It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

A few meters planetoid will hit Earth

page: 7
15
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth
 


I think for the most part we agree with you no doomsday event will occur...That being said I think I speak for most of us when I say we want to see updates and news about it. Sudan was supposed to get a nice little light show.
Its the geeks in us that are curious.




posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth
 


Oh dude come on! Imagine this forum without the excitement, paranoia and overstating!!!
I would be bored to tears!

Serious threads attract serious people, speculative are usually filled with arguments, drama & excitement. Just gotta go with the flow!


There's a side of me that is a little let down that it was a non event. I would have loved for a fragment to hit the place where a lot of our oil spending is going. You know, the place with the phallic symbols & artificial islands being built.



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Nothing exciting ever happens here. The only kind of excitement we get around here is through outrageous theories and so-called 'psychic' predictions that are fun for a while until the day comes and passes without incident.



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Im still hopped up on excitement! I feel kind of bad though, I went to the store and picked up a few items, saw a little old man and told him about the impact in africa... told him we would not be affected but good to be a bit prepared anyway. He just looked at me and said "Well see"...

I have become a conspiracy nut!



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
reply to post by gimme_some_truth
 


Oh dude come on! Imagine this forum without the excitement, paranoia and overstating!!!
I would be bored to tears!

Serious threads attract serious people, speculative are usually filled with arguments, drama & excitement. Just gotta go with the flow!


There's a side of me that is a little let down that it was a non event. I would have loved for a fragment to hit the place where a lot of our oil spending is going. You know, the place with the phallic symbols & artificial islands being built.



Hmmm and here I was embracing the motto of ATS "deny ignorance" I dont know what came over me.


I can certainly under stand that threads with speculation are more exciting as it usually starts debates and just makes it more interesting. I agree.

I guess though personally, Im just growing a little tired of the speculation. I am wanting some straight talk. some straight answers. some truth. I would have thought that my fellow ATSers would understand that.

As far as wanting a piece to break loose and take out some place where big oil is involved. I have to admit that sounds pretty nice.


But yeah, Im just getting tired of speculation and debate. Im just ready for some straight talk and straight answers. perhaps that makes me a stick in the mud, but if thats the case then so be it. I want the truth!





[edit on 6-10-2008 by gimme_some_truth]



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
www.spaceweather.com... are updating info. They say it should have hit.



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashodi
reply to post by gimme_some_truth
 


I think for the most part we agree with you no doomsday event will occur...That being said I think I speak for most of us when I say we want to see updates and news about it. Sudan was supposed to get a nice little light show.
Its the geeks in us that are curious.


Did I give you the impression tht I dont want to see updates? sorry no I want to see them as well. That last post that replied to the op was strictly aimed at the OP.

anyhow, yea I hear sudan is supposed to get a nice little fireworks show. I wish I could be there to see it actually.



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I am still waiting for 1 kiloton worth of asteroid news!
ARGG..

Off I go to check the link.

OK I am back... It should of created a fire ball as big and bright as the full moon!!!!!!!

WHERE!!!! WHEN!!!!...AHHHHH what gives.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by titorite]



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican
 


Been watching this site for over and hour and a half, no updates yet



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
www.spaceweather.com... are updating info. They say it should have hit.


Yeah it apparently hit the atmosphere. I hope someone gets some nice pics and video of it.

I would love to see it.



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth
 


I TOTALLY agree with that. I think we are all a little atrophied from there being no fuel for our fires. The economy seems to be all that is happening. Maybe we want a little verifiable carnage or some spectacular paranormal event for a change. To be honest, I don't think we have to wait much longer.

But hey... We got Goodchild's channeling & the web bot project to tear apart now! Hehehe! though I think the web bot project is definitely on to something.



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This is WAY too freaky! I had a dream about retrieving a meteor that had just struck the earth last night. It was black spiky pieces in someone's house. The air was really bad and even my dog was having a hard time breathing.

This is one time I'm hoping its just a coincidence.



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
reply to post by gimme_some_truth
 


I TOTALLY agree with that. I think we are all a little atrophied from there being no fuel for our fires. The economy seems to be all that is happening. Maybe we want a little verifiable carnage or some spectacular paranormal event for a change. To be honest, I don't think we have to wait much longer.

But hey... We got Goodchild's channeling & the web bot project to tear apart now! Hehehe! though I think the web bot project is definitely on to something.



oh yes, and by the way, im usually not such a stick in the mud. You should see me in my other threads. im usually right in there in the threads with lots of speculation and. There just far more fun.


Today was different though. I got overwhelmed by the speculation and assumption as I was just looking for truth.

If I came across as obnoxious to anyone in my attempt to make sence of it all I do apologise as that certainly was not my attention.

ugh... Now I need about a week off.



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain
 


Thank the heaven's above that it's not a large arear such as those. The damage on that would be almost undone.

[not as if the damage to Sudan is any lighter]



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth
 


I completely agree things have been getting pretty heavy around here with all this speculation and prophecies....and nothing comming from it.
I feel like I'm starting to lose faith.
BUT tomorrow is another day! Gonna hit the sack, recharge the batteries, and start the wheel all over again lol



posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashodi
 


Very true.

Though it's the moment we go back to life as usual that something reels us back in hehehehe.



posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
1 kiloton... that's the size of a suitcase nuke!
It should have hit 2½ hours ago



posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
...I was kinda secretly hoping that the object would hit earth and contain an alien virus that would give rise to the living dead. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait on that Zombie Apocalypse....I wish life were more interesting...



posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   



posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Well it seems like there were no explosions this time around, only a pretty sweet shooting star observed by pilots of an Air France airliner:


"Half an hour before the predicted impact of asteroid 2008 TC3, I informed an official of Air-France-KLM at Amsterdam airport about the possibility that crews of their airliners in the vicinity of impact would have a chance to see a fireball. And it was a success!" Kuiper told SpaceWeather.com. "I have received confirmation that a KLM airliner, roughly 750 nautical miles southwest of the predicted atmospheric impact position, has observed a short flash just before the expected impact time 0246 UTC," Kuiper was quoted as saying. "Because of the distance it was not a very large phenomenon, but still a confirmation that some bright meteor has been seen in the predicted direction."


MSNBC nonetheless! quoting from SpaceWeather.

I wonder if any passengers managed to get a snapshot, there's always someone with a camera!




top topics



 
15
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

log in

join