it more resilient and ensure continued prosperity in the world.

US President George W. Bush, French President Nicolas Sarkozy and European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso said in a joint statement released after their talks here Saturday that the first summit would be held in the United States "soon after the US elections" on November 4.

The world leaders will "review progress being made to address the current crisis and to seek agreement on principles of reform needed to avoid a repetition and assure global prosperity in the future," it added.

Later summits "would be designed to implement agreement on specific steps to be taken to meet those principles," the statement read.

The first of the summits will likely be held in November, but Tony Fratto, a White House spokesman, did not give a date.

Source

Basically, this is going to be a non-issue until after the election is over

Sounds like it.

I wonder if the emphasis of this summit will be more intended to lame duck President Bush, or the newly-elected President.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ign0rant
This is a huge suprise I didnt expect this until a few more months passed by. They must be getting really desperate either we truthers are doing our job, or the monetary system that they decided to dwindle to rapidly spinning out of control.

This is a pretty scary thought that "elite" cannot stop what they have set in motion. Not to worry friends I doubt the good men and women in the EU will ever let this vile bill pass.

-Ign0RanT

Anyone who has read Biblical prophesies should not surprised by this. It will happen. Fighting it directly will not work. Developing work-arounds (barter, etc.) are another matter.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I read in europanews that the EU wants both Bush and the president elect in on the summit. The idea stated by EU is to have policy changes begin in late Nov, almost immediately following summit, and have them continue to be implemented as Bush and elect are changing office.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The british empire lead the world in politics and economy and continues to do so this day PM Brown has Englands best interests at heart and is leading the world through this crisis I only hope america is listening.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel
Anyone who has read Biblical prophesies should not surprised by this. It will happen.

I understand only the second part of the prophecy

The priests agreed that they would not collect any more money from the people and that they would not repair the temple themselves.
2 Kings 12:8

but what does "The priests agreed that they would not collect any more money from the people" mean? No more bailouts?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Serbian national television station B92 10.19.2008.
News
this is the meeting to establish :"novi svetski finansijski poredak" which means in Serbian "New World Financial Order".

[edit on 19-10-2008 by clock1]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander
Does "a new global financial order" translate into "a new global currency?"

Only mob psychology whipped by OP paranoia can make such a translation. That's why ATS is the most famous board world-wide.

The OP probably misread the final paragraph before spinning out of control:

But she adds that Mr Sarkozy, whose country currently holds the EU presidency, has made it clear he wants to move away from finger-pointing and towards a partnership with the US to overhaul the world financial system.

The OP mistook CURRENTLY for CURRENCY. Then his eyes hit WORLD and a new conspiracy was born. The mob breast-fed the baby to become the Dauntless Conspirator of Unusual Aspiration and Desire.

Ain't that fun . . .

OP paranoia?

Sorry, I hate having to defend WHY I posted the video, as opposed to what I think about the topic, but my original post was a link to an AFP video - not exactly an obscure alternative news source - and a small bit of my own commentary about how what the EU is proposing is, in my opinion, bigger than the Amero that people have been rousing about lately. I felt it was worth posting (notice I don't start many threads), being from such a credible source. Granted, the reporter didn't really elaborate on the "blueprint for a worldwide currency system" part, but it doesn't take too much of a stretch of the imagination to translate that as possibly being the beginning talks of a new global currency. If you read this post you'll see that what I consider a global currency may not necessarily mean completely abandoning our euros, dollars, pounds, etc. My mind remains open to what the "worldwide currency system" might be in this case, so I am definitely interested in hearing everyone's theories as to what it might mean.

Also, just to clarify, I haven't said anything about the BBC article, as it was published a couple days after I last posted anything. So, I certainly didn't spin out of control as a result of misreading anything in that article.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by evilod
Also, just to clarify, I haven't said anything about the BBC article, as it was published a couple days after I last posted anything. So, I certainly didn't spin out of control as a result of misreading anything in that article.

That was an opportunistic LOL insertion, which I had no intention to dwell upon. Sorry about that. It was posted later as supporting evidence of the OP title when someone doubted that the title was particular to the EU agenda. Obviously, you couldn't see the BBC article. Here is what I wrote regarding your decision to start the thread:

The OP took the video for granted, so to be honest, he shouldn't be blamed for eating its content the way it was served.

When the crap hits the fan, politicians always talk in very broad terms. They talk about fixing things, but never show you what's in the toolbox until the time is right. Since the specific word about the global currency came from a female journalist who didn't translate (male voice) the words spoken by the EU guys, it's a good thing to crossreference the extra-ordinary proposal. But nothing of any substance showed up. The folks saw the proposal as an act of evil even though euro doesn't make anyone involved very unhappy. I'm kinda fearful of mob psychology. If you don't like hypothetical Amero, then you will flip over Worldero, which, according to the video is in the making. Translate this into ethnic differences and the mob may take you someplace you don't want really go.

[edit on 10/20/2008 by stander]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
The answer is right in front of you and has been there for 5000 years.
Will you study it, embrace it, and share it with others?

And the better answer is to hand all slave work - work no one want to do - to computers and robots, and eliminate money altogether. Money is only needed in a scarcity paradigm - which is promoted in any money/greed based paradigm.

With robots to till, to plant, to remove bugs, to weed, a vast amount of land can offer up unpoisoned food (no pesticides, herbicides, or chem fertilizers), they can tend and pasture animals in a natural way, they can do what we hate to do, and things that need to be done will be done by those who love to do them.

No money needed at all in an abundance paradigm.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Where is the evidence for this new currency? The weekend has passed and I didn't hear about it. Please provide a link to some news site that confirms this prediction, or retract it and admit you were wrong?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

You watch too many movies.

Utopian societies never work, will work or even be attempted. This is what we got now.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by metro]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Fear is the mind killer. There is nothing to fear, but fear itself.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This NWO and world currency is not going to happen.

I'll say it again, not gonna happen!

Who said we the people agree to this anyway, I'm just saying, the elites represent us, or get the f*** out, and that's that. This should actually give the thread a good reality check.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by mind is the universe]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join