It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do green eyes come from?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Oh man, this picture was 5 years ago. Didn't even know mine had a ring around them, too! lol

I wanna see these fiery orange rings people got.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
i can't upload pics yet but here's a link to my eyeballs

i330.photobucket.com...

Those are your eyes, and without contact!? Hot damn

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thank you

Your color sounds pretty too, especially if you have an olive-ish skin tone.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

i330.photobucket.com...

Very pretty.

Looks like the original that green contacts were based off of.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnderTheirRadar

Question though...how is it i was blonde/blue eyes when i was young and now (older) brown haired/green eyes?

One of the things we're noticing with green eyes in this thread is that they show up pretty late in one's life, as far as eye color changes go.

We've guessed that hormones might have something to do with it ?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I have Green/Hazel eyes. I swear mine change with the seasons and not with age. Some times they are more green, and other times more on the orange/brown side.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by asmeone2

I have Green/Hazel eyes. I swear mine change with the seasons and not with age. Some times they are more green, and other times more on the orange/brown side.

Maybe that has something with the sunlight changing... the body produces different vitimins, thus different eye colors.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

Originally posted by UnderTheirRadar

Question though...how is it i was blonde/blue eyes when i was young and now (older) brown haired/green eyes?

One of the things we're noticing with green eyes in this thread is that they show up pretty late in one's life, as far as eye color changes go.

We've guessed that hormones might have something to do with it ?

I had green eyes all my life. They have never been anything else.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

My suspicion from reading these posts is that green eyes can be passed from parent to child, but they can also be a random and sometimes delayed mutation. Thus the people who's eyes turn green later in life.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I was born with dark red rust colored red hair. I have the most blue/grey eyes I have never seen anyone with an eye color close to mine although I am sure they are out there.

I was adopted at birth so have no genetics to look back on. Also if I wear a green sweater, my eyes will look very green when I look in the mirror. I always wanted green eyes. I am so jealous right now.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Yeah somebody..might've been you, i don't remember, posted an article about that.

I'm talking about how most of the time kid's eyes are the set color by the time they are a year or so old, but most of the green eyed posters say theirs didn't change until they were at least 5 or 6.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

i330.photobucket.com...

Very pretty.

LOL that's a cool compliment!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seejanerun
I was born with dark red rust colored red hair. I have the most blue/grey eyes I have never seen anyone with an eye color close to mine although I am sure they are out there.

I was adopted at birth so have no genetics to look back on. Also if I wear a green sweater, my eyes will look very green when I look in the mirror. I always wanted green eyes. I am so jealous right now.

I always thought it would be cool to have genuinely purply eyes, or bright orange, or two different colored eyes.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

i330.photobucket.com...

Very pretty.

LOL that's a cool compliment!

It is. I hope you took it as such, because I meant it that way.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by seejanerun

I always thought it would be cool to have genuinely purply eyes, or bright orange, or two different colored eyes.

purple eyes would be fantastic!

seejanerun, you know, when i was young i wanted green eyes so badly. (they were very blue early on) yes, I know complaining about something so dumb, but anyways, around 18-19 they started taking on more of a green color.

maybe i thought about it so hard it came true! lol

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What would be interesting would be to know if there are more people with green eyes that could be accounted for simply by population growth. Perhaps there is some environmental factor, some unnatural chemical.... the way that chlorine can turn hair green, or silver can turn skin blue.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
I was born with white-blonde hair and blue eyes. When I hit puberty, my hair slowly turned red and my eyes turned pure green. I think I am part lizard.

I'll do a little research post anything if I find it.

Funny because I was born with blue eyes and very light hair too, which didn't "turn" until I was about 5 and 10, respectively.

That is the other odd thing I notice abotu green eyes--they seem to show up comparitively late in a person's life.

me too! i was also born with white blonde hair and blue eyes. later in life, not much later, my hair turned darker and darker. however my eyes did not change to green, unfortunatly
, BUT! an even more fasinating blue. so far i havent been able to find anyone else with the same type of effects my eyes have (semi thick white abstract lines throughout the iris, ill take a pick if you want! lol, show me yours and ill show you mine).

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

me too! i was also born with white blonde hair and blue eyes. later in life, not much later, my hair turned darker and darker. however my eyes did not change to green, unfortunatly
, BUT! an even more fasinating blue. so far i havent been able to find anyone else with the same type of effects my eyes have (semi thick white abstract lines throughout the iris, ill take a pick if you want! lol, show me yours and ill show you mine).

White lines! Strange... I wonder if that actually indicates a mineral imbalence or something? LIke the white spots you get on your fingernails if you have too much calcium?

BTW--what the heckless is your avatar!?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
wow your all special not

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
hahaha, its a cg image i found from a very tallented artist named greg petchovsky. i fell inlove with the image because it really reminds me of me, in a twisted way. as the creature looks really curiously at the scured creature it holds. I think it portrays alot of emotion. Thanks for noticing!

anyway, ill take a pick and see how well it turns out.

now, im not too sure if you stated this, but my iris colour tends to alter slightly from dark to light at times. this may be the addition of smaller white lines, but im not too sure. interesting topic though, flag, star

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join