It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange, bird like animal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Hi, just came across thiese pics(in link) of a supposed "monster",discovered in russia,which was taken away by russain police officers just after the pics were taken, no ideas what it is, just thought i would put it out there so you can all say what you think about it

"Unknown Beast"

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Looks like the skeletal remains of a toothed whale similar to a pilot whale IMO.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
yepp seen these before on cryptomundo.com its a couple of years old now

its a decomposing whale

www.cryptomundo.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
okies, cheers guys, just not seen it mentioned on here, i have to admit i did think whale as son as i saw it, but best to ask

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by freakanature

Teradactyle.
There was one flying in Moscow in 1974/5ish. Dark shape and a scream overhead in the late night. My brother said that is what it was. That's too bad. Maybe this is an indication that it is now dead. Though I've recently heard a seagull make the same sound.

A little white isn't it? That would be great if there really were Teradactyles free roaming Asia. I find it hard to believe every large paeolithic creatures died out through time. Then again, where are they if they didn't?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
i saw this picture and started sing "baby baluga" song. And yeah that looks like a beluga whale skeleton. I've seen em before and the skull looks like that

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
it is quiet disapointing that this is a whale and not a bird. why because i had a strang inconter with a huge bird...

i was outside by the hockey arena by my house with my friend and out of nowere comes this huge crow/raven. it was about 4 1/2 feet tall, it was black. it had big featers that were ruffeld at its neck.its beck was like a crows. it was crouched on the roof of the arena like a vulture. the only problem is i live in north alberta and tthe bigest bird we have is white pelicans!!
if anyone can tell me what this is i would be soo soo soo happy!!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
OK, did you guys NOT READ the part where it said it had hair or fur ?
If any of you have any pics of a baluga whale sporting an afro or a mink coat, by all means please send them to me.
Also fish eating whales of all sizes have molars, can you see any molars, cause I sure didnt.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Great find - no whale here my friends, what we have is a Microraptor. Like the Archeopteryx, it is a transitional animal between dinosaur and bird. Both of these animals had true feathers.

Look at the similarities with the head and beak!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
-_- yes its a prehistoric bird .....

with the exceptions it has no or very small arm bones, no pelvis, no legs, no feathers

and remeber feathers break down much slower then flesh, so as long as theres some remanents of flesh there should be feathers embeded in it or in the imediate surrounding area

not to mention archaeopteryx and company were small, its self was about the size of a magpie this is over 15 feet long or there are a bunch or leprechauns in the background

and if you really want to compare skulls click the cryptomundo link for a beluga whale skull comparison which is identicle to the beach find's skull

or at least do it properly and compare an actual or exact model of a archaeopteryx skull not an artist impression

like this archaeopteryx skull here they are totally different

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
To me it looks like a very old decomposed body of a crocodile or an alligator. Especially looking at the full body pictures.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by R-evolve]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaharda
it is quiet disapointing that this is a whale and not a bird. why because i had a strang inconter with a huge bird...

i was outside by the hockey arena by my house with my friend and out of nowere comes this huge crow/raven. it was about 4 1/2 feet tall, it was black. it had big featers that were ruffeld at its neck.its beck was like a crows. it was crouched on the roof of the arena like a vulture. the only problem is i live in north alberta and tthe bigest bird we have is white pelicans!!
if anyone can tell me what this is i would be soo soo soo happy!!

What you saw was a Raven. Their wing spans can get as big as 4ft.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The problem is Ravens don't have teeth! Look again - there are teeth!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Ok, let's start from the top.

Exhibit A: Beluga Whales do not have fur/feathers this thick:

Exhibit B: Beluga Whales do not have flat lizard like tails:

Exhibit C: I did NOT say it was Archeopteryx, I said it was similar to Archeopteryx in that it was a transitional animal between dinosaur and birds. So perhaps this is a brand new species???

Too often these strange finds get shrugged off as just the mundane looking funny. Then they disappear into thin air. This has happened countless times through history and I just wish some scientist would take the time to examine the evidence properly.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
It does look crocidilish.

If it had wings though...they could have decomposed off in the torrents of the sea-before it washed up on the shore.

I can't wait to see what they find out about it.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
How do you get bird out of this ? what am I missing? I'm seeing a rotten whale,is this one of those pictures that look different if you turn them upside down or something?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
That looks like a decomposing Narwhal to me.

wiki

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun
yepp seen these before on cryptomundo.com its a couple of years old now

its a decomposing whale

www.cryptomundo.com...

yes, thats exactly what it is!!!

but is sure does look scary!!! if i came across something like that outside .. it would take me an hour to be rational hahahah

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

edited for lack of reading comprehension.

Could it possibly be a prehistoric bird who had been encased in ice for thousands of years, only to have thawed recently and set adrift?

[edit on 12-10-2008 by tmbandt]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tmbandt

Yes, I suppose it's possible. And that the decaying corpse looks remarkably like a whale. In the realm of possibilities, anything is possible.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join