It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonights Town Hall Debate Discussion

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
I absolutely cannot believe that Senator Obama believes Healthcare Coverage is a RIGHT. Give me a break, that leaves a completely open door towards ABUSE, and FRAUD. So us, the American taxpayers, should support a bum who decides to lay around watching Television all day while they receive "Social Services Cheques", and now Healthcare on par with that offered to Federal Government Employees? What a joke, that is not only offering support towards those who wish to abuse the system, it is also taking away one of the VERY elements which draws workers towards employment in the Government Sector.

You got to be kidding, after all the Wall St bailouts you think that spending a couple billion dollars on healthcare for people in need is bad idea is just perplexing, I take coverage for the needy than bailout and tax cuts for the rich any day of the week.

Sen. McCain just proposed a whooping 300 billion dollar to buy more toxic debt from Wall St companies!!! Why not give a tax break for the middle class like Obama proposes and some healthcare help too. That's the fundamental difference with McCain and Obama, Obama looks more in touch with the NEEDS of the people, the same people that are fed up with the Wall St bailouts.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Did you notice how McCain dropped the microphone into his other hand walking away when he thought he made a point... as some sort of victory punctuation? ... dork

Did you also notice how Obama did his same old pauses between thoughts bridged by "uhhh"'s ... dork

No new material here really. Just the same stuff in a different forum.

These are two politicians who refuse to answer any question on change with any specific detail.

Both lost this debate. Neither won.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The fact that analysts from Fox News were down on Sen. McCain right after the debate ended should give you an idea about what McCain has left on his campaign. From now on is going to be smearafter smear, feart tactics upon fear tactics, and indirectly remind voters that Obama has a funny name.

They criticize McCain harshly because he proposed cuts in governemnt spending and right after that he talk about giving Wall St companies 300 billion dollars more by buying toxic debt at the same time giving more tax cuts for the rich and companies like the debt and deficit don't matter, and that was Fox News!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The debate was luke warm, canned, and a joke. You want a real ad hoc you bring in a thousand people and let them ask their own questions.
This was political petting at its worst. I took the sucker wrapper off my head a long time ago.

Fears and smears, you said it Bunch

[edit on 10/7/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The "that one" comment that McCain made will be everywhere tomorrow.

Why did John McCain practically teleport offstage while Obama was greeting the crowd? He needs to keep his temper in check if he wants to have a fighting chance in this election.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by teeveesfrank
The "that one" comment that McCain made will be everywhere tomorrow.

Why did John McCain practically teleport offstage while Obama was greeting the crowd? He needs to keep his temper in check if he wants to have a fighting chance in this election.

Exactly,

That's one thing I have noticed about McCain.

He can stand his opponents. It's like he think he has a birthright to the Presidency.

You can tell he doesn't like Obama and he didn't like Romney.

He left the stage pretty fast also.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by teeveesfrank

Yeah! What's up with that comment?

CNN analyst are going crazy over the comment and the way they are dissecting is to the point that it was demeaning, condescending and even one when so far as to call it borderline race in nature.

Hmmmmmmm... I guess on to the race game we go now.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I absolutely cannot believe that Senator Obama believes Healthcare Coverage is a RIGHT. Give me a break, that leaves a completely open door towards ABUSE, and FRAUD. So us, the American taxpayers, should support a bum who decides to lay around watching Television all day while they receive "Social Services Cheques", and now Healthcare on par with that offered to Federal Government Employees? What a joke, that is not only offering support towards those who wish to abuse the system, it is also taking away one of the VERY elements which draws workers towards employment in the Government Sector.

On another note, the Coverage Bill for Children which McCain voted against, was in fact a horrible bill. I remember discussing that proposal with many acquaintances that have a tremendous amount of experience with Pediatric Care, and many of whom have their own Children who do in fact suffer from Pre-Existing Conditions. They all agreed that is was not a good Bill.

You realise that the people who are going to abuse the system are ALREADY abusing the system right? those that are gonna be bums on welfare are already bums on welfare. This is simply a way for the rest of us to get some help that we need.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wise Dome

I agree. This is a weakness for McCain and doesn’t make him look presidential; while Obama is smiling authentically, and being coolly diplomatic. Now how big of a weakness is it? I don’t know. The big weakness tonight for McCain was once again throwing anything to a wall that would stick. Now he wants to propose another bail out plan that will cost us hundreds of billions of dollars? The Republican Party is already divided on this issue, the worst thing he can do right now is alienate his base. So what if they don't vote for Obama? He needs them to show up and vote for him.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I have not read other posts here yet so as to not cloud my opinion before my original post. I have to say that I really didn't hear anything new here. Same ol' same ol'. McCain came off a little snarky, especially with the 'that one' comment. Obama definitely came off warmer. I think that it wasn't a big win, but I'd have to give this one to Obama. Another thing I noticed was that Obama stayed with the crowd for quite some time while McCain beat feet as soon as he thought the cameras were off. Overall, he came off as a cold and bitter old man. With the polls as they are, I don't think he stands a chance unless he can turn it around based on the issues. The bitchy personal attacks just aren't going to cut it, with the economy in the crapper. People are scared that they are going to lose their jobs, their houses and their healthcare. They don't give a crap about this petty bull sh#t!!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Worst question of the night:

Is Russia evil? Yes or No.

How the hell do you answer that without being polarizing.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by davion]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by davion

How the hell do you answer that without polarizing.

And what do they mean by Russia anyway? The entire country? The government? The actions of the Russian military lately? I agree I wish the moderator from the first debate was there, that was an idiot, vague question. There are plenty of reasonable questions I’d like to hear answered about Russia.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by davion

I think that question was asked because of all the hark-backs to the Reagan era made by McCain.

I have a recording of the speech where Reagan called the Soviet Union the evil empire (hey, I like history) and part of the reason he called it an evil empire was because they were communist and so didn't believe in God.

I'm guessing now that Russia does believe in God that they're a little less "evil".

But now they're doing "evil things" so yes, perhaps they are evil again.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by davion

How the hell do you answer that without being polarizing.

Easily. No single country is either good or evil. There are those in power in certain countres, or even cetain actions that are evil or good. but a whole country? there are too many factors and people in a country to make it good or evil. That is your answer as to how to not be polarizing. so the yes or no answer? no, russia is not evil.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This debate really sucked, wish I could get back my our and a half.
I should have just waited to watch the highlights.
Who made up these rules?
Probably the same puppet masters trying to keep things under control, but obviously things are not under control.

The American public should set the rules for the next debate.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Props to Tom Brokenjaw for repeatedly scolding the two dorks for going over their time limits. Big props to Tom for shutting down Obama when he wanted to respond, out of boundaries, to one of McCain's discussions. Obama did not like the format tonight... His hand gestures looked rehearsed, and his fake smile in the background while McCain was talking was rediculous... almost as rediculous as McCains fake smiles during the speech when he did the "is that change we can belive in?" thing.

OMG. Which fool to vote for?

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The "Looking Presidential" argument doesn't hold any leverage with me. I could care less how they come off on television. I could care less who speaks better or has better posture. The reason for that it is...it doesn't freakin matter. What matters is the decisions they plan on making or are making. What matters is where they want to take this country not who looks good on tv.

With that being said...i think both of them showed that the other was getting under their skin abit. I could sense it as i watched their facial expressions and body language. Both candidates stink IMO but i lean towards McCain because he stinks just alittle bit less. They are both OUT OF TOUCH with the public. Both of the spending these guys are proposing are ridiculous. WE CAN"T SPEND ANYMORE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If one of them would have opposed the bailout, spoke loudly against it, and voted NOT to do it, they would have most likely gotten my vote.

Health care?? I know many people are needing it but how in the world are we supposed to finance this? Are they nuts? We can't afford this!!! All these proposals and we don't have a dime to do it. STOP THE FREAKIN MADNESS. It's like they stole a credit card with an unlimited credit line and went on a spending spree that they don't know how to pay for. And guess who's name is on that credit card.....MINE, YOURS, OUR CHILDREN, and OUR GRANDCHILDREN!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

OK, I just had to comment on 'this one'! This "bum who decides to lay around watching Television all day while they receive "Social Services Cheques" that you refer to is already on the best healthcare plan in the US, it's called Medicaid! Perhaps you've heard of it? It's only been around since welfare. Now the people who don't have healthcare: Most Food Service workers (next time you go out and eat, ask you're server if they have healthcare. I'll be surprised if they don't laugh out loud!), Convenience store workers, landscapers, hell, probably 80% of the people who work for small businesses. We love to tout ourselves as the best nation on the planet, with the best healthcare professionals and we can't seem to provide all our citizens with basic healthcare! You're damn skippy it should be a right! Either that, or finally accept that we are second to nations that can, including our neighbor to the north, Canada!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
This debate really sucked, wish I could get back my our and a half.
I should have just waited to watch the highlights.
Who made up these rules?
Probably the same puppet masters trying to keep things under control, but obviously things are not under control.

The American public should set the rules for the next debate.

Ok, you want some rules? How about a cage fight? the cage should hang over a piut with vipers and cannibals.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
And what do they mean by Russia anyway? The entire country? The government? The actions of the Russian military lately? I agree I wish the moderator from the first debate was there, that was an idiot, vague question. There are plenty of reasonable questions I’d like to hear answered about Russia.

You know who I think they should get to moderate the next debate? Judge Judy! Try to stray off topic with her, gentlemen! I dare you!!!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join