It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do green eyes come from?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2
[more

i was born with white blond hairand deep blue eyes. My hair turne to dark blond about 5 years. eyes still deep blue then about 13 it changed to mousy blond/dark blond/brown. I remain to have blue eyes although they change from grey blue/deep blue to darkblue/turquoise/green. I think its justs a natral thing, like you evolving or somrthing.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I have very dark green eyes.....my hair is [naturally - not professionally] auburn/brown...and I have Scottish blood running thru me.

I actually love that the percentage of green eyes is so small
I also think they are bit more exotic

Oh...in my family....my father and one brother has pure blue eyes (black hair)...my mother and my other brother have green eyes (brown hair). Again, both sides of my family (father and mother) Scottish....but they comes from different parts of Scotland...thus the blue vs green.

[edit on 10/5/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Oh, me too, it's a nice little mutation. Too bad it doesn't come with superpowers.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This IS a very fascinating thread..

I have brown/auburn hair now, tending towards blonde and my eyes are, depending on what I wear, either a forest green, or a deep blue grey (sort of like an ocean during a storm).

When I was younger, I had naturally auburn hair with copper highlights.

My family comes from the Hungarian region on my mother's side and from England (Gauls) on my father's. My mother has very light blue eyes and auburn hair, and my father had black hair and blue eyes as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
www.alsx.info... Just for fun, here's my little one's eyes.

Then her face.
www.alsx.info...

Blue eyes are beautiful.

Thanks for the fun thread. Will read more of it, as work slows.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It is my understanding from what I remember from high school biology that freckles, red hair and green eyes are all mutations of the blue/brown,
blonde/brown gene alleles in most of the gene pool.

From what I remember brown is always dominant and the blue gene is recessive and the green eyes are a mutation one or the other.

Not harmful weird mutations but mutations none the less.

the reason I remember this lesson clearly is because i remember coming out of class that day feeling like a bit of a freak with my red hair freckles and green eyes.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gluetrap

So green eyes are a mutation of either color? that is interesting. I didn't know that freckles were a mutation either, I thought they were just pigment deposits.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I was hoping for more than "Eyes change color due to decrepitude or pathology" explanation.

While not Green-eyed ... Nor Blue ... My eyes change color over a period of hours; apparently some aspect of mood has something to do with it! That's a very subjective assertion because I really don't go around looking at my eyes all day. It comes to the foreground for me when people say stuff like... "Hey, I thought you had brown eyes" and "You're eyes are almost golden colored - you freak!" [-- j/k 'bout the freak thing...
]

It's odd and hard to explain, but I never had it pointed out to until I was post-pubescent, so perhaps that might be a factor in the explanation.

I would prefer it if they just stayed 'brownish'.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Not to slight you personally, but I feel like "Eyes that change colors" have become one of those very cliched romance novel or internet dating profile descriptions.

Most people's eyes just appear to change color based on the other colors they wear in their clothes, eye makup, or hair, they can make the eye color "pop" or mute it out.

But I wouldn't be surprised though, more for woman, if monthly hormonal changes can slightly effect eye color.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

You are the only person I've heard of that has green eyes with the blue rim.
I also have green eyes like yours.
I wonder how rare this is if at all.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I was wondering this last night..

A few years back, I read a tale online (and for the life of me cannot remember what it was called, or the author's name), but it went on to say that a certain tribe of Native Americans believed that the 'land would be saved and resurrected' by people with GREEN EYES. They thought that green eyed people were very special and would play a significant role in the future of humanity somehow..

I've tried researching to find this story again, as it was told by an elder of this particular tribe, but I just can't find it!

It was extremely interesting nonetheless. And by the sound of that lone story, perhaps there *IS* something more to us green eyed babes after all..

- Mea

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Veritas Lux Mea]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas Lux Mea

Intersting things you bring up there about the spirituality. Do you ahve links?

Unrelated to this, I was wondering if different eye colors could bring in different spectrums of light for the brain to process, and perhaps this would encourage people with one color or another to see more "spirits?"

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

hey??????

i have had green eyes for as long as i can remember think what you wrote above maybe be a myth......................................................

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by serin sister

I didn't say it was a fact, it's just something that I've noticed.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
reply to post by Maxmars

Not to slight you personally, but I feel like "Eyes that change colors" have become one of those very cliched romance novel or internet dating profile descriptions.

Most people's eyes just appear to change color based on the other colors they wear in their clothes, eye makup, or hair, they can make the eye color "pop" or mute it out.

But I wouldn't be surprised though, more for woman, if monthly hormonal changes can slightly effect eye color.

No slight taken. Sorry to report that unless the world around me is conspiring to make me the fool (moreso), it does happen.

My eyes are brown and do range towards a deeper gold-ish hue at times. Sorry to disrupt the green/blue-eyed focus.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
do green eyes i wonder come from mixed races as in say parents and grandparents etc from different countries and regions maybe blue and brown eyes come from people of the same clan dont know just a thought

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I haven't found any scientific research on the topic, but personally, my eyes turn a deep, bright, emerald green when I get really angry. Friends have pointed this out to me and I never believed them until one day, someone snapped a picture and caught this. I looked demonic.

I think that mood can have an effect on the color of your eyes. Especially moods to the extreme.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

No problem. Yours may legitimately change, but the world at large loves to write sappy poerty about eyes that don't.

And don't feel excluded, I'm surprised and happy by how many people have responded so far.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by serin sister
do green eyes i wonder come from mixed races as in say parents and grandparents etc from different countries and regions maybe blue and brown eyes come from people of the same clan dont know just a thought

I've no idea.

Blue+brown /= green.

But perhaps blue+brown can cause a mutation that causes green eyes, in certan circumstances.

I don't even know if green eyes can be passed down, genetically, like blue or brown eyes.

I was the only kid in class with green eyes when we discussed this in school. I felt so left out.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Ive got green eyes and blond hair .my eyes envy my hair ......and my hair envys blue eyes

If Htler had of had his way, we would all have blonde hair and blue eyes?

And he would of been the only dark one on the planet.

I guess its just a pigmintaion......chances are your eye colour is not disimler to your parents?

My spelling sucks..............google me

[edit on 5-10-2008 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join