It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cable Outages

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983
Yes, I understand, lol. Issues happens and if I asked any time of the year I would get the same response. :p Thank you all. I never contributed the issue to a huge spaceship or anything so I don't know why that keeps coming up. At any rate I was just interested in other issues going on. I can still use the internet so clearly there is no need to worry about it going down.

Thanks all for an interesting thread. :

- Peace

Sorry I thought you were implying it had something to do with Oct 14 and the big UFO. I apologize. It was posted on this board so I thought it you were tying it to these other crazy thread. Peace.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88
Sorry I thought you were implying it had something to do with Oct 14 and the big UFO. I apologize. It was posted on this board so I thought it you were tying it to these other crazy thread. Peace.

Nope,
, just trying to learn if anyone else was going thru the same annoying routine as me.
I put this thread in Education and Media to avoid the appearance of trying to make it sound like I thought it was related to October 14th. Oh well, lol, found out some cool information I never knew.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Having problems with Shaw Cable, in Vancouver, BC

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Everything is fine with my cable, but yesterday I noticed that the moon was shinning really bright. I'm not sure, but I think there were about 3 or 4 new stars in the sky. Yesterday a bird flew in my house and this morning a squirrel was knocking on my window. Something wierd is going on.

lulgmab!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by born²
Everything is fine with my cable, but yesterday I noticed that the moon was shinning really bright. I'm not sure, but I think there were about 3 or 4 new stars in the sky. Yesterday a bird flew in my house and this morning a squirrel was knocking on my window. Something wierd is going on.

lulgmab!

Wow, man that is weird! You should start a thread on this topic...

Honestly, what does that contribute to the subject of this thread? Nothing. Thanks for contributing.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by mkross1983]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by born²

lulgmab!

What was weird? did the squirrel say hello, we come in love?

[edit on 13-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickenshoes
Ok, now my dish network is out almost completely, only local channels coming in. Can't be weather related, it's sunny, and, yes, hubby climbed up and checked the dish, hasn't been knocked down or anything.

Sunspots maybe?

The sun hasn't had spots in over a month - nearly two. (Last time that happened, Earth experienced the mini-ice age.)

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

I have been experiencing defective cable tv reception since tewo weeks ago. This issue has been increasing at the point that I have to stop watching tv. I live in Mexico.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I have Comcast in the Houston area. The internet has been browning out for short periods of time for the last few days.

I also have DirecTV (NFL Ticket, yeah baby!). That is working good. How good? During Hurricane Ike, we had a generator. We only lost signal for about 2 hours. THAT GOOD!

As for the UFO thingee, the first contact we make with interstellar space aliens will be staged; man made holograms mixed with nuclear explosions for effect.

You heard it here first.

("SOMETHING" is planned this month.

I will tell one Super Mod in a U2U if asked by one. That's as public as it's going to be from me.

I am not interested in being famous or anti-famous.)

Edit: Since I posted this, my internet has browned out at least twice.

[edit on 10/13/2008 by Genfinity]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by chickenshoes

Sunspots maybe?

The sun hasn't had spots in over a month - nearly two. (Last time that happened, Earth experienced the mini-ice age.)

en.wikipedia.org...

Check your facts on sun spots. They are also sometimes called solar flares.

Also this is what they cause:

Solar flares also create a wide spectrum of radio noise; at VHF (and under unusual conditions at HF) this noise may interfere directly with a wanted signal. The frequency with which a radio operator experiences solar flare effects will vary with the approximately 11-year sunspot cycle; more effects occur during solar maximum (when flare occurrence is high) than during solar minimum (when flare occurrence is very low). A radio operator can experience great difficulty in transmitting or receiving signals during solar flares due to more noise and different propagation patterns. However, sunspots can greatly increase the distances achieved on certain bands, and so are useful to radio amateurs. This is because the sunspots strengthens the ionosphere, and cause less radio waves to pass through and therefore increases propagation

I can tell you that working for the cable company it causes us issues every year. We got a large amount of trouble calls when ever these happen.

From nasa:

Jan. 10, 2008: Hang on to your cell phone, a new solar cycle has just begun.

"On January 4, 2008, a reversed-polarity sunspot appeared—and this signals the start of Solar Cycle 24," says David Hathaway of the Marshall Space Flight Center.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
mkross1983 is a Blossom Goodchild agent for spreading Oct 4th lies like these PEOPLE BE AWARE ESPECIALLY OF THE WALL STREET!!!! THIS IS A DISTRACTION!!!!!!

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Salvatore_Rubberface]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I have dish network but have not had any problems with reception. But I have windstream phone service and my DSL is through them. My phone has been picking up alot of static and my DSL has been going out for whatever reason. Getting alot of timeout errors.

But my mom, who lives behind me in a trailer had me come up today because her direct tv has been going out, losing signal for the last few days. And when it is working , it is breaking up just like if there was a storm or something. But we have had rain once in the last 2 months.
This is weird so many people is having the same problem.
My opinion is that the service is just crappy. The more you pay, the worse the service....

[edit on 13-10-2008 by LiquidCrystalz]

[edit on 13-10-2008 by LiquidCrystalz]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salvatore_Rubberface
mkross1983 is a Blossom Goodchild agent for spreading Oct 4th lies like these PEOPLE BE AWARE ESPECIALLY OF THE WALL STREET!!!! THIS IS A DISTRACTION!!!!!!

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Salvatore_Rubberface]

I have said many times I never mentioned anything about this event. So kindly shift the blame to somebody else.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hour from Dallas Texas here and have had cable problems for around 3-4 days now. Sometimes the signal is fully lost but most of the time there is a static fizzle line at the very bottom of the screen. I have also had terrible internet problems on my wireless laptop connection, pages are timing out and is super slow for 3-4 days also. Weird stuff.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
YES! This has been happening for about a week--but it's always precluded by a brief power outage. (Yes, I have paid my bill)
I am glad you posted this thread.
I thought it was just something weird going on here. (Im in Fla)

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
El Paso TX, Time Warner cable - Intermittent outages, not a whole lot though, AT&T DSL Pro has been a little up and down, not really noticeable, however the game I play online (Guildwars) has been dropping a lot of players in groups for no reason at random times. I only listen to AM radio, but the reception has had waves of times where I have to turn it off.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Central Kentucky here. I have AT and T DSL. No problems recently. I have Directv and today, the 13th was having stations blacking out for a second, coming back on for a few more and then off again. It didn't happen long though and all is well now.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Everything was fine but now I'm having cable issues in Arizona with Cox. Picture cutting out and DVR pausing by itself.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

ahh the voice of reason, thanks

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
What is happening on the 14th? I live in Baltimore and have Comcast. I've been experiencing interference lately too. The other day there was a commercial in Spanish -

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join