It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I honestly had no idea that it was this bad

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   

This video made me sick to my stomach. The amount of ignorance and hatred at this "rally" seemed more like a Klan convention than a political rally. It really is a miracle that Obama is still alive. I can't imagine what is going to happen after the election is over.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
hopefully nothing will happen once the election is over.

during election years, the vast majority of people seem to forget that the parties running for president, though not truly in touch with the common person, are still human beings. they forget that these people held positions they where they make decisions and that they were elected as the person to make those decisions.

this time around it's even more heated. i think a lot of people are put off by the fact that obama doesn't have an "american" name. it seemed that way from that video.

it does make me a bit fearful. the people shouting "terrorist" all too often become what they hate most simply out of fear.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
its this stuff that makes me very very glad im NOT american.

no offence to any americans, but i woudlnt want tarred with that racist, biggotted and generaly unintelligent brush..

i really hope obama gets in! will be the best thing to happen in a long time and might actualy rid america of racisim (which woudl hopefully spread !"!)

im just an average white dude, but racisim really annoys me
, i just dont understand it at all! (an episode south park sums it up best how i feel on racisim)

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
...It just doesn't get more ignorant than that...

And that guy with the little stuffed Curious George monkey? His evil cackle as he walks off camera?

OMG the ignorance.

EDIT: Never mind. I can't say it.

...taps...

[edit on 13-10-2008 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
im just an average white dude, but racisim really annoys me
, i just dont understand it at all!

same here.

sometimes i am ashamed to even be a human because of people that can't get over our differences enough to see our similarities.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I liked the line " The only difference between Obama and Osama is the BS.
True, but it depends on how you interpret that I guess hehe.

It seems no matter what is in front of the people or when, it's still a battle of North & South.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
They very much remind me of Nazis or extremists...
Scary really, this is the 21st century and their acting like its a medival witch hunt

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

no, what they should have had, was an actual real...funded, education. Ignorance breeds this garbage. Where does ignorance originate? With uneducated people. Who's for education? The Democrats. Who tries to cut back on funding of education? The Republicans. Who benifites then from ignorance? Hmmm...Rupert Murdock and Dick Cheney ring any bells???? How about McCain and Goerge Bush???

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I didn't think it was that bad either and it's shameful. I guess I thought we'd evolved from the Archie Bunker mentality. Apparently not.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Its just as bad from the other side, 4 year cycle, actually compared to 2004 this isnt that bad.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

Can you post any videos of this type of hatred at a democratic rally? I haven't seen anything like this from the dems. I haven't looked very hard though. I would be curious to see it.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Check the shirt on this Obama supporter

donate.barackobama.com...

or some obama supporters from this thread

www.hillaryclintonforum.net...

or this vid from a McCain Palin march in NYC

www.youtube.com...

and some other documented stuff from Michelle Malkins Blog

michelle malkin

and if you want your own t shirt you can go here

www.zazzle.com...

[edit on 10/13/2008 by DarkStormCrow]

[edit on 10/13/2008 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Wow. I wonder what, if anything, was being said to cause those people to behave that way... Maybe there's a video out there somewhere of the people from the other side of the road at this thing.

I'm just in shock... Wow...

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

Maybe I have blinders on here, but I think that comparing "booing and jeering" with some middle fingers tossed in to shouts of "kill him", Terrorist, muslim, monkey...etc that was at the original video is a bit of a stretch.

I realize that people will see things the way that they want to see them, so again.. I could be wrong here, but I would think that an unbiased observer would say that the two videos are comparing apples and oranges.

The video you linked even says that they went to "liberal mecca" to march with McCain Palin posters. If you ask me, they were looking to cause confrontation. So their response doesn't seem all that unexpected. The racism and bigotry in the original video is not something that I would have expected and really is disgusting behavior that could easily lead to someone being seriously hurt or killed. I don't think that there is anything very dangerous about the video you linked.

Note: I do not have audio right now, so I can't speak for anything that may have been said in the video.

Yes, the "Palin is a *snip*" shirt is classless. No arguing that.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/13/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Just because you dont "understand" racism doesn't make someone who holds unpopular opinions ignorant, dumb, stupid, etc etc.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The "kill him" comment came from a Code Pink demonstrator that the secret service has since released Code Pink support Obama and have a habit of crashing McCain functions.

The "Terrorist" cry out was in response to the name of Ayers not Obama.

Interestingly it is thought that the monkey doll man is also an Obama supporter trying to cause a stir, its being looked into.

The first video from the McCain rally was taken by Obama supporters , who were there to provoke responses, and that rally is in a very conservative area.

Yesterday in Oregon two Obama supporters tossed a Molotov cocktail into a yard with a McCain Palin sign. I think that link is on Drudge should you want to get a look at that story.

There is enough blame to go round on both sides.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

The monkey comments are fair game. Democrats have been using this jab for nearly 8 years now so don't expect it to be called off on account of some democrats now saying it's racist. Think about it. The accusation of racist insinuates that you believe that blacks resemble monkeys and you don't like others pointing it out.

Calling the sitting President monkey is now an established and valid tradition thanks to the last 8 years. It's a bit too late to say it's racist now.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Oh, you don't need to dive too far into the Internet to find support for whatever ideology you might find attractive...

For example (fair use, from another forum):

Yes, I have noticed the similarities between islam and Obama. Silence any critic, not allowed to ask questions, his past is off limits he, uses bullying tactics and threats so people are afraid to confront him...

...I NEVER thought it would happen this soon after September 11, 2001.

With regard to the lady in the video, commenting on what an Obama cabinet might look like:

Remember folks, the truth, and everything else, is out there. That goes for this forum, too.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Or you mind find something like this abhorent as well then, right?

www.youtube.com...

Was there an ATS rally in Manhattan I didn't hear about?

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Gatordone]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join