It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush signs $700 billion financial bailout bill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

wait... if they allow partial birth abortions or any abortions where the mother/child is not in danger then who is going to pay...
oh wait.. they (current poloticians) will be dead and have left their money to their grand children (who will become rich the old fassioned way, through inheritance) so they don't give a flying F*&K!
oy vay....

[edit on 3-10-2008 by constantine70]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

There were 50 who changed their vote from No on Monday to yes today!!

Here they are:

Abercrombie
Alexander
Baca
Barrett (SC)
Berkley
Biggert
Braley (IA)
Carson
Cleaver
Coble
Conaway
Cummings
Dent
Edwards (MD)
Fallin
Frelinghuysen
Gerlach
Giffords
Hirono
Hoekstra
Jackson (IL)
Jackson-Lee (TX)
Knollenberg
Kuhl (NY)
Lee
Lewis (GA)
Mitchell
Myrick
Ortiz
Pascrell
Pastor
Ros-Lehtinen
Schiff
Schmidt
Scott (GA)
Shadegg
Shuster
Solis
Sullivan
Sutton
Terry
Thompson (CA)
Thornberry
Tiberi
Tierney
Wamp
Welch (VT)
Woolsey
Wu
Yarmuth

Oh how I wish we still had firing squads

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

...This is the final straw---They have declared war upon the people.

Oddly enough, this 'final straw' has happened before, and the world did not end...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ron Paul at the house today....

Our last ray of hope and he was shunned. Thanks Main Stream Media.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Originally posted by PammyK
peaker Polosi just signed the Bill live on CNN.com. Sorry don't know how to LINK. Bush is speaking now saying he will also sign the Bill before today is over.

As far as I'm concerned, that should be recorded by every american and submitted as official evidence when criminal trials begin. No way can these thuugs break our backs any further with this elitism-invoked slavery and servitude. This is the final straw---They have declared war upon the people.

...and indeed, should we not declare war upon them? I believe it is our solemn duty to do so, but (refer to signature).

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Secret

I am with you there. I will not ever be paying Federal Income Tax ever again. I am going to the H.R. department at my employer and changing my tax status on my w-4 to EXEMPT. I am probably going to my bank today also and closing all of my accounts.
It is now completely obvious that the American People have no representation at any level of government.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Based on how I feel, what I am seeing on here, what I am hearing on the tv, and what I am reading on other sites... this is going to bring on something historical. Weather its the crash of the US, a revolution, or whatever the case.. The people are pretty much standing together on this one.

P.S. The Dow in now -4

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Same here... they ain't getting squat from me. I've had it with this government. No more taxes from me suckas.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm so enraged I want to just blow up but I know I'll be censored and banned and the post deleted so *sigh* there's no point. But while you read this just pretend I'm exploding in furious rage because deep down I am. I emailed my rep, I did my part.
I could have sworn I read that only 10% of Americans support the bailout.
Can someone anyone please tell me where in the constitution it gives the right for government to act independently of its constituency and citizens and just basically govern itself and the world of its own accord? The MAJORITY OF AMERICANS were against this bill, how is it possible that they passed it anyway I just don't understand the system anymore, perhaps I never have. Truly disgusting, I hope a revolution comes that puts ALL of these thugs and criminals on trial for high treason..

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

Thats the spirit!!! Stick to your guns when the IRS comes a knockin ok.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Boy you could see how pissed off Ron Paul was at the end of his speech on the house floor. Just walking off and trailing off pissed. What a load of crap this is. REVOLUTION!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It is with deep sorrow that I commit these words to writing.

The Constitution of our nation has been tossed aside by the investment class, who usurped and overthrew the government oath-bound to represent the people of our nation. Those of the once-cherished middles-class are now indentured servants of the whims of the financial controllers of the country; none of which are elected.

The means to control the economy has been surrendered to 'appointed' and private 'corporate' citizens.

The corporate citizen is the last remaining citizen with rights and protection in this country. All other rights and privileges are subject to corporate acceptance.

I am ashamed for my country and saddened for my children, whom I can now educate in the fashion of a vanquished patriot; as they have demolished the last hope that the people might still be a relevancy in the conduct of our so-called 'elected' leaders.

I watched in horror as representative after representative publicly 'bought in' to the myth that our well-being as a nation revolves around the banking industries ability to 'offer' credit to one another; while simultaneously extracting every last possible gain from the transaction - regardless of law or moral hazard.

I noted the propaganda machine deftly convincing everyone that the initial reaction - flabbergasted exasperation - was uncalled for and a matter of simply 'not understanding' the immense complexity of the problem. The problem of, by, and for, the Central Banking system doctrine, which has funneled trillions of dollars from American's and into the pockets of those who by virtue of having designed the system - determined they deserve it all.

Even here, where ignorance rarely survives the onslaught of our denial, there were those who imagined the 'changes' wrought on the 3-page demand of the administration and treasury were somehow remedial and rendered the supreme financial authority to an appointee acceptable.

Our Judicial branch lay mute , deaf, and blind to the travesty, adding their silent consent to the destruction of the Constitutional safeguards that many of our ancestors fought and died for.

Somehow the magic bullet of financial supremacy for the treasury became 'palatable' once the issue of Puerto Rican rum and wooden arrows were included.

The media and the 'officials' repeatedly glossed over the FDIC coverage increase, and it's single-year life span. They both then and now still refuse to publicly refer to the $700 Billion dollars as a cap on 'per instance' actions taken by the countries new financial tzar - Tzar Paulson. They repeatedly fail to mention the oversight in place is both 'after the fact' and powerless to change or modify, regardless of the action.

In that respect they simply turned our economy over to the Fed. The central villain in this entire affair.

But most critical in all this, is that when the crushing blow of reality comes knocking, they will not suffer; for they have served their master well. They will have protected their investment class and corporate citizens, the one's that have a voice. The rest of us are just 'labor' and 'produce'. Good for wars, and taxing.

And all this comes in the form of a 'rescue'. Do you think they'll thank us, those who actually bear the burden? Or perhaps we will get another 'stimulus' check to spend on foreign goods?

We have met the enemy. We put them there. And we loved them so much, that we are going to do it again.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here's what I'll be doing as my very own "quiet riot:"

I have single-handedly passed a bill in my OWN house (it's a dictatorship, sorry) which mandates the following: from now on, we will not spend money on any @8#damned thing that we don't absolutely NEED. Here's what made it into the bill:
food
shelter
medical
beer (husband insisted this be added...as a benevolent dictator, I agreed)
foot massages (will train husband as concession for beer, so foot massages will be free)
EVERYTHING else currently in the household budget goes out the window...no ifs, ands, or buts.

We're a two-income household; since I'm not gonna be keeping up with the Joneses anymore, I think I just might quit my job (thus lowering income taxes). I hate my job anyway!! I've always felt that I'd be much happier and peaceful as a full-time homemaker, but always felt the need to bring home a lil' bacon to spend on absolutely worthless, disposable crap...not anymore.

If we all stopped spending, you'd better believe Wall Street would feel it, and so would the House, Senate, & President.

Ezzi

[edit on 3-10-2008 by ezziboo]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

That is because this EPITOMIZES that the average american is like a GHOST to these special-interest-pandering greed-mongers in our gov. The ONLY people that matter are the Mega-rich and Mega Corporations---THEY are the ones dictating policy and keeping us as their slaves. The gov puppets are merely there to do these thugs bidding, and to get a piece of the pie for abetting them in stealing from our already empty pockets!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Does any think that Congress and the Treasury can come up with the best solution possible in less than 2 weeks?

This is not going to work as intended.

What happens when the Govt. is the one needing the bailout next?

It will not help those people sitting with bad mortgages and facing foreclosure. The Govt. is basically buying at inflated prices with no buyers. Not a good combo IMO.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
Based on how I feel, what I am seeing on here, what I am hearing on the tv, and what I am reading on other sites... this is going to bring on something historical. Weather its the crash of the US, a revolution, or whatever the case.. The people are pretty much standing together on this one.

P.S. The Dow in now -4

Wanna bet nothing extraordinary will happen and life will go on as usual. It's nearly XMas anyway and people's minds will soon turn onto it.

The earth will continue to spin, a couple more banks will be bought by other ones and many more CEO's will get fat bonuses, people in general will continue to impoverish, but hey, they have credit cards and so they will be happy ...

For something to happen people would need to move away from their screens, no revolution happens at home, well they can always go to the X-Box and kill some more evil aliens, but the world will still not change.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ezziboo
Here's what I'll be doing as my very own "quiet riot:"

I have single-handedly passed a bill in my OWN house (it's a dictatorship, sorry) which mandates the following: from now on, we will not spend money on any @8#damned thing that we don't absolutely NEED. Here's what made it into the bill:
food
shelter
medical
beer (husband insisted this be added...as a benevolent dictator, I agreed)
foot massages (will train husband as concession for beer)
EVERYTHING else currently in the household budget goes out the window...no ifs, ands, or buts.

We're a two-income household; since I'm not gonna be keeping up with the Joneses anymore, I think I just might quit my job (thus lowering income taxes). I hate my job anyway!! I've always felt that I'd be much happier and peaceful as a full-time homemaker, but always felt the need to bring home a lil' bacon to spend on absolutely worthless, disposable crap...not anymore.

If we all stopped spending, you'd better believe Wall Street would feel it, and so would the House, Senate, & President.

Ezzi

I think that everyone should also be more concerned about what is going to happen in their own "house" as well. Mine is all set up and has been for the last 20 years in preperation for this mess.

Those who have not prepared, had better play the catch up game and quick.

Cheers!!!!

link   
Wheeee! Lookit the market dropping! (again I say ATS desperately needs a smiley of a closed fist pumping up and down in an obviously innuendo filled gesture.)

This weekend is going to absolutely suck from a financial news standpoint. I'll go out on a limb and predict that there will be a run on banks this afternoon as people start to get off work and by Monday we'll be hearing rumors of another large bank near failure. (possibly Citi, which would explain why Wachovia is suddenly changing and going over to Wells Fargo. Surely there's a lot more to that story than we pleebs are privvy to.)

link   
Screw this. I'm fed up I'm not paying my taxes anymore. Thank god I've been LAID OFF (thanks to the destroyed economy) and am currently out of work so I don't have to go through an unknown process to withdraw my taxes but when I DO go back to work can someone please tell me what I have to do to NOT contractually bind myself to the government to give them illegal taxes? Should I file exempt as someone said previously and how do you do this exactly? (I'm not too knowledgeable in this area regrettably)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
First bill = 3 pages. With only three pages, one can read, absorb, and understand the gravity of what the bill actually means. Failed miserably, as we all know.

This bill = 450+ pages. with only day or so to make a decision, one can't possibly fully understand every ramification of of the contents, and as such, voters are much more easily swayed by rhetoric and threats, as they fill the void in understanding.

In my opinion, the downfall of our country is in now in full motion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join