It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush signs $700 billion financial bailout bill

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Ya know what, i DO agree.

I think this is the quintessential "you go first; no YOU go first" thing.

Frankly, the idea is great, and PROBABLY the best one, but ya know what, these friggin clowns wanted 1 trillion in 2 weeks. Well, ya know what, I personally am not willing to wait until APRIL before MY message gets out.

I'm not altogether certain what I *DO* want to do, but I clearly know what I DONT want to do. I dont want to pay for these A___oles to live like damn kings at ALL of our expense. This is sheer insanity.

AB1

[edit on 3-10-2008 by alphabetaone]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Right now, all I can be excited about is the fact that my Rep., Bill Sali, voted AGAINST the bill. I am completely shocked about that.

But you know what? He just guaranteed my vote on just that one issue!

What sucks about this is the fact that now the banks got what they want. But where does that leave the rest of us?

There's still people being foreclosed on. There's still people struggling to make their payments. How in the heck does this help any of them? This bill does absolutely NOTHING for the taxpayers. NOTHING!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Its definately a good idea...doable yes...practical...perhaps...risky..no doubt....would it matter....maybe not.

But what is definate here....are we to just cower into a corner and allow this to happen and send a message that the American populace is not strong to stand up for themselves?

I dont think riots and causing a chaos is the answer either.

But to quote James Doohan (Scotty)..."the more they overtake the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain"..in this case..the drain on our wallets!!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I watched about the last half of the 90 minute final debate. The *only* person opposed that got any podium time was Ron Paul. After his time was up, nobody else that was opposed got any.

They went to that lisping slimy pinko Barney Frank like nine times..who in turn yielded his minutes to his allies in order to get "the last word" in.

I have completely and totally lost faith in my government. From this day forth I will be flying my flag upside down because this country is truly in distress.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty
These are the Treasonous ones whop voted FOR HR 1424 www.govtrack.us...

Nice all seeing-eye pyramid thing they got going on there

Government, Track Us! indeed.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by star in a jar]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

It does the exact OPPOSITE!!!

Like Ron Paul said, by bailing out these FRAUD CRIMINALS, they are PROPPING UP BAD DEBT to begin with, and in essence, keeping the market with INFLATED PRICES! All this did was CONTINUE ON the same CRIMINAL, FAILED policies, and now it has COUPLED those with OUR TAX-DOLLARS to PAY FOR and CONTINUE ON this CRIMINALITY!

I can't even believe the depth this country has sunken to with these greedy thugs!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
ps. pay your taxes folks, not doing it is a short term response to what will be your long term problem.

That's not the kind of thing our forefathers would've said. They fought and died so we could be free, but here we are yet again.

There's no point in surviving if you aren't doing any living. And being a debt slave for the rest of my life isn't my idea of 'living'.

Give me liberty or give me death!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
There is safety in numbers; if enough people didn't pay taxes this govt. would be out on a limb. You can claim as many dependents as you like, 10 if you want to. I think you can even claim exempt and not have any tax retained. If half the country or more did this, then didn't file the next year, that might get their attention. But how do you get enough people to participate? We are afraid of our own shadows as it is.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

I dont think riots and causing a chaos is the answer either.

Yet, sometimes, it is.

A strategic military designed intervention may be more like it though.

Remember the oath, all enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC..right now, our elected "officials" (I always hated that term, official what), seem to be the DOMESTIC enemy. This, of course, would only hold true IF, in fact, the majority of Americans were ABSOLUTELY against this bailout. If that were the case, and our voices were usurped for what THEY deemed the "collective good" then quite frankly, the word Revolution is NOT a bad word. FREE nation, a FREE nation should be FREE enough to (even if their MAJORITY VOICE is completely wrong) be able to make their mistakes and live with their consequences; not to have a big brother deciding for them in their own best interest.

AB1

link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

Well he doesn't mean, "We The People", So obviously it's "We The NWO Minions".

Is Ron Paul going to be on the ballot as the Independent or something? (sorry I've never really been in politics or one to vote in previous years, except this year for sure!) If so we should, "ROCK THE VOTE" and have everyone vote for him and put a damper on things, even if only for a short while.

I agree with what, Rep. Jessy Jackson Jr. said, "It's Robin Hood in reverse, taking from the needy to give to the greedy."

link   
reply to post by Kruel

Exactly. It is this "be a good little sheeple, bend-over, and conform, over and over and over again, as we keep taking and taking and taking" mentality that is allowing these criminals to keep violating this nation into serfdom and oppression.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
There is safety in numbers; if enough people didn't pay taxes this govt. would be out on a limb. You can claim as many dependents as you like, 10 if you want to. I think you can even claim exempt and not have any tax retained. If half the country or more did this, then didn't file the next year, that might get their attention. But how do you get enough people to participate? We are afraid of our own shadows as it is.

I dont know about enough people but Im not paying my taxes. I just sent the Reps for my area an email letting them know I AM NOT PAYING MY TAXES!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This is bad. Very bad. As of now it is clear beyond any doubt that the US government has no respect for the will of the people. It is no longer representative, it is tyrannical. Martial law being declared now would only be a formality, it is clear there is no correlation between the will of the people and the actual policies of the government. A line has been drawn in the sand.

Also this means they are not open to any other solution other than those put forth by the banking elite. No more hopes of taking back the FED. No more hopes of reigning in the banks. They now have carte blanche. History has shown us that when the european elite owned banks get freedom the result is inevitably hyperinflation and foreclosure of a whole country.

Here is a very personal view on all this: As of today the american people have a choice between revolution (hopefully peacefull) and poverty. This was nothing less than the death sentence for the middle class. It might take a few months, and will seem easier at first, might even be a nice christmas, but once the inflationary black hole kicks in, the dollar is dead.

Ironically, as a european, this is probably good, as this allows the bankers to keep european finances afloat with american money, and we will probably be better off in the mid term, untill they can consolidate, get global government and tax life. It means I, and thousands like me, have more time to try and awaken my peers.

My condolences to america, as much as I believe you as a nation are due karma for your foreign policy and internal authoritarism, I did not want to see you go down, and I now believe that it's all but inevitable.

Whatever happens now, stay peacefull and loving, sidestep the violence, help your peers. It's your only real hope, to give love to atract love.

Peace.

link   
I understand that not everyone is in a position to be able to simply say I will not pay any further taxes and prevent this bill from robbing me even further.

But if we truely want to change it, and all other avenues are exausted, then sometimes the extreme is necessary to inflict that change...and I dont mean going out onto the streets with guns and starting riots. That would only give them certian and justifyable reason to enact a martial law.

I mean hit them where it would really have an impact. Pay not taxes. Those that can do that should. Those that cannot may have no choice.

For me, and others, I can flip a switch and my home and property is off the grid and self sustaining, supplies stored and enough for a few years, I know how to hunt, fish, make items of need like tools, weapons, clothing, and even shelter. I have home made electrical power sources to provide energy, and if necessary, enough ammo and arms to start a small army to protect what I have.

Well lets see what happens over the next several days with this bill buisness. What I would remind folks is that where there is a will...there IS a way.

Cheers!!!!

link   
The end of captialism it's official it's been a good run folks.Expect Ron Paul and the others who voted "no" to be attacked.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by mike dangerously]

link   

Originally posted by Kruel

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
ps. pay your taxes folks, not doing it is a short term response to what will be your long term problem.

That's not the kind of thing our forefathers would've said. They fought and died so we could be free, but here we are yet again.

There's no point in surviving if you aren't doing any living. And being a debt slave for the rest of my life isn't my idea of 'living'.

Give me liberty or give me death!

So you think our forefathers would have suggested that it's a good idea for a few random people on a forum to not pay their taxes.

Unless you can muster up a few million people to join and arm them as our forefathers were, you are spitting against the wind.

Other than that it's just big talk behind a keyboard.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkangel4time

Just for the record, we dont live in a democracy. We live in a federal republic.

Google Federal Republic VS. Democracy. I did months ago and its long but it set me straight!

You're not 100% correct. The United States is a "Constitutional Republic."

However, I can't believe no one gave you a star, you speak the truth.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
ok so i'm listeing to faux news radio and looking at bloomberg.com -this might not shock you crazy tin hatters but THEY LIED!

Yep, the keep saying how the dow has gone up since the bill was signed, the dow is now at -0.8 and has been falling since around 1pm -the same time as the bill was made law. Hmmmmmm......

anyway that's beside the point, what really matters is what happens to the markets in the next few days. I was wondering if anyones got any good indicators worth watching? The DOW and FTSE have been getting my attention recently but only because its funny to watch the idiots who have been ruining the world loose some of their power and influence.

My guess is that the traders propped up the economy while the bill was looking like it would pass but now it's too late they're grabbing their money from the fire.

So where does this leave us? the government will soon own your mortgage, then after some more economic carnage they'll #HAVE# to do something with it, maybe they wont be able to sell it and will have to collect the money from YOU. Hmmm i sure hope this isn't leading to forced labor camps, etc.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by NatureBoy]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
My heart goes out to the american People.
I only hope the people unite together and fight this, bring down the government that has pushed the people aside.
It's time to not only talk the talk, but actually walk the walk.
I'm willing to bet TPTB are banking we sit here and talk about it as always with little to no action...let's prove them wrong.
It's only a matter of time before it hits the fan up here in Canada.
We will be right behind you!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I have real mixed feelings about this bill...mostly a mix of anger and frustration.

I understand needing to desperately un-freeze the credit market, it's essential and I get that.

But this is just ridiculous. The amount of pork that didn't need to be in this is absolutley astonishing. Coupled with the fact that we are essentially rewarding the weasels that got us into this mess in the first place really creams my corn.

The main thing I think that really irks my noggin is the fact that these bozos in the house and senate want us to believe they've actually done something for the country when they couldn't even get their hands out of their collective pockets to pass something that didn't need to be this laden down with wasteful spending.

If our elected officials had any respect for the american people they'd all be wearing ski masks.

IMO of course.

Spiderj

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join