It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by blupblup
Originally posted by scubagravy
BTW, where is the shadow for the flag in the 1st picture, it almost looks as if the flag was inserted later.
If you notice, the shadow of the flag goes in the opposite direction to all the other shadows...
Flag goes right to left...all others left to right...
Fake photo perhaps?
[edit on 9/10/08 by blupblup]
Originally posted by Phage
Lunar Laser Ranging. It's not just NASA, or even just the US who continues to use the reflectors.
But you don't want to hear any of this, so you won't.
[edit on 9-10-2008 by Phage]
Originally posted by amigo
Allow me to chirp in on this one. You are assuming that the astronauts put the mirrors there. We do know that there had been robotic/remote probes sent in the mean time, before and after by both sides. It could've been any of those dropping the mirror on the surface at the precise location.
My common sense tells me that if something has been done 50 years ago without a glitch, today you could###... should be able to do it better, faster, safer and more precise. And yet...
In retrospect, the only fact I recognize upon using common sense is that there is really no proof whatsoever they ever went to the Moon. Photos are not the proof, they can be doctored (as well as the video). Testimonies are not proof - people can be made to lie. Rocks are not the proof, they could've been brought remotely, or fabricated from fallen meteors.
Originally posted by scobro
reply to post by blupblup
I have got to agree with you about the flag!
Originally posted by Biscuit
two pages and we get quantum already? By the fact the you bolded the word 'theory' so many times I take it you do not know what that word means. Gravity is still a theory.
Originally posted by Biscuit
To those who believe that the apollo mission flew to space in a flimsy spaceship (or washing machine) I have a few points for you. That flimsy space ship you CTers like to point to is actually the Lunar Lander. It spent the ride to the moon tucked inside the top portion of a saturn V rocket
There was no proof of where/how gravity is made/what's causing it, why does it appear to work on such long distances, and whether gravity is a cause or an effect even. It has all been tucked under the carpet, because nobody ever looks there?!
If the concept of "down" exists, then there is obviously something there causing one direction to be preferred over all others. We name it "gravity". The equation g = G * m / r^2 describes the gravitational field around an object.
If the equation predicted a certain gravitational field, and we did an experiment to test it, we would be very surprised if we didn't get the result predicted by theory. The theory matches reality so perfectly that we may as well call it a law.
Originally posted by MorningStar8741
It was worth anything to the U.S. government to convince the world we made it to the moon in the face of the Red threat.
Originally posted by kidflash2008
1. Did all the astronauts from the beginning of the program lie about going into space or the moon? (why no deathbed confessions, and wouldn't Colonel Gordon Cooper have mentioned something about it in his book "Leap of Faith"? He mentioned his UFO sightings and other phenomena.)
2. The Apollo program was called off due to monetary problems and lack of public interest.
3. Why did they fake the others when one would of did the trick? Why did Apollo 13 have its problems putting its astronauts lives in jeopardy?
4. JFK stated that we went to the moon not because it was easy but because it was hard. There is much technology we take for granted from what was created just for going to the moon.
5. They do use suits just like the space suits for nuclear and chemical clean ups. Much of the clean up technologies again came from the moon program.
6. There are two thoughts to this conspiracy theory: We did not go to the moon; and we did go to the moon but were greeted by peoples/aliens already there. Bob Hoagland believes in both of those theories to his credit as he used photographs to prove the moon landing was fake and also for structures on the moon.
Just my two cents.
Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Just popped in at the first page and the back.
Great new thread, didn't think the Lunar Mystery had any more life in it.
Might I say gravity is perhaps one of the worlds greatest secrets,
especially if someone has the knowledge of its workings.
I have to go the Tesla conspiracy on this one and say gravity may
have been resolved by said person and locked away.
Originally posted by MoonMine
Plus the fact that WHY O WHY there has not been a manned flight to the moon since 1972.
I wish the Chinese would hurry up... (I do not think they faked their recent spacewalk despite some oddities in the footage)