It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I honestly had no idea that it was this bad

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This only shows one side of the street. I am sure that if someone posted the pro Obama side it would be every bit as bad. I went to an Obama rally and the people were shamefully brutal towards Mcain and especiallly Palin.

It was really bad and embarrasing if someone was to film it a play it back and makes this seem lame. I now tune everything out. I now do not believe one thing that anyone says and I will cast my vote on what the candidate has done and not what he says. It is hard to hide from your past.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Wow. Almost speechless at the arrogance from the "left" in this forum.

Sure you have many people not wanting Obama to be president and it's not because of his skin color I can assure you. It's because of his beliefs below the surface of what America sees.

He wants all 50 states to recognize gay marriage, something that shouldn't even be part of any campaign.

Well, this is only one of the things that I hate about this "pinhead, Harvard graduate" and if you really want to be inflmaed at what's going on, read this and and this.

And who is ACORN? Click here to find out.

Up to 17 registration from 1 person? Registrations for the dead? Fake names? Non-existing adresses?

Why aren't the Republicans being investigated for voter fraud?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

AP-Yahoo News poll that found one-third of white Democrats harbor negative views toward blacks — many calling them "lazy," "violent," responsible for their own troubles.

source

Guess these very well could be the people showing up at McCain rally causing all the turmoil.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by toepick

That is one of the best video's I have ever seen. Nice find. I recommend everyone watch it.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggins44
This only shows one side of the street. I am sure that if someone posted the pro Obama side it would be every bit as bad. I went to an Obama rally and the people were shamefully brutal towards Mcain and especiallly Palin.

You get a star from me even though I'm not the biggest fan of McCain's.

I would like to see a comparable footage from a Dem rally. Just really curious, want to see how low these people will go.

You see, it will be really difficult to squeeze under the bar set so low by those Republican rallies, but I want to see the Dems take that chance.

I still doubt I'll see any of that, but I really want to.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Constitutional Scholar

*snip*

Are, now you show your true face... Is it also OK to call them tar babies or spooks or any other slurs just because they are black?

for you

Mod Edit: Removed offensive quote, and redirected to whom you were initially replying.

[edit on 10/13/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
McCain has really let me down in that he is appealing to the most heinous instincts of a PURPOSELY misinformed conservative base in an attempt to crawl back into the polling. SHAME on him for allowing himself to forfeit whatever remaining integrity he had left in order to access the highest (allegedly) public office in our great land. His selection of Palin as a running mate should be an insult to all Americans no matter their political leanings.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I'm quite sure you're right in principle that there is a definite effort on the part of politicians generally to seek to simplify issues in the interests of popular persuasion. I suppose there is nothing inherently wrong with attempting to help people relate to big issues, so long as you aren't manipulating the issues to suit your purposes, as in the instances you give as examples. But even if they do manipulate, as all governments surely do - it's quite a stretch to get from attempting to manipulate popular support to attempting to provoke racial tension. In a country with such a huge ethnic vote, surely the latter would be politically naive, at best - political suicide at worst?

What bugs me about my own perspective of the US and its politics is that I am fed an underlying message by media in the UK - and in what popular culture I see from the US - that republicanism is inherently the politics of the uncultured, ignorant side of America, and the democrats somehow represent the cultured, civilised side. I see a map of the US depicted in blue and red by state and I see the America I know about from TV - New York, Washington, California and so on (I stand to be corrected on this by the way) voting democrat - and the bits I know nothing about voting republican. I hope I'm canny enough to acknowledge that my not knowing about a whole swathe of America does not mean that whole swathe is ignorant.

And this is a case in point. The story has been reported over here, essentially, as the struggle of republicanism against its inherently racist heart. But it's hard to believe that can be right - and hard to be dissuaded from the view that what we have here is a simple case of racist people automatically siding with the party that opposes the election of a black man... I do think there's merit in the argument that if both candidates were white, the racism would be evenly spread.

I'd be interested to know if it would genuinely be more remarkable for a black man to be the republican candidate than a democrat, though???

In the UK, we divide our parties stereotypes not so much by intellectual level as social level. The tories are regarded as posh and elitist, Oxbridge-trained, wealthy aristocrats. Labour are regarded as the opposite. Yet the man who brought Labour to power was an Oxbridge educated elitist. So it all evens out in the end. What price a black man being the next Republican president, I wonder?

LW

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

*snip*

If a "scholar" sounds like a moron, is it wrong to point THAT out?

Sorry for the one liner - *snip*

LW

Mod Edit: Removed offensive quote, redirect to whom you were replying.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I love how people try to throw out how misinformed Mccain and the republican platform is when they wont even research their own party enough to realize how far off the deep end they have gone. Obamas waffle house seems to have set up shop in every arena. Not to mention his politics, his foreign policy are a joke. His tax cuts? HAH If obama gets 1/3 of what he wants passed not even the bringing the military back will pay for it! And where do you think that money is gonna come from? Wont be from your taxcut hes telling you youll get. Not to mention his ties with big business as well, ACORN, rev.wright, and many other distasteful people who hold racist and anti American views.Plenty of lies, disinformation and hate spewing from his camp too, no one side is right here. All i ask is please, look at your own party and whats going on before you start throwing around slander and saying how bad the republicans are.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
reply to post by sos37

When the Republicans have an African American running for POTUS there will be people on the Democrat side shouting their hateful crap.

And there you go, lowering yourself to the same standards as the people in the videos. You are making assumptions that all Republicans are like the people in the videos, or that Republicans would never nominate a decent African American man or woman for the position.

You can't make that statement because one has never tried. If you do, you started assuming and then you've gone off the same slippery slope.

Personally, I would nominate Colin Powell without a second thought.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

*snip*

Constitutional Scholar....I doubt you are a scholar of any sort.

With regards to your earlier post...Racism is not an "opinion".
It is someone using abstractions and generalizations to demean an entire race of people based on physical appearance. Racism is a way to combat their own lack of self worth. It is a need by weak minded people to able to abase an entire group of "others" without any rational premise.

As for your most recent "scholarly" insight....you show yourself through your words.

Mod Edit: Removed offensive quote, and redirect to whom you were replying.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This thread is becoming the very example that the OP was alluding, trying to justify racist, bigotry and ethnophobic thoughts that would preclude a person from voting to Obama by saying how Obama supporters are doing the same is just a deflection from their own views and feelings.

I would have never thought that I would have seen that here on ATS I guess I was wrong, I guess you find this kind of people everywhere.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by sos37

I think this was a moment that McCain could have stolen... By going ballistic against the root veggies crying for Obama's blood. But he doesn't have the gut to risk alienating the despicable lynch mob on whom he relies for the precious more votes.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by buddhasystem]

See, I can't agree with that. I think the "Kill him!" remark put McCain in a no-win situation. He's going to be chastized by the left if he:

1. Ignores the guy (which he did) - the left criticized him for doing nothing
2. Goes ballistic on the guy (which you suggested) - the left would criticize his temper and say he's quick to anger and trampling on free speech
3. Called for security publicly - the left would have said he was trampling on free speech

I still say, if he heard the guy yell the remark, that he made the right decision by ignoring it.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Lots of Republicans harbor prejudices, too, but the survey found they weren't voting against Obama because of his race. Most Republicans wouldn't vote for any Democrat for president — white, black or brown.

source

a pretty informative poll and artcle.

Guess democrats, regardless of race, just aren't the flavor of the day for republicans.

Lot of this turmoil at these rally could very well be people that are independent or abandoning the democrat party. To blame it totally on reps is not being fair.

edited for source

[edit on 13-10-2008 by jam321]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

He has no need to call security. The secret service was on hand to hear it and take care of it as per their job.

If they can come to Texas, I am sure they could have walked a few feet to get the person that said kill him.

A Lufkin woman got a surprise visit from the Secret Service last week because of a "death threat" comment she reportedly made about Sen. Barack Obama to a campaign volunteer asking for her support of the presidential candidate

source

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Colin Powell.....

He is black, I WILL give you that. Remember the whole....lying to the world at the United Nations thing? (Not his fault.....but birds of a feather....)

Would you say then that there is some sort of rift between the black community and the republican party? Why is there a problem with blacks feeling accepted by the Republican party then?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I think this video shows a huge problem with the election process in general. I've just turned 18 so I try to inform myself to make my own decision based on stances and ideas. It's sad that many people in this country just vote Republican for the sake of voting Republican or Democrat for Democrat. The American people need to wake up and smell what each candidate is cooking. Now I've grown up in the small town midwestern culture, and I have witnessed this firsthand. (In my town, there are 2 Obama signs, and about 200-300 McCain/Palin signs) Ignorance has become an epidemic of sorts, and the single biggest culprit is racism. While Civil Rights bills have been passed, racism has not disappeared. It has festered in the close-mindedness of American citizens, and to be quite honest, it makes me shameful to call myself an American at times.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The divisions are to deep in America once again.

There will be blood in the streets if Obama is elected.

God help us!!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

They are accepted.

www.nbra.info...

Maybe this might answer your question.

www.factcheck.org...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join