It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush signs $700 billion financial bailout bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The Dow is falling because shareholders are taking profits like crazy. After the dust settles in a week or so there will be a massive buying frenzy when the terms are laid down on the table.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'm going to the bank in a few, time to withdraw what I do have.

link   
At least you guys got a vote - our PM just bailed them out, without so much as a by your leave.
First Northern Rock then Bradford and Bingley.

Just goes to show that the more money you have, the more you can screw the little folk.

I recommend taking all money out of the bank, leaving only enough to pay mortgage, then pay CASH for everything.

Whatever happens, don't leave money in the banks for the fools to mis-manage again.

link   
Must have taken a lot of threats and bribes to change this vote from last week. Shame the US has given up on free market capitalism. Hope the UK doesn't try something of this nature, wouldn't put it past our politicians.

link   
They are discussing fiscal responsibility on CNN. How the heck do they consider this fiscally responsible? We have just took on an boat load of debt to be paid for by the average joe. The same average joe's that can barely afford to survive now.... Last time I checked, this would be considered a dumb*ss move.

Don't they understand it won't matter if these companies survive because by the end of the year, no one will be able to buy anything because they have devalued our dollar so badly.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
These are the Treasonous ones whop voted FOR HR 1424

(See this link for the vote)
www.govtrack.us...

*snip*

====
Mod Edit: List snipped, link added.

[edit on 3/10/2008 by Badge01]

link   
Unbelievable
I want to say I can't believe they did this, but I know better then to make a silly statement like that. I was hopeful that this thing would not go through, but of course it did. They have all made it clear that corp. America is more important then my sons future.

Oh, look at that. The Dow has dropped to 44 points. Some "rescue" plan

link   
What I don't get is why did they go to vote again after it failed the first time? Is that how it works? Keep voting till it goes your way? best out of three...no, wait five....erm ten....double or quits...s *flips coin* no..wait...tails

link   
reply to post by redhatty

The dow is falling because theyre unconvinced, however besides that, the scam was to run it up high pre-vote anyway, knowing they were all NOT convinced and reap what little benefits they could before market close.

This is SO a "whatever" I cant even describe it. Now granted, the voice of ATS may well NOT be the voice of the public at large, however, instead of a HOUSE or SENATE vote, I certainly would have liked to see a vote of the PEOPLE before any of these clowns. This way there would be some recourse against our elected officials. Im seriously so much at a loss...just....whatever

AB1

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
A sad day for Americans...

We will see how it plays out. At this point we have no other options that I can see...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chilled Zen
Must have taken a lot of threats and bribes to change this vote from last week. Shame the US has given up on free market capitalism. Hope the UK doesn't try something of this nature, wouldn't put it past our politicians.

Watch the video on MSNBC. Nancy Pelosi is the one who made a lot of the changes in the entire bill. If there was ever a reason to vote someone out, that's it.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
First post on ATS, been reading stuff here for a while now, great community.

Anyway, I am with everyone for voting these SOB's out of office. This is the most blatant disregard for the will of the people I have ever seen. Now China and the Saudi Royal family are going to be smiling all the way to the bank with OUR money.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If this isn't a good enough reason to stop paying taxes I don't know what is. Around $7000 bucks has just been stolen from your pocket.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So, we can all look forward to our children getting more wooden arrows, the Samoans will be happy. Lets not forget about the all important Puerto Rican Rum, since we will all need plenty of mind-altering fluids if we plan to live in this new society.

Lets see, what am I missing? Oh yea, the national debt just topped well over 11 trillion, something that will linger over the heads of our decendents for generations.

What's next? They have reached the climax of their absolute stupidity. Can they ever top this one? I dont just mean Bush, I mean our political leaders at large.

One of my states representatives actually copt out and didnt even vote. That is as bad as voting yea. He just lost the support that he was building leading up to this. Pickering voted yea again. At least he got up and admitted that this would be his last vote. If he meant that it was on this particular bill, I think he may be sadly mistaken when the votes come rolling in against him.

GAME OVER.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Take a look at ronpaul.com 's main page... they setup a little poll there. If it's anything what the majority feels that's a pretty resonating "NO!"

link   
well, there goes our grand children.. born into slavery. We already lost over 150,000 jobs in September... they better bring back the 'out sourcing' jobs so that we can pay this crap back... Why do I smell revolution in the air??? The pres better say 'why' this bill passed when the VAST majority of the Americans did not want this. What next, IRAN invasion?

link   

link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by Chilled Zen

Watch the video on MSNBC. Nancy Pelosi is the one who made a lot of the changes in the entire bill. If there was ever a reason to vote someone out, that's it.

How do you figure that???

They passed the SENATE version.

link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

Yep, must be sick for you americans, and your countries future. Maybe you should change your national anthem, because the words do not describe your country of today.

What happened to americans of 100 years ago, that stood for something. Man in 100 years your people have really turned into a zombie culture.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hodes from my state voted "nay" but of course big government loving Porter had to vote "yay."

I was going to vote against her anyway. I can't stand that woman.

I take half of that back. Turns out they both voted "nay" so says the local news. I'm still going to try and vote Porter out for other reasons though.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by thisguyrighthere]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join