It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cable Outages

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
im in the uk and some of the terestial channel(annologue) keep getting static. may or may not be related.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

I too have been having problems with my cable. A few days ago cnn and headline news went out and then yesterday the cartoon channels are went out and went to signal lost. I wonder why all of the sudden these things are happening before the oct 14th event??? STRANGE

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
We are currently in a G3 geomagnetic storm caused by solar radiation.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

I received the email warning notification this morning.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RockCore

k but what does that mean exactly?
Please explain in laymans terms

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RockCore
We are currently in a G3 geomagnetic storm caused by solar radiation.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

I received the email warning notification this morning.

Thanks for this info. The chart on the website currently says G1. Would that low strength cause this many issues? If it reaches G4 like expected then we should expect quite a lot of interruptions it seems.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Would the geomagnetic solar storms have anything to do with the sky seeming to have two layers of clouds?

The lower clouds are moving VERY quickly and the upper clouds are moving very slow.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
My wireless internet has been acting sporadic off and on for the past week. However, it's only in one room of the house, and usually when I go to visit this site. I have no way to explain it though, my router is in direct view of the room, without any objects in its way that could cause interference. To get it working again all I have to do is pick up and move to another room.

I don't know about the cable though, I hardly ever watch TV.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

MAGNETIC STORM: A solar wind stream hit Earth on Oct. 11th, sparking the strongest geomagnetic storm of 2008. The disturbance registered 7 on the 0-to-9 K-index scale of geomagnetic activity

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
Would the geomagnetic solar storms have anything to do with the sky seeming to have two layers of clouds?

The lower clouds are moving VERY quickly and the upper clouds are moving very slow.

I noticed the same thing late last week...

I do not watch much TV, and when I do it is through TiVo, so I usually attribute issues (pixelation, etc.) to TiVo. I cannot verify issues with commercials, as I flip forward through those.

My router signal has been wonky for the past few days, and it's never given me issue through the years I've lived at my location with the same setup.

The network at work has been more intermittent than normal, with Friday being a complete counterproductive nuisance, especially since it's my job to maintain it. No explanation or reason, though- just reset it by powering off and on.

I am east of Alabama. ;-)

Odd.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
strange signals

I live in the UK and for two days, I got strange static when trying to use my webcam. The voices were not mine, nor my husband,as you will hear.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

The clouds had layers last night too. I thought they looked really cool with the sun going down and orange looking. I don't think that would have an affect though as clouds have different layers all the time (it seems like at least).

Maybe I am missing something in this though.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
roduct: Geophysical Alert Message wwv.txt
:Issued: 2008 Oct 12 1800 UTC
# Prepared by the US Dept. of Commerce, NOAA, Space Weather Prediction Center
#
# Geophysical Alert Message
#
Solar-terrestrial indices for 11 October follow.
Solar flux 71 and mid-latitude A-index 25.
The mid-latitude K-index at 1800 UTC on 12 October was 2 (10 nT).

Space weather for the past 24 hours has been strong.
Geomagnetic storms reaching the G3 level occurred.

No space weather storms are expected for the next 24 hours.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

Yup, for about 2 weeks now my cable is stuttering. It either skips a lot or it just cuts out completely for a few seconds and shows a blue screen. My internet has been okay. A couple days ago I had an issue where the cable was skipping then the internet started doing the same thing. It would lose connection for a few minutes, then it would connect but not let me on, then lose connection again. That happened for about an hour and a half, but it was the only incident where both were a mess.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I'm just outside Chicago and have Comcast, my cable went out for about an hour or so yesterday around 6-7 pm central, I just assumed it was more of Scamcasts spectacular service vs anything alien related.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I live in Portland, Oregon. And our cable and radio go out randomly every few hours for the last couple weeks. Radio will just static or go silent for a few moments. The Tv will get all glitchy and freeze, Sometimes will go black for a few seconds.
we have comcast. It dosen't seem to affect my internet at all though.
I also live next to an airport. I have no idea if that has anything to do with it but I thought i'd throw that out there.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I have COX and living in Oklahoma. I keep having to reset my cable modem because internet seems to stop working. After resarting, all is well. InDemand was having some issues as well.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
reply to post by drsmooth23

This has been going on for the last week.
I havent watched TV today so I have no comment on todays events.
Could you monitor this regularly going forward?

Ive been doing for two years, and barring an untimely termination, i will keep doing so.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well, it's very interesting so many people are experiencing the same issue and it does not seem to be related to one particular service or time of day.

Kinda weird.

Thanks all for your posts. Not sure still what could be causing it but yet it's kinda ID4 like. :p

If I find out any more information, I'll post it on here.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I have not noticed anything with my Direct TV. Live near DC.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It looks like most of the problem is with cable signals. I have directv satellite and att phone/net. All of them are working perfectly fine. If it were atmospheric, it would seem that the satellite signals would get interference. This may be some transitioning issues as they remove the last of the analogs for the all digital changeover. Since I cant see the problem, I can only theorize.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join