It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cable Outages

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Anyone experiencing random cable outages? I have been getting static for about a week randomly and occasionally cable goes completely out. This outage is also affecting our internet connection, when cable goes out, so does the internet.

Anyone else having this issue?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This is so weird, I was just about to start a thread on this.
Yes, I have had cable outage and serious static for about a week.

It doesnt matter if it is on a box or directly on the cable, I have both in my house and they are experiencing the same things.

CNN had a weak signal or just lost signal so many times last week that I lost count, I have had major static on every channel.

Also I have noticed on both TVs some kind of digital white blocking thing on the black space above ads at the very top of the screen, anyone else see this?

It also happens on both TVs (one is a flat screen the other a tube with HD)
Last night the static on NBC was very intense and a bit spooky, cant really explain why but it was.

I know I about to make myself sound like a loon but it has reminded me a great deal of Independence Day when the cable and satellites began having interference.
It was the first thing to pop into my mind so if anyone else has a good explanation lets hear it.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Anybody else or is it just me and mk? And if it is just me and mk, do you live in the Southeast mk? Do you have Comcast?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is actually very weird. My ol lady left me heh, but anyway I have been talking to her and her phone is so static that we cannot talk anymore. Mine also gets it sometimes no matter who im talking too. Also I got a weak single from Fox news the other day but no static on TV after or before.

Seriously though whats up with this cable thing? I'm from upstate NY , where are you guys from so maybe we can try to make some sense of this all.

I dont think its anything crazy like aliens etc, but could have something to do with how we have to buy converter boxs because they are taking over the channels we have now.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
two days ago while watching cable (time warner digital) the channel would flash black and make a high pitched skwell of a noise and then go back to the picture and this continued for about 10 minutes so i just turned off the tv and walked away, also my internet connection which is thru the cable has been unexpectedly cutting in and out also, maybe realated?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Same intermittent net/phone/tv outages are occurring here in Iowa. Mediacom

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I feel like Jeff Goldbloom.
I hope more members reply to this thread, this could be many different scenarios that should be discussed.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
So we have Comcast, Mediacom and Time Warner.
Iowa, Georgia.

Anyone with satellite having the same issues?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I live in the southeast and have Comcast. I have had no such problems. Everything is crystal clear!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I live in Northern Illinois, Chicago. I have comcast and on Friday I had a cable outage but since then everything seems fine. I don't know if this is related to October 14th but we'll see

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
people are also expierncing problems with radio and there tying it to oct 14th very interesting even though i dont buy into the FOL thing

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
people are also expierncing problems with radio and there tying it to oct 14th very interesting even though i dont buy into the FOL thing

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

How often do you have the TV on? Is it enough to notice any issues?
I am at home and have the TV on for background noise all day.
I know most people do not have their TVs on for background noise so they may not notice as fast as others. It's not an all day event it is intermittent.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I have had certian stations go out for a minute or so.I would assume it has to with upgrades to the system on both the telecasters and the cable companies.

ATT just laid new fiber in our community of 3,000 homes for their upgraded service. What is funny about this is that our community has a 10 year contract with Comcast, so the chances of anyone switching to ATT is slim and none. Point being that much work is being done on telecom systems everywhere. if you have something that persists they probably screwed up when they did upgrades.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I've had no problems with my Dish network, but I know folks who did experience loss of signal with their dish during last week's football game. I am also a member of a football forum so I had first hand experience with the outrage!

I wonder if these problems may have something with the switch over to digital signal early next year? I have no idea...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
I feel like Jeff Goldbloom.
I hope more members reply to this thread, this could be many different scenarios that should be discussed.

Yeah, I was going to say it was just like in Independence Day also but thought people might say go in a GFL thread, lol :-p

But yeah, I am in Charlotte and we have AT&T here. Haven't noticed any issues with advertisements. It's just static lines appearing randomly sometimes, not even a lot of them, and then once in a while it will go in and out for a second and then it will go out completely. It just went out for about 20 seconds straight so I decided to start this thread about it.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I too have had some problems in the past week. No signal and poor signal is what comes up on the screen. Something must be going on in the Southeast because I live in... Alabama? That is weird once you think about it.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tmbandt

That's more than likely it. The analog to digital date is coming up quick, and the last few places are scrambling to get it all ready. Which means, I am sure botched jobs. Plus, you get the ones who don't do English as a first language, and wires get crossed, signals get screwed up, and at THEIR end- lotsa yelling, swearing, ect.

It's not an alien invasion. My Mental connection to Kara, Queen of Anteris XI, said she wont be sending her fleet Until early 2009. And since I am the Queen's consort, I am *Gets hit in the head by a brick* Ow.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I know AT&T is doing upgrades in the area but I had thought that had been a couple of months ago.

Not sure if those are still going on or not. It is weird that as the 14th is getting closer it seems to be getting worse. :p

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

I've noticed the picture occaisionally jumping, as if I've missed 20 seconds of whatever I'm watching. Picture also pixelates a lot lately, on clear days. That's not supposed to happen when you have satilite and no clouds. And it's on both tvs.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join