It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Appears To Be Wearing an Earpiece During The Debate

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
After some internal discussion among staff, we found this photo from a reasonably recent news conference covering the Exon Valldez...

From that, I made this comparison...

It appears that the "lumps and bumps" of her natural ear, combined with the intense studio lighting, is creating the appearance of an earpiece.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Thought exercise for all of you. Imagine trying to look spontaneous while answering a question while waiting for someone to tell you the answer in an ear piece.

She was a television reporter. She would have done it many times before.

Ooh! Good one SO!

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Just as I suspected.

Excellent work SO!

That's why they pay you the big bucks.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

I don't recall saying she was my candidate. I just tried to explain what the device was. I applauded her for wanting to hear the questions better. How horrible of me to do such a thing. I should be horsewhipped.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
After some internal discussion among staff, we found this photo from a reasonably recent news conference covering the Exon Valldez...

From that, I made this comparison...

It appears that the "lumps and bumps" of her natural ear, combined with the intense studio lighting, is creating the appearance of an earpiece.

Love it, now does this go into the been totally debunked category?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The IFB earpieces of the modern era are transparent btw so as they do not appear readily via camera and lighting. In other words, they will appear to not be there...as your photo analysis demonstrates.

The older ones were easily seen and considered intrusive and uncomfortable by the on air talent.

Each piece is custom crafted to fit the shape of the ear canal so that it is comfortable and does not slip out by accident.

Maybe she should have had an implant instead????

Ya thats the answer...a Borg implant with flashing lights and laser beam would have been more acceptable than a innocent IFB earpiece.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 3-10-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

The tech is here on the commercial level.

www.lumus-optical.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

www.propellercode.com...

what about one of these?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That is the new proposed "fly on the wall".

Cheers!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

Well..speaking as a "hillbilly" though I don't "swing" to a side either. does that make you as dumb as my hillbilly self or and I a genius like you

you really should think before you speak. Everyone on hillbilly land are not like the Clampets sitting around the SEE-Mint-Pond

You have done nothing but offend anyone that might disagree with you as well as people that happen to live an an area that you apparently know nothing about.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That is the new proposed "fly on the wall".

Cheers!!!

LOL yes,

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I don't think I could smoothly repeat what was being fed to my ear

I wouldnt think that would be why she was given an earpiece, to feed her answers to specific questions I mean.

I would think it would be to direct her not to answer a question, as she did several times, simply refused to answer the question asked and announced she was going to talk about something else.

I think the moderator did a terrible job. I would have interrupted her, and pressed the point. (Though admittedly I do not know the rules of debate as they outlined them and perhaps the moderator could not do that.)

As someone else said, any one can give a speech, and if you refuse to answer the questions and just read from prepared material, you are giving a speech, not participating in a debate.

All that said, she did better than I thought she would. The technique worked in that she was not bumbling all over the place making incoherent statements. I just was not impressed by her refusal to answer off the cuff and her continual return to her talking points.

Granted, Biden did a bit of deflecting as well. No question. Neither one of them wanted to answer the question about what their party would have to give up in terms of campaign promises in light of the economic meltdown. Biden admitted some things had to be "slowed down" but then he quickly moved off topic. Palin just refused to go there at all.

You can pinpoint it more easily by reading the transcript.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau
The evidence I found my belief on is the photographic evidence presented here in this thread...

You should look at the video yourself, say, take it into Photoshop and examine it meticulously. It's not a good idea to "believe" based on what you see in a thread. It may have been rigged.

but also the way in which Sarah Palin's responses sounded scripted

That would be a better reason to "believe" she was wearing an earpiece, but you're basing your opinions on how YOU think a person should behave when under the spotlight. Everyone behaves differently at different times, it's what makes us unique human beings. No need to be rude or judge a person for moving a certain way. That doesn't mean she has something in her ear. Maybe she had an itch. You don't know.

And EVERY politician is "scripted"...please.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Just back from lunch and you're still trying to school me about something you just became aware of according to your own posts. Still doesn't detract from the fact that you didn't know what a Rhodes Scholar is. So I mispelled it. I'm so confident I don't use spell check.
Back to the point, your candidates tried to parallel themselves with a Rhodes Scholar when each of them clearly had trouble finishing college.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Ridiculous. Nobody had the questions ahead of time. If it indeed is something it could be as simplistic as an ear monitor to ensure that the candidates could hear each other.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

This is probably more indicative of what was going on if anything. Pundits and anchors have earpieces and we never notice except when they grab their ear and say "breaking news" when they are fed something, so why can't she have had an intentionally hard to see, very small earpiece that had her on track sticking to talking points and avoiding real questions?

On the other hand the candidates saw the questions first so they probably decided how to handle them beforehand. She's getting better with those talking points but it still shows she doesn't really know herself what to do. She couldn't answer anything not pre-scripted like the interview with the press and the difference seen here sticks out like a sore thumb. Some of the things she defended didn't seem like she would say that out of her own belief. Form your own opinion lady.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
so someone possibly told her to say"joe six pack american" and hockey moms?

i just dont enjoy the fact that she or whoever was speaking in her ear think we're all six pac drinkin hockey playin americans .

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

SO,
shouldn't this thread be closed now since it seems to be based on "Rumor and Innuendo"?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Biden was wearing one too. So if anyone wants to put blame on Palin for wearing an IFB earpiece to hear suggestions by her advisors, then that same blame game should be thrown at the Biden camp too.

An eye for an eye...or rather an ear for an ear.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I'm the one who started this particular thread because I was actually looking for ear pieces. Biden doesn't have glasses or hair to obstruct the visibility of one. He didn't have one. Additionally, the left arm of Palins' glasses doesn't have the white design(lines) like the right side. The pictures that the site moderaters put up make a more compelling case for the ear peice when you know what you're looking for.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join