It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do green eyes come from?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
hahaha, its a cg image i found from a very tallented artist named greg petchovsky. i fell inlove with the image because it really reminds me of me, in a twisted way. as the creature looks really curiously at the scured creature it holds. I think it portrays alot of emotion. Thanks for noticing!

anyway, ill take a pick and see how well it turns out.

now, im not too sure if you stated this, but my iris colour tends to alter slightly from dark to light at times. this may be the addition of smaller white lines, but im not too sure. interesting topic though, flag, star

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

Okay I thought that was a change of an old painting... of Mme Pompadour I think... she was holding opera glasses...

Anyways, if you post a picture, it would be interesting to see.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousFinger
wow your all special not

My self esteem just can't handle not being special...

I've got to go complain on my LJ.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I have green eyes. So does my mom. My brother and sister have brown eyes though.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
For years I have wondered why my father has icy blue eyes...my mother pale green, and I....very dark brown?? I think there was a postman involved........

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The red hair and pale skin....

And, the green eyes....

Thanks to the artistic BF for these.....the single eye shot is my "demonic angry green" when I get really mad. They are the clear green rimmed in blue the rest of the time.

[edit on 10/5/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Very pretty.

Is the red your natural color or dyed?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Natural.

I went back to blonde for about 10 years, then a few years ago (when the picture was taken), I went back to what I was gifted with. Coloring it got old and expensive.....

Plus, I don't have to deal with blonde jokes anymore.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Some wholistic health doctors say that eye color is actually a representation of purity or pollution in the body, and cleansing will change the color of the eyes: brown- the body has a lot of trash in it; green- not a lot, but some chemicals; blue- the body is pure.

I don't know if it's really so true, but i thought it would be an interesting thing to add. Opinions?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Heh, yeah, I'd prefer irish jokes to blonde jokes.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Not necessarily my dad is Italian has black hair and brown eyes my mom hair is aubern with green eyes and my brother and I came out with blonde hair and blue eyes my hair got darker and so did his when we got older and are eyes change colors now there blueish green with a hint of yellow

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
First off i want to state that skeptic is beyond beautiful. seem to have a thing for red heads, they all seem so pretty to me. i was a red head for a day, naturally. a strange thing that ill ask in a second why.

heres my eyes! or eye... for that matter

and for the fun of it, an edited one! (only the contrast was edited)

So! back to my little story. this one night just outside of Jasper Alberta, back at the ripe old age of 10... or so... My family and I went on a trip and stopped off at a place where the hot springs heated the pools naturally. however, this place also had an "ice" pool, where the temperature was near unbarable. so, being the active little boy i was, went for a swim in the hot springs pool, dunking my head underwater, me and my sisters instantly ran out and as fast as we could go within the limits of the rules of the pools to the ice pool, then we would jump in there. however, someone just after jumping in the ice pool, said "alex? your hair is red". and so my hair was red, for the rest of the day, and changed back in the morning. explainations?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

purdy!!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I always dye my hair blue black in the winter/fall. It always turns red, no matter what I use. Anyway, I have golden green eyes, and when I cry, they are the most beautiful shade of bright green. Really odd. I love having green eyes but mine have different colors in them.They are really weird, and I guess people notice them, if I bother looking at them in the face.
I already posted the picture over in another thread, here is a link to my eyes:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Ya know, I think MOST red-heads have green eyes. Beyond that, I've wondered too. Seems me being the redhead, got green eyes.

While all the blondes in my family got Blue. Genetics is a funny thing.

Also, that it's extremely rare for a natural red-head to have anything BUT green eyes. What causes this?

I am a natural red head and I have blue eyes, My sister is a natural redhead and has blue eyes. All of my mothers family has blue eyes. My sister's husband has blue eyes. There oldest son has reddish blonde hair and blue eyes. So to me it doesn't seem to rare to have natural red hair and blue eyes also there are other redhead in my family with blue eyes. But we're also all kinda weird too

link   

Sometimes hotsprings have sulfur in them, would that cause a temporary patina of read on your hair?

link   

wow crazy looking eye!! really really cool.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
my eyes changed color when i hit puberty they changed from a bluish color to a type of green with gold

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Awesome thread!

Things are a little strange for me over here in the recessive end of the gene pool. My mom dad and brother all have brown eyes and mine are blue/green with brown hair. We are all left handed except for my dad, including both my kids. My son has brown eyes/hair and my daughter's eyes are bright blue with red hair, but she is still only a year and a half old. My wife has hazel eyes and red hair, and she is right handed.

I have heard a person needs to have the red headed gene on both sides in order for it to work. I have it on my side from my mom's mom, I guess that and her mom is how my daughter got it. I must say, am quite proud of her blue eyed red headed left handedness.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I just love this topic. After all I have green eyes. So does my Brother. There like Green Grass color. and they weren't always that way all the time. When I was younger, my eyes were blue and my hair was blond. I didn't like my blue eyes and turn them green. by age 6, they were green and I thought about changing them, but I decided to keep my green eyes. Alot of Latin girls think there pretty. Then they ask me to take out my contact lenses. LOL.
When I was in high school, I saw some girls wear green contact lenses, I always knew that they were the type of girls who where superficial, so I would go up to these people and point to mine, and say, there natural.
I don't know where they came from, but, I can trace my ancestors back to the British Islands.

Oh yea, my hair is dark brown.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join