It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with Google Earth? (Related to October 14th)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Here is a question: What does the web-bot program have to say? Can anyone find out?

Jay...

Your question about the web-bots was answered at the link below.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
For those too lazy to follow links, here is the image for 2008-10-05 at 21:07 UTC, showing an area near the north pole.

Not a triangle, square or pentagon in sight.

PS: the image was resized to a little more than 50% to fit ATS image rules.

I guess wishful thinking over-rides any logic.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I just saw this at 5:16 PST. Whether this is a Google anomaly or not, I don't know. I do know that the area in question is 2,000 miles long. Interesting, isn't it? I found it north of Alaska. Whatever this is, and after reviewing some of the other members' pictures submitted, the anomaly/object is certainly not stationary.

And here's another anomaly/object north of Antarctica.

Consider something else. The land/terrain aspect of Google Earth is not current. I repeat, is not current (years old). The only aspect of the image that is current (as current as a few hours) is the clouds. Let's pretend this is what Blossom Goodchild is referring to (GFOL), these ships are in cloak mode. They may be making themselves somewhat transparent with the ocean but not the clouds. If you look up, the same would be true, although you would see the clouds since they are above the clouds. But the terrain you see in between the image is actually planted by Google Earth. Just my theory.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by manticore]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by manticore
Interesting, isn't it?

Not in the least.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Look, all I'm saying is that I've been monitoring these anomalies and they seem to be moving. Is it the satellite that is moving? I find it very strange, one being a perfect triangle. Keeping an open mind and not discounting anything.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It's nothing. People are posting pictures of the weather from actual meteorlogical sites, and they prove that nothing is there at the times people say. Google Earth is known for abberations due to the technology. We can say it's nothing, because it IS nothing.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Interesting, isn't it?

Not in the least.

Haha! I wish I could give you applause for this post! I'm afraid a star will have to do

I think Lithgow in your avatar makes your post perfect. That is the expression I expect from you as you gave your reply

[edit on 5-10-2008 by triplesod]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by manticore

I'm pretty sure there is always this anomaly on google earth. Maybe not in the same location, but it is always there. It is just like the yellow bar, thing. Since the weather layers update regularly, they are dependant on the particular speeds of the satelites updating their information. It would be set as an equation. It all depends on the feed of info. The satelites, polar, equatorial and geo-synchronized satelites, move at different speeds relative to the earth's rotation.
It is occasionally fed initially from a different satelite and the missing piece you see is what THAT PARTICULAR satelite is not picking up because it is the space directly below it.
Their updating equation functions like our calendar. Every four years, we add a day (In the US, anyhow) to make up for the loss in fractionalized accuracy.

The polar satelites move at a much quicker pace because of the flattening around the poles. Centrifugal forces playing a role on the gravitational field of our planet are focused around the equator (these move higher and slower)... When they orbit the other way, they are low and quick. Therefore, they are usually first on the update and congruently, miss sections of scanning due to their speed.

I'm not sure what the equation is, but I'd bet you can track this block and predict its path.

Editing to add: This is simply what my admittedly sub-par computer programming knowledge and working knowledge of basic physics tells me.

Edit to fix edit HAHA!
[edit on 5-10-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

right ...
but there popped a you tube vid of a norwegian TV weather forecast in which a same type of glitch is seen...
interesting none the less...

www.youtube.com...

I suspect that the Tv in question does not use google earth for a in-programme production...
they rather have a direct con with their national forecast center which takes up info directly form the sat's...

therefore it could well be a sat problem, not a google earth one...

with Hubble down, one does question: why don't the satellites work well also?

personally, off the 10.14. topic, I find this google earth thing fascinating, the number, the size, the permament geometrical shapes, the movement...
making these glitches quite different than any previous ones...

that is a mystery to me

[edit on 5-10-2008 by darkraver]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkraver
reply to post by fleabit

right ...
but there popped a you tube vid of a norwegian TV weather forecast in which a same type of glitch is seen...
interesting none the less...

www.youtube.com...

I suspect that the Tv in question does not use google earth for a in-programme production...
they rather have a direct con with their national forecast center which takes up info directly form the sat's...

therefore it could well be a sat problem, not a google earth one...

with Hubble down, one does question: why don't the satellites work well also?

personally, off the 10.14. topic, I find this google earth thing fascinating, the number, the size, the permament geometrical shapes, the movement...
making these glitches quite different than any previous ones...

that is a mystery to me

[edit on 5-10-2008 by darkraver]

You know what's also interesting? they're both tuesdays, and both have to do with 7 (oct 7, oct 14).. just like pretty much everything else.

Go to wiki and search "7_(number)"
For some reason the link gets messed up real bad every time I try putting it here.. i think it's cause of the brackets.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I've had google earth up LITERALLY ALL day and I see nothing but an incomplete data set. The same basic shapes are up ALL THE TIME over the poles and you see layers put in underneath the main layers occasionally, changing the shape of the "shape." Eh, this doesn't make any sense, but it is true.
Occasionally you see the emergence of a new void. Corrections being made. Nothing more.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
look on the other side of the earth there's a big triangle of missing cloud cover.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Interesting. It could be several inch long craft flying within inches of the satelites. Or it could be huge ships flying just above cloud cover. Or it could be harpp opening up different dimensions. I would just hope that it is a dimension that takes me back to last october where I could place bets against all the bank stocks and mortagge companies.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The pentagon has formed again at the north pole. 11:05 EST

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hi ,

I was sharing the Google Earth weather map with my mate and she said that if this was a large ship from the pictures showing it in a long shape and then over the Artic in a top looking shape like a top alighting out of alighnment.

It could be a Ship that is cloaked in someway but the Satellite somehow is picking it up . Whatever it is its strange and I am like everyone else going to track this on Monday and throughout the week to see what it does etc.

Again thanks for posting this on ATS very interesting indeed.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Erm... How often does Google update the images? I noticed that it's daytime all over the Planet for example.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Interesting, isn't it?

Not in the least.

What the ... That's pretty funny ;-)
It's not a one liner anymore...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Time=Now

Google by default updates every 3 hours. You can set up real time weather tracking which fills the shapes with clouds but you can still see the shapes underneath the clouds.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hi all,

It just changed formation and size I am trying to post it here now.

Its nolonger in a almost Pentagon form its more like a building lenght wise in a weird way.

If anyone can post the satellite picture that would show what I am seeing.

Its pretty amazing .

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Cmdraleon]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join