It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Appears To Be Wearing an Earpiece During The Debate

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
IMO, Palin came off more as "reading" her answers than listening to and regurgitating answers coming from an earpiece. Perhaps we should be looking at the glasses as the medium for the info. I do believe that there is available technology that can project text onto the inside of eyewear. Just a thought.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by ORIPEIA]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Boy,
You staffers are deleting some of my best stuff and letting other stuff through that's clearly off topic.. What's the deal?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealityisanIllusion
Has anyone here ever gone deer hunting? What she has in her ear looks just like the DSP earpiece I use when I go dear hunting. It filters out ambient inteference and aplifies the sounds that are directed to you.
So, yes it looks like she has an earpiece and it looks like a hearing improvement device. I applaud her for wanting to hear the questions and comments more thouroughly.

man does she have it easy.
now we applaud her for wishing to hear a question. i agree, wanting to hear is just...well it's simply a stroke of genius, if she can hear a question, she has a better chance at offering an acceptable answer, when you consider she just spit out a baby, i can't believe she came up with such a brilliant way to answer questions. i was expecting her to wear a helmet and throw fecies at the camera while breastfeeding and picking her nose, but she steped it up big time. truly a maternal maverick.
not only can i not connect with the candidates, i can't even connect with potential voters for either side; ya'll are so ready to defend ANYTHING AND EVERTHING your candidate does.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

The best one yet!

Here is a similar angle and an image of her glasses from the designer's website.

www.visionglasses.com...

Worn by Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin (gray frame - c.34, lense shape SP-51), these are the hottest glasses on the market. All Kazuo Kawasaki eyewear, offered by Vision Glasses, are authentic designer glasses and come with Kazuo Kawasaki case and cleaning cloth.The Kazuo Kawasaki sunglasses offer full UV protection. Please, type the lens shape in the Additional Information box. Call for assistance.

There is something up with both her ear, and the glasses in comparison to the way they look in the other images I provided.
DocMoreau

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by slywhite
reply to post by centurion1211

Simple typo. I don't think I mispelled it anywhere else did I? At least now you looked it up and know a little more than before. Please read more about the candidate you support and about the responses re the Hamas.
My point remains that the GOP candidates can't ride the coat tails of someone they say was inexperienced unless they are a Rhode Scholar themselves.

What about the ear piece? Have you looked?

Funny and nice try at an explanation. The "A" you mistakenly included is on the other end of the keyboard from the "H" and the "O" and not next to the "D". No typo, you just didn't know. And as further proof, you mis-spelled the word again in this post.

And about the ear piece? Total BS as an issue to me.

Thought exercise for all of you. Imagine trying to look spontaneous while answering a question while waiting for someone to tell you the answer in an ear piece. And imagine trying to keep straight what you are trying to say while also keeping straight what you are trying to hear, all at the same time throughout the debate. I say it can't be done. Or if it can be, then I'm in awe of the person who pulls it off.

[edit on 10/3/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Can you imagine the response if Biden was discovered to be wearing an earpiece to funnel coaching to him?

If this info on Gov. Palin hits the MSM; what then?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm trying to find video of the very end of the debate on CNNN and/or CSPAN.

Source

I am hearing reports this morning that Palin was caught on a CNN camera removing what appeared to be a cell phone after the debate.

::::::::

On my way to work this morning I heard reports on the radio that some viewers of the debate last night saw Palin remove some sort of electronic device from under her coat after the debate was over. This was supposedly seen on CNN or C-SPAN.

The submitters stated that she left the stage empty-handed and, as she left the stage, reached under her coat and removed what appeared to be a cell phone with a wire dangling from it. Minutes later, as she approached her press conference you could supposedly see the wire wrapped around her hand.

I have the CNN Video loading...

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Initially I was convinced it was an earpiece but after searching the internet for photos I believe it's just a play on shadows and light:

Edit: internet photo from here.

[edit on 10/3/2008 by kinglizard]

link   
Oh for crying out loud!!

Ok here is the scoup on the earpiece folks.

Its called an "IFB"...its a little device that allows the one on camera to hear someone speaking to them. All news anchors on every single newscast wears one.

This was probably used so that her advisors could suggest answers to her. which is not a sneaky thing or anything to be concerned about. It is simply an aid so that when certian questions are asked she can get direct advice to answer. It would be the same as if someone were standing next to her or her opponent leaning over and wispering the suggestions.

No mysterious thing here. Even Biden had a IFB too.

Get over it.

Cheers!!!

link   
First off...

I DID NOT watch the debate on TV. I am Canadian and therefore not voting for either party.

However, just looking at the photos on page 1 of this post, It does appear that there is a small flesh coloured ear piece in Palin's right ear.

It is difficult to see at the resolution. However the ear canal appears to be "smoothed" over with a flesh coloured "earbud".

Wouldn't a typical ear canal be represented with a dark shadow denoting that it is a HOLE that goes into your head? No matter what kind of lighting they used you should be able to see this ear hole.

Sure the angles are not perfect, but that was intentional.

So until I see additional stills or footage that prove otherwise...

"...Palin wore a 'piece."

link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

definitley looks like some sort of earpeice with a wire going to the glasses.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Thought exercise for all of you. Imagine trying to look spontaneous while answering a question while waiting for someone to tell you the answer in an ear piece. And imagine trying to keep straight what you are trying to say while also keeping straight what you are trying to hear, all at the same time throughout the debate. I say it can't be done. Or if it can be, then I'm in awe of the person who pulls it off.

But it would be no problem to get keywords and have phrases memorized as it appeared she did. I'm not sure on the earpiece.....I think she would have been able to answer the questions if she had one. I did not see any of the famous "straight talk" we hear so much about.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

And, if you are looking for proof, don't quote/link to blogs like the DailyKos or Huffington Post. Folks will call you out for your liberal leanings, left wing spin. By that same token, don't quote Fox News, either; you'll get slammed for right wing spin. Just trying to save folks the headache.....

[edit on 10/3/2008 by skeptic1]

I despise going off topic...or following someone else who is tugging at my shirt sleeve to follow them off topic...HOWEVER...I will insert a quick OPED.

The job of researchers is to do just that...dig. Some folks dig by analyzing photo evidence (good for them for possessing that evolved skill). Others comb historic texts for contextual relevance. Others will look to unfiltered news sources ONLY...wait...an argument can be made that the vast majority of news sources have the bias of human opinion and are thusly tainted. Still others are willing to go sifting through the garbage in the hopes of finding a pearl.

My point is this. We (as a body) have/are quick to dismiss information based SOLEY on the source of the information, instead of adding the information to the larger data-set and analyzing the total pool of data. If the information is a statistical outlier, THEN get rid of it...

BTW, I've been around for a while. If I say something stupid and get flamed...then I earned it. If I get flamed because I sift through garbage in an attempt to SEE if this story is being picked up ANYWHERE else...then so be it.

Sorry about the tangent.

edit for typo

[edit on 3-10-2008 by jonke05]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'm trying to find video of the very end of the debate on CNNN and/or CSPAN.

Source

I am hearing reports this morning that Palin was caught on a CNN camera removing what appeared to be a cell phone after the debate.

::::::::

On my way to work this morning I heard reports on the radio that some viewers of the debate last night saw Palin remove some sort of electronic device from under her coat after the debate was over. This was supposedly seen on CNN or C-SPAN.

The submitters stated that she left the stage empty-handed and, as she left the stage, reached under her coat and removed what appeared to be a cell phone with a wire dangling from it. Minutes later, as she approached her press conference you could supposedly see the wire wrapped around her hand.

I have the CNN Video loading...

maybe her microphone? i'm playing both sides here. that was her audio hook up it looked to me like.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

LIve debate cannot be scripted. Unless that is what your expecting from the candidate when they win...a scripted leadership.

The earpice was an IFB, used by news anchors and is made so that it does not look like some huge thing sticking out of the ear. They are cosmetically matched to the person's ear for more reasons than just looks.

Sure she could memorize tips and such, but again a live debate cannot be scripted with pre-memorized answers to questions that are put onto the table in a live situation.

Biden had one too so its no big deal.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
The fact that Palin conspiracies are starting to crop could only mean that the lefties must really be afraid of her.
She must be a lot better than I originally thought.

Keep wishing bucko... I think Palin is a gift from god! BARACK H. OBAMA is greatful 2.
WE all LOVE HER!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Nice try, 'centurion'...as to your last sentence....

I think just about EVERY modern correspondant you have ever seen on camera has an eairpiece. They have to hear things there, if they are LIVE on camera, then it might be a Producer telling them something, where to look, etc. The TelePromtors certainly give them a clue as to which camera to look at, after every paragraph....

Airline pilots do it all the time....just takes a little practice to 'multi-task'!!

A pilot can be sitting there, while a Flight Atendant steps in and asks what they want to drink, and stilll listen for their 'call-sign'....and respond, then smoothly say "coffee, cream".

Sheesh!!! How many people TODAY know how to juggle a cellphone and a cup of coffee as they drive down the freeway? Much less margin of error, on the Highway, at freeway speeds....in a car.

Look....if you're just cruising along...no vehicles near you, then sure, eat a shandwich. BUT you don't juggle a sandwich and a cup of coffee while parallel parking....do you?

Point is....humans CAN multi-task. To infer that a person, standing still behind a podium, in a debate setting, could not think and listen at the same time is ludicrous.

Besides, EACH of them have written notes, you can clearly see them referring to them, as they cast their eyes downward.

Perhaps the earpieces (AND maybe they both had one) told them what to say....consider that!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Its called an "IFB" folks...ask any news anchor about it.

Cheers!!!!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join