It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cable Outages

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

What would you say would be wrong with a new community built in 2005 (house as well) with no issues of this occuring up until a week and a half ago?

No in fact new neighborhoods sometimes see the most trouble for a couple of reasons.

1. All the lines are buried. Buried lines have a quarter of the lifespan of aerial wires, especially those used to connect the house from the main distribution cables.

2. The ground hasnt settled yet, as the ground settles the wires underground are subjected to pressure and are rubbed against rocks or are twisted and contorted. If you live in an area where the ground freezes in winter this makes it worse.

3. Alot of time construction that is occuring up the street may be responsible for cable cuts or sometimes the cables are just slightly nicked and tossed back into the ground because the contractors do not want to assume responsibility as they are chargd the price of the repair. Many people also landspace their yards and most people arent aware that their buried service wire connected to their house is located a mere inches below the grass.

4. Finally, all services must come from a node or main point of transmission. YOu might see them scattered abiout your neighborhoods they are large brown, grey or green boxes that stand roughly 4 feet above ground. In new neighborhoods that are located beside or near older neighborhoods, the cable that feeds the new neighborhood is usually branched off from the older cables that run from the central office to the connection boxes, this means that while the cable underground in your neighborhood may be 2 years old, the cables that feed the connection point may be as old as 20 years.

Trust me when i say that communication systems are not perfect, and unlike hydro transmission, if there is a very slight problem with the line, you will hear and see all sorts of weird stuff. Telephone lines get crossed all the time, pictures get fuzzy and yes even internet takes a crap. If all three of your services (phone, int, tv,) are fed through the same source, either phone line or cable line, all three will be affected at once.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Cablevision in Ny has looked like the same boxy, pixelated crud, even in HD...
I have Fiber Optic (fios) at home I'll update once I see that stuff later.

I suppose some will troll or try to over hype everything. Ifnot cause panic. If a change is coming us little people can't do much to stop it. I'm a Marine and we adapt and overcome, no matter the odd's.
I suggest that we all take the mind over matter approach, If you don't mind it doesn't matter.
Gotta say it's a beautiful day to be alive.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

I agree; just think about the odds of this. Many people would never think about something like who is having problems with cable connection unless someone else points it out. We have been having cable problems for years where I live in New Jersey and we have told it's...squirrels. Not to belittle the conversation, but there's probably what, at least 2 or 3 percent of the population having cable problems at one time or another; by itself, probably not a telltale sign unless there were consistent problems across consistent parts of the world; stands to reason?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by mkross1983

What would you say would be wrong with a new community built in 2005 (house as well) with no issues of this occuring up until a week and a half ago?

No in fact new neighborhoods sometimes see the most trouble for a couple of reasons.

1. All the lines are buried. Buried lines have a quarter of the lifespan of aerial wires, especially those used to connect the house from the main distribution cables.

2. The ground hasnt settled yet, as the ground settles the wires underground are subjected to pressure and are rubbed against rocks or are twisted and contorted. If you live in an area where the ground freezes in winter this makes it worse.

3. Alot of time construction that is occuring up the street may be responsible for cable cuts or sometimes the cables are just slightly nicked and tossed back into the ground because the contractors do not want to assume responsibility as they are chargd the price of the repair. Many people also landspace their yards and most people arent aware that their buried service wire connected to their house is located a mere inches below the grass.

4. Finally, all services must come from a node or main point of transmission. YOu might see them scattered abiout your neighborhoods they are large brown, grey or green boxes that stand roughly 4 feet above ground. In new neighborhoods that are located beside or near older neighborhoods, the cable that feeds the new neighborhood is usually branched off from the older cables that run from the central office to the connection boxes, this means that while the cable underground in your neighborhood may be 2 years old, the cables that feed the connection point may be as old as 20 years.

Trust me when i say that communication systems are not perfect, and unlike hydro transmission, if there is a very slight problem with the line, you will hear and see all sorts of weird stuff. Telephone lines get crossed all the time, pictures get fuzzy and yes even internet takes a crap. If all three of your services (phone, int, tv,) are fed through the same source, either phone line or cable line, all three will be affected at once.

Good info! Thanks for the post!

In fact, we actually have a lot of this going on right now. Construction across the street and in the community as well. House was built in 2005 though so it has been a couple of years. Just weird issues are showing up only recently. But this is good information I never knew so thanks.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsAllRelative
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

I agree; just think about the odds of this. Many people would never think about something like who is having problems with cable connection unless someone else points it out. We have been having cable problems for years where I live in New Jersey and we have told it's...squirrels. Not to belittle the conversation, but there's probably what, at least 2 or 3 percent of the population having cable problems at one time or another; by itself, probably not a telltale sign unless there were consistent problems across consistent parts of the world; stands to reason?

Yes and I understand what you guys are saying. It's a combination of the timing and the frequency in which the issue is occurring without statements from any of the cable/internet providers and the fact the issues started about the same time and appear to be wide spread. Those are the things that got me questioning.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

Actually, I have mediacom cable tv and it's been complete static for a few days now. I contacted mediacom and they gave me the same bs and told me someone will be out here in a week to fix it. (if they even show -_-) I don't know if it's related to uh.. you know.. but my cable did go out. (South west GA, btw.)

I never trusted mediacom and got my internet through AT&T. (My boyfriend is also an over the phone internet tech so it's easy to keep out acct in check too, haha.) But no problems with internet lately.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Boogley]

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Boogley]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
What is much more worrying is the total disregard for passenger flights. Let's assume for one moment that the Oct. 14th thing is going to happen.
What does that mean for the millions of air-travelers during those 3 days? Who's gonna pay for the travel-insurance if they can't travel because the sky is occupied with alien ships? What happens with the flights that are in the area where that particular space-ship appears? Are they doomed? Is Blossom saying we should NOT use planes during October 14, 15, 16 or what?

I mean, honestly, I do not intend to cancel my flight.

Not even mentioning the numerous satellites that those ships *will* damage. Can we forget about TV and GPS during those days, or are those ships magically transparent for the GigaHz spectrum?

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Slagroom]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slagroom
What is much more worrying is the total disregard for passenger flights. Let's assume for one moment that the Oct. 14th thing is going to happen.
What does that mean for the millions of air-travelers during those 3 days? Who's gonna pay for the travel-insurance if they can't travel because the sky is occupied with alien ships? What happens with the flights that are in the area where that particular space-ship appears? Are they doomed? Is Blossom saying we should NOT use planes during October 14, 15, 16 or what?

I mean, honestly, I do not intend to cancel my flight.

Well, branching in to the Oct 14 area for a minute, I think if they do come they will know enough to not crash into any airplanes. Being advanced enough to travel thru space to Earth they would have something to not crash into our transportation (I would think).

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Yes, here in Massachusetts we had our cable and internet out for a few hours yesterday.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983

Originally posted by tide88
No offense, but if you took a random sample of people throughout the world many would report having cable outages or interference on their radios. I have been having random cable outages ever since cable was offered, and radio interference

I agree. But this has only occurred within the past two weeks and previously had not been an issue. The frequency of the issue is what made me post this thread and obviously from the other posters, I am not the only one having issues. If you read the other posts you will see the issues are new for them as well. I understand there are interruptions from time to time obviously.
Again if you post on any forum anywhere on the internet at any time of the year and ask if anyone is having problems with their cable you will get the same amount of responses. You could ask any number of questions. Who here has had a stomach ache in the past two weeks, a fever, lost power, stubbed their toe, etc. Cable goes out all the time. I have cable and dtv. You would think that if it were some kind of spaceship it would have more effect on DTV then it would on cable and my DTV picture has been perfect. Now if you lose you cell phone signal, radio signal, cable, and dtv signal that is when a thread should be started and we should start to worry, but cable problems...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'm not really convinced about any of the oct 14 happenings. But in regards to this thread, i did find it odd that last night, the 12, while watching tv, my cable started messing up as well. It didnt exactly go out, just all the channels went black and i couldnt hear a sound. Don't know if this has any relation, I just know this does not happen very often, in fact hardly ever(epecially for all channels). It only lasted about 2 mins, then everything was back to normal.

I don't know that this has anything to do with, well, anything. Just thought i would add my 2 cents about the subject.

If anything does occur tomorrow, I don't believe they visitors would be friendly. I've done a lot of research about the disclosure project and I've read lots of testimony's about the visitors pretending to come to help but in reality they are quite the opposite. Any one else remember seeing the art bell mysterious area 51 caller on you tube? Quite freaky indeed. I wish I had the link to post it. What do you thinK?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
ATS Readers:

This is not an issue or anomaly isolated to the south east or west US territory alone...I am loctaed in an undisclosed country in Central America and recently I have been personally alarmed at the numerous outages via the local cable system. What I did determine is that the outages were directly attributed to the local broadcast stations (which can broadcast over the air to the population in real-time), all other cable broadcasts continued with normal operations - which begs the question: Why were the local broadcast stations the only channels affected? I thought that the topic of this thread was real-time in itself considering that these anamolies have been recently occurring...Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Here in Kansas we have Cox Communications, and for the past week the sound would go away for about 25 seconds then come back, it would do that constantly, also sometimes the screen would go white for about 1-2 seconds. I don't know that this has anything to do with anything, just thought i would mention it.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Central, Arkansas here. Cable is plugged directly into the television. It's been dropping channels and being distorted. We lost cable completely yesterday (including internet) for a couple of hours.

Cell phones are all static and dropping too around here, and I usually have excellent service. I've been having fun watching my bars go back and forth from 1 to 5 really fast in the course of a few minutes.

Our internet is through Comcast, Cable TV is through Resort, and Cell phone provider is Altell...alltel...whatever it is

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

DirecTV in Iowa, while watching SNF last night.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983

No offense, but if you took a random sample of people throughout the world many would report having cable outages or interference on their radios. I have been having random cable outages ever since cable was offered, and radio interference

I agree. But this has only occurred within the past two weeks and previously had not been an issue. The frequency of the issue is what made me post this thread and obviously from the other posters, I am not the only one having issues. If you read the other posts you will see the issues are new for them as well. I understand there are interruptions from time to time obviously.
Again if you post on any forum anywhere on the internet at any time of the year and ask if anyone is having problems with their cable you will get the same amount of responses. You could ask any number of questions. Who here has had a stomach ache in the past two weeks, a fever, lost power, stubbed their toe, etc. Cable goes out all the time. I have cable and dtv. You would think that if it were some kind of spaceship it would have more effect on DTV then it would on cable and my DTV picture has been perfect. Now if you lose you cell phone signal, radio signal, cable, and dtv signal that is when a thread should be started and we should start to worry, but cable problems...

I never mentioned anything about October 14 being the cause of the issue. I was looking into how wide spread the issue was.

Also, other posters with Direct TV had had issues and cell phones seem to be having problems as well.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by mkross1983]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Everything fine in Denver at least. No problems with cable, nor our companies VPN, nor our Blackberrys, nor our many satellite offices that utilize a dish for their Internet. So.. nada. Haven't heard a peep. Also, my radio both FM and AM yesterday and today is just fine, as usual. Imo, isolated incidents are just that. There is nothing amazing about this.

If there were some staggering phenomena that would be so large (i.e. a huge spaceship) as to have an adverse effect on radio or satellite, it would be widespread methinks. Entire cities. Or at least entire neighborhoods. Have heard nothing of the sort.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I work for comcast and this isnt anything big or new. Currently there is sun spots that will be affecting people's service. It happens multiple times every year.

This could also cause some of the issues being seen on google maps.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yes, I understand, lol. Issues happens and if I asked any time of the year I would get the same response. :p Thank you all. I never contributed the issue to a huge spaceship or anything so I don't know why that keeps coming up. At any rate I was just interested in other issues going on. I can still use the internet so clearly there is no need to worry about it going down.

Thanks all for an interesting thread. :

- Peace

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I live in the usa georgia area...we have been experiencing cable outages for the past week now as well as our internet constantly going out, our cable company cannot find the source of the problem.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join