It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone over 18. BUY A GUN!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
I know the gun kata! My marksmanship and judgment is in tune with my chi. With my gun I can shoot the wings off a fly....As well as the rest of the fly...Its a shot gun...

for some reason this reminded me of Roland from Stephen Kings 'The Dark Tower Series'

I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I aim with my eye.
I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I shoot with my mind.
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart.

The Gunslingers prayer...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Contagion2012

Heck yeah, I love my AR-15. I went with a Stag Arms and it seems to be rock solid so far. Don't forget to buy a spare bolt, just in case!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
you dont Need a gun

you dont anything except your mind
its by far the most powerful weapon

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohyeahdavid
reply to post by psychedeliack

What is martial arts going to do if they have you insight with a M16?

what's a gun going to do if they have you in sight with a M16? silly. whats a gun going to do if they napalm your neighborhood? whats a gun going to do if you run out of bullets? eh? then what?

just be prepared, that means, prepared to run out of bullets...

you shouldn't be around any places where that is possible if youre really trying to survive. hence the term, WISE. If youre really worried, youll get back to helping your neighbors work on the underground tunnels and bunkers with hydroponic gardens and wells.
seriously.

If I come to a point, where Im facing others with guns, it wont be much of a feat to acquire one or more of theirs. I will see them coming long before they even realize there is anyone to be looking for. Buying a gun, to me, just asks the universe to bring those kinds of situations to me. Buy a bow instead. That will ensure that you are in shape enough to even use one, as well as have the skill to stalk prey better, since you have to get much closer, and in my experience, using the bow and all it entails, makes it much easier to learn how to sneak up on humans and cover your tracks.

I know I know, its so much easier to just buy a gun, than to learn some skills that will help you outwit those with the guns. No offense, guns are great tools, but seriously, in the situation youre talking about, Im not planning on waiting around for someone to come to my door for a gun battle, ive been long gone before anything like that happened. If youre waiting for them to come around, its going to be too late, whats a gun going to do when a tank is rolling down the street and they have 10x the guns you do?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Having a gun is probably a good idea. Hell, I have dozens, but if you are going to play with fire, you have to realize that you can get burned. NEVER EVER pull out a gun unless you are 100000% ready to use it! A bunch of paranoid people running around with guns is just going to do more harm than good. Lots of people will be hurt or killed if they start strapping up on their way to work everyday just because some rich fat moron just lost all his money in the stock market. When you start hearing gunshots in your neighborhood then maybe it would be wise to protect yourself. Lets face it people.

Think about how many idiots you encounter on a daily basis? I mean the people that you just look at and wonder how they have survived as long as they have with absolutely no IQ whatsoever?

Now, imagine them with guns.

I really believe that times are going to get very difficult for a lot of us, but it is no where near time to panic.

Our own government does a fine job on its own, scaring the crap out of us, lets not follow their lead.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lushyslushy
what is buying a gun really going to do?
i'd rather use my brain.

but if it comes down to needing a gun to survive.. i'd rather just do my very best without one..

Brain vs. Gun....Gun always wins ma'am, and the results ain't pretty.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
and when I said learn some martial arts, I did not just mean the fighting aspect. There is much much more that it can teach you about your self, other people, the earth, and the universe. To be a master of your surroundings. Im not saying go jackie chan on a soldier, but know exactly how to not get into that situation, and know exactly how to be at least 12 steps ahead of that kind of situation occurring.

Its all a game of chess, either you have been plotting and making your moves, or are you just playing move by move relying on brute force.

relying on brute force, is definitely going to get you checkmated sooner than later...

How is expressing my right to bear arms by not bearing them, spitting on the constitution? If I have the right to bear arms, why can I not own the "rods from God" or the Stellar Valkyrie? Like someone said before, guns, even a grenade launcher, to what we oppose, is like peashooters and sling shots. Seriously, think about it, plot it out like a game of chess, or you have no chance against the chessmaster...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AgnosticX

yeah its a 40 cal

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
For the incredibly narrow-minded and short-sighted "oh no, it has a trigger!" bunch out there from a purely investment standpoint in the face of an Obama/Biden AWB you can expect the value of virtually anything "pre-ban" especially AR lowers to skyrocket. By a rifle now for $800 and put it somewhere where it wont hurt you (because we all know those guns are just itching to shoot us) and sell it in a couple of years for $2000.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hamlin

I'm just saying to learn how to use a gun and get one if you can. There may be times when thinking isn't the solution and you'll need force or die.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

You will need guns for martial law. I suggest you get one. Everyone you should get an unregistered gun (legal in most states) so the NWO wont know if you have a gun.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by The Revealer]

If martial law is instated, the minute you decide to use your gun against NWO (US) troops, a world wind of hell will be unleashed on you or your neighborhood.

Registration or no registration (they are aware not all guns are registered, I assure you) they will search every house, room, drawer, sofa cushion, closet for those guns. And if they don't find yours, they'll search everyone's purchase history, library records, magazine subscriptions for "likely enemy combatants". Once they interviewed your scared 8 year old child and they confessed after pissing their pants where you hide your gun, they'll take your gun, and send you off to an imprisonment camp or maybe just execute you on the spot to make an example of you. You see, they didn't think that Taser would give you a heart attack.

Now your wife is alone, child is fatherless, neighbors homes are turned upside down, all because you thought your gun would stop the NWO.

Good luck with that. As for me? Keep your enemies closer.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
like the constitution says.

When our government try to take over and abolish our rules. It is up to the people to overthrow and reconstruct a new government.

I don't think i worded it perfectly but its something like that.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

To the other posters. I do not own a gun shop. I am just any ordinary citizen and you all of you saying Americans are morons, I'm Vietnamese and I just happen to live in the USA. Now to you Akezzon, if everyone threw away their guns we will already be in camps and slaves for the rest of our lives and to the person that said we have no chance against the military? We do have a chance, we outnumber them by 100+ million. If everyone had a Gun and we rushed the government we would already be able to reconstruct a new government.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway

oh man this is sick..........I'd never buy a gun....where in heaven is this world going to???

Question is - would you stand behind someone who has a gun protecting you?

...taps...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

I am not saying to rush them with guns, Of course we will lose by ourselves but if we unite first and guns will help us hunting when we have no more food. and here's something. The military will be losing numbers as the people in the military have families that are going to be slaves and put into camps and they'll want to help to the good of the people witch would be us. The government wants us to think guns only harm so we would never obtain one and learn to use it wisely. Oh, and when you said that a gun couldn't face a M16, that's alone. When you have 1,000 people with handguns vs. a M16, I want to see what would happen.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This is pretty rediculous. How on Earth are you guys serious about running around trying to battle without a firearm??? GUNS BUILT AMERICA!!! IF IT WASNT FOR GUNS WE WOULD NOT BE HERE.

If it comes to standing up together to defend our rights as AMERICAN CITIZENS your martial arts aren't going to do dick against their M16's. And yes i am a martial artist. It's good to know how to defend yourself against an Un armed attacker. But when TSHTF it WILL INVOLVE LOTS OF GUNS.

If you're not prepared to defend yourself you may as well kiss your happy butt goodbye. maybe i'm a little touchy about this subject but as far as i'm concerned, Americans will see another civil war in their lifetime. It's time for us take sides. Are we American Patriots or are we part of the NWO???? I know where i stand.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You people on both sides of this aisle are forgetting one really super important item involving guns.

If you just run out and buy one and think you are safe, you never are. You don't know how and when to use it.

Training is the most important factor in owning any type of gun. Just having one without the training makes you more of a target and less likely to survive any given situation involving one.

As for the people who think owning a gun is "uncivilized?" Get real. They have been around for a very long time and won't be leaving anytime soon. Again, knowing how to properly use any tool is important before use.

If you do feel the need to own a gun, then you need to do the responsible thing and learn how to use it effectively and properly. That also means knowing when as well. Every gun I've ever bought I've taken to the range that same day and got a feel for how it shoots and where the accuracy range is. I can use any of them effectively in any given situation that can reasonably come about.

I've only been a trigger pull away from using one in defense a couple times because of some things going on outside my house, but not once was I irresponsible and went outside looking for trouble.

Bottom line is if you get one, learn to use it, if you don't want one, that's your choice. No one is forcing you to get one, no one is (yet) saying you can't have one.

Most of the arguments I've seen on here about why not to own a gun are actually quite stupid... Yet a lot of the arguments I see for owning one are too full of hubris to be meaningful.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Shaker]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon
reply to post by FewWorldOrder

Yeah, I guess...

But why pure more fuel on the fire?

But you're right, it has been goin on for a long time.
It's just the risk of everyone turning against everyone who make me shiver.

You seem to think any kind of large numbers are just going to go postal! But back in the American Old West, virtually EVERYONE had a gun, and presumed everyone else was armed.

You know what? People were very polite back then, and old westerns aside, the murder rate was lower than in comparable cities today that have gun laws, etc.

The difference is that everyone PRESUMED everyone else is armed.

Today, it is presumed no one is.

But if we all armed ourselves, and presumed everyone else was equally armed, we would learn to be respectful and polite. It might cost us our life if we're not.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
One of the best reasons to by a gun (a powerful handgun), is to provide a quick way to commit suicide. If things get really bad and you have some terminal and painful medical condition (cancer) and no insurance, then a gunshot to the head is still one of the quickest and best ways out....

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well as I said.

I am raised in a whole different culture were we look at guns in a whole other way.

So my point of view of it will most likely not go parallel with most of you.

And no, I don't think everyone goes postal....not right away.
But we live in a totally different society than the "old days" today.
The mentality is quite different and more violent.

But I agree with many other here. Simply getting a gun might not make you safe. You need to learn how to use it and WHEN to use it.

And shooting at the military forces or the government might also not be to smart. They have bigger Boom Boom than most of us can find on the market.

I am just saying my point of view. I am not really educated with the facts in this matter. =)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join