It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone over 18. BUY A GUN!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasilis Azoth

If you can't trust yourself to own a firearm, why would you trust yourself to vote responsibly? Don't worry about if you go crazy, someone will put you down.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I dont want to own a gun,dont want to hold one or even fire one.Like someone else said if shtf situation happens wits and intelligence will help you far more than a gun ever could.

[edit on 28-12-2008 by Solomons]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Is there a website where I can find out about upcoming gun shows in my area? And can anyone buy guns from a private seller at a gun show?

[edit on 28-12-2008 by Truthseeker31]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I have relied on intelligence to get me through a number of situations and I can tell you right now that intelligence will only get you so far. I love to utilize intelligence, but there are a lot of instances where intelligence alone wont protect you.

I agree with the topic of the thread. I am buying a gun. Not because it makes me feel tough or cool or any of that, but because sometimes you need a little force behind your intelligence.

There's nothing wrong with guns.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack

Live by the gun, die by the gun, and even guns cant stop a wise martial artist.

Want to test that theory?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Contagion2012

can you imagine your basement full of firearms against nuclear weapons? wow. that makes a whole lot of sense.

point: that's the reason why the second amendment clearly says the right to keep and bear arms belongs to the state militia. and what is now a defunct and laughable organization? the state militia.

you're being lied to, and what's worse is that you'll believe it if you're scared enough. which - if you think your guns will protect you - you are.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I will be going to the Crossroads of the West Gunshow at the end of the month and my question is; can anyone buy a firearm from a private seller without a permit and without getting a background check?

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Truthseeker31]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
What if your state doesn't allow you to buy a gun? An everybody over 18 go make a gun would have been a more interesting thread for me. I did get a bumpin new screwgun over the weekend.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
RE; Indiana Jones.....I am going to get me a Bull Whip!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
OK...you buy a gun and learn how to shoot it accurately and safely. But aside from protecting yourself at home from a home invasion or assault what are you going to do if there is Martial Law and a) you get a knock on the door and are told to leave immediately for the "quarantine area" (enough doubt that they might actually be telling the truth w the outbreak of the new virus) and you cant take anything with you and they are searching people before they get on the bus or b) there is a road block at major intersections and all cars are searched for "contraband and weapons"?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
They were well armed at Waco also. In fact, that is why they got raided by the ATF. They apparently had M-60 machine guns without proper registration (Title II, NFA). The larger your arsenal the larger will be there response but you sound like you are well enough equipped to hold off the first wave if you are targeted by an assault team of ~11 men armed with 5 fully auto M-4s (.223), 3 shotguns (12 ga) and 2 MP-5s (9mm or .40) as well as sidearms from 9mm to .45 and a back up marksman with a tactical rifle (.308 w scope). And if you live in some jurisdictions they can call in a back up swat team complete with armed personnel carrier w a .50 bmg mounted on top! Good Luck. By all means protect your home and property especially from maurading bands of thieves but dont expect to beat either the armed forces of the army or the coming federal police.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
How will a firearm save you from the bird flu? The birds maybe but not the virus....

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
what ever the situation i say its better to have a gun and not need it--- than need it and not have it!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
There is a difference between an order to shoot innocent American civilians and administering martial law and either a) rounding up the "dissidents" to transport them to a detention center or b) round up certain civilian areas for mass transport to a quarantine facility or c) police certain areas under civilian protest and break up the riot and deal with dissenters with the force deemed necessary to quell the disturbance. I wonder what the National Guard troops' orders were at Kent State (1970)?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
I dont want to own a gun,dont want to hold one or even fire one.Like someone else said if shtf situation happens wits and intelligence will help you far more than a gun ever could.

[edit on 28-12-2008 by Solomons]

The response to this should be quite obvious as to not really even warrant a response.

However in the end I do hope that the intelligence and wit of honest and good men and women are able to overcome the sinister forces at work behind the curtains of the world stage.

That being said, I am still prepared should that fail. As well as millions upon millions of other gun owners in the US as affording to us by the second amendment by people who understood tyranny.

The largest armed force in the world is not any military but the American population, which will be the last and only thing to deter and stand between you and a police state.

If you choose to use your intelligence and wit as your only weapons I hope you use it to help the ones defending your civil liberties should it come down to it.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
just make sure that it is kept secure (unloaded and hidden) if you have children in the house.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Bill Cooper said it succinctly in his 'Behold A Pale Horse' lecture that a buddy of mine gave to me on DVD recently. The only thing preventing a dictatorship in the U.S. is the fact that the gov't knows that its citizens have that gun waiting in their closets. Amen!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Martial artists agree that their mind is there greatest weapon. That being said they also are skilled in various tools (weaponry). A firearm is more modern fighting "tool"...if skilled in its use you will benefit; if not, you can bring harm to yourself and family (and your 4 yr old might shoot his babysitter!). But it is your right whether or not you chose to use one. Just remember if a gang of hyped up thugs is kicking down your door in the middle of the night (a gang of mauraders out to steal what they can from you) they will not "listen to reason". Your choice how to handle that situation but your family could suffer the consequences of your decision as well....chose "intelligently" - chose well.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join