It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to decide what to do in case of martial law...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This is my first post here on ATS, long time reader however. I feel as though the time has come to remove myself (along with a core group of friends) from society in preparation for the coming possible martial law. I was wondering if anyone has any good ideas on places to go with bountiful wild game, preferably in the Southeast. Emotions seem to be running high and my instinct is yelling at me telling me it is time to go. Please feel free to throw in any suggestions as any help is welcomed. Thank you

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I would leave the southeast and head out west. I am a southerner myself. People here are more likely to be accepting of the gov's plans and you will end up being an outcast.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If it were me, and I really felt like getting out of town, I would head for the hills.

Smoky Mountains perhaps? Usually you can find game and water in the mountains, and, it appears that it is hard to find people on them.

Look at all the lost hikers, skiers, plane crashes, etc.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
My suggestion is SC, AL, MS, or perhaps AR or middle LA. GA, TN, and NC have large urban centers now and are moving away from the older ways. Look on a map and find somewhere away from large cities and towns, and preferably far from major highways. The only way to avoid martial law is to remain hidden.

And pray you still have time to move. The clock is ticking. Fast.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I would suggest not posting on the internet...

Never know who's data-mining!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
My dad is a member of some "hunting groups" that have a lot land leased around Middle and Eastern Tennessee. From what I have gathered he has found some 'backwoods' stuff (i.e. moonshine stills, backwoods churches) during his hunting trips. Maybe something to look into.... Why not hide where it may be obvious?? Just be prepared.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Actually here's another idea. I would look seriously into Western North Carolina. Remember the Olympic Park Bomber Eric Rudolph? He survived and hid from the government in this area for 5 years. If he can do it you can do it.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I went to Wal-Mart and bought cheap food. I will not last long out there. I wear contacts. I am not well-versed in foraging for food. plucky will be cold and alone. The only way is the Hemingway-out.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Bays Mountain state park is quite big and has lots of game. The only hard part, is realizing you CAN eat possum,skunk,snails and raw fish. Just takes some adjustment.
Oh! And don't forget your pets, they need to eat too.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
Actually here's another idea. I would look seriously into Western North Carolina. Remember the Olympic Park Bomber Eric Rudolph? He survived and hid from the government in this area for 5 years. If he can do it you can do it.

Not sure if I would want to be that close to a military base or that illusive Black Mountain.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
If it comes to that here, I would head west. What worries me is knowing when to make the move. A person can jump the gun too early and nothing happens or it can be too late. Being in the prairies makes me feel like a sitting duck. Too open and bare. I prefer mountains and thick forests. At least there a person has a fighting chance. Coverage, food, natural water etc. The only thing is winter is coming. Snow has already started in some areas around here. Dang winters can be harsh. I guess a person could come across some old trapper cabins for temporary stays. Would have to watch your tracks in the snow and your smoke when making fires.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I feel lucky that my family has several hundred acres just an hour 1/2 from where I live. Me and my dogs can get lost in the woods and I know them all pretty well. Lots of whitetail, variety of birds and fish, a handful of other critters. If it comes down to martial law, a couple of hours after the announcement, I can be off the radar.

If it comes to that (which I hope it doesnt), I wish you all luck in finding your own happy place.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Trying to decide what to do in case of martial law...

My guess is.... under ML you're going to do exactly what you are told to do.

The world is a very dangerous place... keep a low profile.

Too late for you. You just posted on the Net a rebellious "thought".

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by wheresthetruth
If it comes down to martial law, a couple of hours after the announcement, I can be off the radar.

What makes you think there'll be an announcement?!?

Britain is a small, crowded island. There are only a handful of genuine wilderness areas in England, Scotland and Wales. If martial law broke out here, my only option would be to temporarily hide in small, local areas of woodland and then gradually make my way the few hundred miles to more permanent grounds.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul

Originally posted by wheresthetruth
If it comes down to martial law, a couple of hours after the announcement, I can be off the radar.

What makes you think there'll be an announcement?!?

Again, I am posting my unique situation. I have a handful of friends within certain organizations that I feel confident will not let me just be swept under the rug. I agree that by the time the MSM of any type announces something drastic happening, it will already be too late. Perhaps my confidence is a delusion, but we are all here posting on a conspiracy forum that labels us delusional by the many anyway. So, I will continue to keep trying to build my meager stock of supplies and hope that my phone rings or my door is knocked on at least a little while in advance.

new topics

top topics

join