It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I honestly had no idea that it was this bad

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It is that bad and much worse. Something very bad is brewing under the surface of this country. It smells like death, and hate. There is some kind of weird vibration all over the place. Feels like we are about to enter a second civil war. Like HST said " I am getting the fear".

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I am 53 and grew up in the deep south, so I know all about the KKK (my best friends father was a grand wizard). However, when you start fanning the flames of hate, intolerance, and ignorance, it's a slippery slope before you start seeing this type of stuff all over again (and I see the signs of it in this rally).

Also, get a load of this Pastor Conrad praying against the "God of Obama" (Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, fill in blank ___) at a McCain rally. To those out there with any sense at all, this stuff ought to scare the "peje burs" out of you!

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 13-10-2008 by whatsup]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup
I am 53 and grew up in the deep south, so I know all about the KKK (my best friends father was a grand wizard). However, when you start fanning the flames of hate, intolerance, and ignorance, it's a slippery slope before you start seeing this type of stuff all over again.

In my opinion I really don't think so. Don't get me wrong, there are going to be some pissed off people after the election, but as time goes it will die down. You will have the few that are still very vocal, but that happens in every election.

I live in Texas, and like I said 20 years ago it was A LOT worse, and even more so 30 years ago. I remember back then my great grandmother requested a different booth because the hostess sat us next to a black family, and let it be known in front of everyone that that was the reason why, i was so embarassed. But the thing you have to understand is that's just the way that she was, and a lot of the older generation is. They grew up with it day in and day out when they were young, and when you grow up with everyone around you telling you CONSTANTLY to hate someone because they are black, then most of the time that is how you are going to grow up, there are a few who won't give in to the group mentality, but not too many.

I'm so thankful that my parents taught me from a very young age that you treat people based upon their character and their actions, and nothing else!

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Slazer]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by observer

Sorry but you (McPalin's camp) cannot have it both ways. You cannot say "leave the family out of this" and then proceed to constantly stick them in the public eye. You want them left along? Fine, I concur, it is unfair to the poor kids in that family to be scrutinized but they will be so long as McPalin proceeds to use them as stage props. And also, since when is asking legitimate questions about a candidate and her family an attack?

Never ASSUME anything. I am NOT voting for either Obama or McCain. I am voting for Ron Paul.
Furthermore, Obama brought HIS family up on stage at the convention also. But I don't see anyone aiming at them, do you?
Legitimate questions? Are you for REAL? You think it is a legitimate question to suggest that Sarah Palin did not have her 5th child? That is a disgusting suggestion.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

You are totally right. George Bush is the monkey. I think Barack Obama is the donkey, not the monkey.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup
The only thing that was missing in that rally were the robes and the burning crosses! Thank you McCain for restoring racism and hatred in this country (and keeping up the legacy of "Bushy").

Here is my new bumper sticker:

McCain/Palin
= Fear/Hatred

Just because the fools in this video call themselves Republican and will vote against Obama DOES NOT MEAN that McCain supports this same kind of behavior and racism.

These people would vote for whomever was running against Barack Obama, Republican or otherwise, so long as it was the other choice.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
To see the old man using a Curious George monkey to represent Obama is hilarious. There are theories that the true identity of Curious George is in fact George H.W. Bush.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

"no, what they should have had, was an actual real...funded, education. Ignorance breeds this garbage. Where does ignorance originate? With uneducated people. Who's for education? The Democrats. Who tries to cut back on funding of education? The Republicans. Who benifites then from ignorance? Hmmm...Rupert Murdock and Dick Cheney ring any bells???? How about McCain and Goerge Bush???"

OH SO TRUE!!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
damn.
living in a very progressive city has blinded ME of how ignorant our middle country is...
a lot of white good ol' boy types that spew racial hatred at anything that doesn't look like the people living across the street.

makes me glad i live in a coastal city (san fran).

too bad so many of these "people" are voting citizens...

once a certain percentage of our old school population dies off, maybe some societal change will happen. -- of course a huge amount of this mental programming gets handed down to the next innocent & impressionable children to only rear its head once again...

those evolution pills never made it to the entire population...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
So from the incessant bashing of my previous post, allow me to ask this:

Some people simply look like monkeys. There are pics of George Bush that show him looking monkey-ish.

Example:

So, comparisons like that are ok, but if he was black it would be racist?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I know ats wants me to say more than one word... but only one word needs to be said here and that word is.... MORONS... there I said it... both canidates are not the right ones for America... RON PAUL where are you...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
When man realizes that we are all one in the same then we can move this whole thing ahead a step or two. Until then we will just stumble around like the monkeys we evolved from.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
That was ridiculous, and possibly one of the most disturbing things I've seen or read these past two weeks. I honestly don't know what to say.

They call themselves Americans? The United States of America was one of the few nations that gave its citizens rights, abolished slavery, tried to create a more perfect and equal setting for every individual. And yet you see these men and women, aunts and uncles, bringing their children and friends to rallies that exist only to denote the other person? Cry racism in the support of somebody else? If this is what it's boiled down to then enough people should point it out.

If Palin really wants to make herself look good then she needs to tell these supporters that what their doing is wrong. And that is is not the way to go about doing things.

Hell - she shouldn't have to do anything.

They should just NOT say and do the things they've did.

I'm really starting to get scared here - I won't deny it anymore.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by ConMi27]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Well there never has been coverage of those Black Panther gang bangs around the nation. Perhaps it is time for change. Not change but exposure. We cannot vote for some old man that may kick the bucket during his term. And we cannot have a woman that has been governor for less than 2 years take the office. Hillary will have Obama assassinated.

On the other side of the coin we cannot vote for Islam. Does the Obama Biden ticket coincide with Osama Bin Laden. It just sounds erie right? Like what is really going on with the name game?

Before the world ends in 2012 vote for JESSE VENTURA!!! The Edison/Franklin all access VIP.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

most of the people I saw screaming are PLANTED there to do so I.M.O.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Who are they aguing with, it seems to be a two way argument going on here.

I am not shocked, look at the nasty things they say about Palin, both sides are antagonizing one another, there is plenty hate to go around.

This is one of the ugliest elections I recall, there is a lot of anger on both sides.

I can't post the Palin tee shirts people wear, they would be against TOS.

[edit on 123131p://bTuesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
As someone who was at the rally, I can tell you most of the people were actually respectful. Out of an audience of about 8,000 people, you find 10 idiots. Amazing.

Having been to my share of Democratic events, as well, there are plenty of people there who think Republicans do many nasty things and call them all sorts of names also. The problem isn't ideology, it's when ideology becomes so extreme that you stop thinking of people who disagree with you as people.

Sadly, on both sides, this happens all the time. I'm a conservative, but I listen to everything and try to keep an open mind.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
It is that bad and much worse. Something very bad is brewing under the surface of this country. It smells like death, and hate. There is some kind of weird vibration all over the place. Feels like we are about to enter a second civil war. Like HST said " I am getting the fear".

Sometimes I wonder if that could happen, you can't stop it, mankind has been at each others throat since Cain and Abel, jealousy, rivalry,power and control,

You would think we could elect one on the issues alone, but even bringing up issues, makes people angry with you.

www.philly.com...

Outside on Broad Street, waiting for Palin to leave, one man was heard saying: "Let's stone her, old school."Another protester shouted at someone entering the hotel, "Wait till your daughter wants an abortion, you hypocrite."

[edit on 123131p://bTuesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join