It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonights Town Hall Debate Discussion

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Health care?? I know many people are needing it but how in the world are we supposed to finance this? Are they nuts? We can't afford this!!! All these proposals and we don't have a dime to do it. STOP THE FREAKIN MADNESS. It's like they stole a credit card with an unlimited credit line and went on a spending spree that they don't know how to pay for. And guess who's name is on that credit card.....MINE, YOURS, OUR CHILDREN, and OUR GRANDCHILDREN!!!

He didn't say the taxpayers would pay for it. You would still have to pay for it, but it would be cheap because of the number of people covered. The same applies to large company premiums vs. small company premiums. The more people that pay in, the cheaper it is.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

You know who I think they should get to moderate the next debate? Judge Judy! Try to stray off topic with her, gentlemen! I dare you!!!

She’d probably do better than Tom did tonight. I was starting to drift off every time he spoke.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

My idea for the next debate:

It should be in a gladiotor style arena above a pit filled with crazy pro and anti abortion supporters and violent, irrational protesters. And i also elect Gary Coleman and Corey Feldman to both do the moderating. McHammer can sing his hit song "Pray" at the during the debate while the angry American public bash a pinata of Bush and Pelosi full of tootsie rolls and dum dums with a hickory stick.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by David9176]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
My friends, I know how to and I will! Do what, you ask? Well my friends, if I told you what I was doing or how I was doing it I would telegraph my punches my friends, and I know how not to do that so I will fix this country when I'm president, my friends!

In all seriousness, I agree with most you in that the "my friends" quote was used way, way, way too much! I'm also sick of hearing "I know how to and I will."

In tonight's "debate," in my opinion, McCain looked like an angry old man who took a few super weak shots at Obama. I think this election will decide where we stand as a nation. Either we take a step forward, or we take a step back...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Another good debate moderator and I'm really been honest would be Bill O'reilly, can you imagine that?

Welcome to the NO SPIN debate!

And as soon as one candidate goes off-topic....he will be: ANSWER THE QUESTION YOU COWARD!!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaNutter

You can't take a step back or forward when your feet are glued to the floor. Neither of these men represent change, it's just more of the same which is Obama's argument of McCain...but he's no different.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

LOL!!! That would be insane. ANd that clip was awesome. O'Reilly can get on my nerves...but i was with him 100 percent on this one. I wish he'd do it more.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
To answer your question, Barack held his own, and it was impressive. Barring a new scandal or a poor third debate performance, he will win the election.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916

Originally posted by Alxandro
This debate really sucked, wish I could get back my our and a half.
I should have just waited to watch the highlights.
Who made up these rules?
Probably the same puppet masters trying to keep things under control, but obviously things are not under control.

The American public should set the rules for the next debate.

Ok, you want some rules? How about a cage fight? the cage should hang over a piut with vipers and cannibals.

Sounds like a Monty Python movie.
At least that would be entertaining.

Is the election over yet?
I don't know about you but I'm worn out.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
YUP! and the "that one" comment already made it to you tube and the blogs are running crazy with it.

I guess McCain got a lot of explaning to do when he wakes up tomorrow.

Edit to add: It just goes to show you the difference between harcore right wing GOP supporters that call this comment the best punch for McCain while leftwingers are calling it racist.

I guess the liberal media is going to have a field day with this one tomorrow.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Well I thought Obama was "The One".

Which is it?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Yeah I guess that was what McCain meant to say all allong....

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

It's going to be the quote that haunts him til the day he dies! Just ask Bush senior about "Read my lips!" ROTFLMAO!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

What is so perplexing this time is that the McCain/Palin ticket right now can't seem to do anything right. With a liberal media pushing Obama's candidacy they should know better, any mistake or perception of a mistake or gaffe is going to be amplified and play over and over and over.

If this comment plays big in the media tomorrow to the point that either McCain/Palin have to stoptheir attacks on Obama or tone it down or even issue a clarification of the statement or even an apology they are doomed.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
My choice for the next debate moderators.... The cattle prod wielding robot overlords from THX-1138.

"My FriendZZZZZaaaapppp!!"
"I know how to catch Bin LadenZZZZaaaPPPp!!!"
"You know, Senator McCain is right when he sayZZZZaaappppP!!!"
"I support Nuclear Energy & IsraeZZZZZZaapppP!!!!"
"Pork BarrellzzzzAaAppp!"
"Ear MarrrrrkkkkssZZZzaaahhhhZap!"
"I have a plannnnZZaaappP!!"

If that's too extreme then how about a 100 meter sprint to a 'Victory Line' each time a randomly timed hooter goes off? To make it fair, they can tag their VP at the half way point.

Anything to get them off these key words, sound bites and prepared speeches.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

YUP! and the "that one" comment already made it to you tube and the blogs are running crazy with it.

Oh no, I thought the comment was thoughtless, however you know a lot of people are going to go too crazy with this. Want to bet many bloggers will be inserting the "N" word where "one" is in that sentence? "And that *snip*

[edit on 8-10-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/8/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Ah, the perfect moderator!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Ah, the perfect moderator!

"Obama"

"What?"

"I am your father"

"You're blacker than my real father"

"..."

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I'm not a yankee but I've followed the American debates closely and I must say I'm disappointed over all with tonight. I'm sure I've heard every one of those answers in previous speeches or first debate, there wasn't anything new or impressive from either...

Both candidates need to work on their ideas of truth and how best to utilize it in speaking, seriously.
How is the average American that isn't much interested in politics supposed to decode their talking points and wade through the towering mountains of utter nonsense?

My own left leaning politics let me identify with the policies of Obama in greater detail than McCain. So when McCain is telling half truths or out right lies to the camera, I know it immediately. Conversely, although I still know McCain's policies, not to the degree of being able to point out the finer details which were being targeted by both candidates. As a result, by the end I was sure McCain had blown it with the ridiculous volume of disinformation I knew he was peddling...

Confidently I surfed to AP to take a look at their fact ticker to see the real story.

Wow, I was wrong... they're equally dishonest, misleading and willing to distort the facts! Whenever it serves their purpose, figure they won't get called on it or have a contrived response equally as vague as the original statement. Thereby confusing whoever is asking long enough for them to change the subject to renewable energy

Jokes aside what was the purpose of that? To get the American people accustomed to a new leader misleading them so the transition is more seamless?

AP Fact Check
MSNBC Fact Check

MSNBC borrowed 3 or 4 from AP, but they have others.

[edit on 10/8/2008 by ZombieOctopus]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Oh! I agree!

The problem is that Sen. McCain seriously looks like he doesn't like Sen. Obama AT ALL!

During the first debate he barely acnkowledge him and was criticized for it, then if you look at the way the VP candidate ended with both families on stage in a very candid way. Now in this debate you get the "that one" comment and the fact that McCain barely acknowledge Obama at the end of the debate and the wife's didn't even exchange some words it leaves a lot to the imagination.

And the media been the way it is... they just going to fill in the blanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join