It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Appears To Be Wearing an Earpiece During The Debate

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored
Palin may have froze up a bit when talking to that very scary reporter, Katie, but you have to keep in mind, she just had a freaking baby. That takes a lot out of a woman. And for her to be up there and going as strong as she is, STILL? She's won my respect.

I seriously doubt she needs an earpiece. If she DID have one in, knowing her, she probably would have disagreed with anything prompted into it anyway. The woman's a genius.

Palin just had a baby so her inability in that interview to answer any question intelligently is forgotten and we're calling her a genius? Um, what?

Where in the interview was Katie this "very scary" reporter you speak of? Because she asked Palin to name one magazine she has read ever?

Well if she won your respect it appears people need to meet very little requirements to do so, apparently they just need to have given birth recently.

So wait you are saying you don't think she had an ear piece, but if she did she wouldn't listen to it? Why use one in the first place then? You seem to be defending her no matter what the situation or conclusion that comes from this.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by philjwolf
reply to post by Stormdancer777

if anyone would need an earpiece .. it would be Biden.. his offhanded unthinking remarks has gotten him into more trouble over the years.. it was just earlier in the campaign that he was blasted for racial remarks while he was still a presidential candidate.. something about obama being a clean articulate black man.. ?? evidently him and obama kissed and made up.. but he has the record of letting his mouth run.. before thinking about what he says.. I say if there was a earpiece needed .. Biden had it.

yea some have noticed, lol
The Biden Error/Lie/Hallucination List
campaignspot.nationalreview.com...

[edit on 123131p://bFriday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Has anyone here ever gone deer hunting? What she has in her ear looks just like the DSP earpiece I use when I go dear hunting. It filters out ambient inteference and aplifies the sounds that are directed to you.
So, yes it looks like she has an earpiece and it looks like a hearing improvement device. I applaud her for wanting to hear the questions and comments more thouroughly.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This thread has no value whatsoever. It is meaningless. If this is the sort of thing you base your votes on; please don't vote.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

...but you have to keep in mind, she just had a freaking baby. That takes a lot out of a woman.

Please, many women have babies and get right back to work as soon as possible. In fact, Palin did as well - I think in something like three days. I hardly think her performance would be affected by that .

I agree. She's truly "gifted". If you've got it, use it, and she does. She does a great job. She's truly "driven" and that's a gift from God. She uses her talent well. McCain made a great choice when he picked her. I really like him for doing so. That decision really changed my opinion of him and Obama's...changed my opinion of him.

On TOPIC: I read they are searched and it's impossible for her to have worn an earpiece? Is that right?

BTW, it's so nice that there are actually people on this forum who do NOT twist words around, just because they disagree with the other forum posters.
Thank you for that.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by mmariebored]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by philjwolf
reply to post by Stormdancer777

if anyone would need an earpiece .. it would be Biden.. his offhanded unthinking remarks has gotten him into more trouble over the years.. it was just earlier in the campaign that he was blasted for racial remarks while he was still a presidential candidate.. something about obama being a clean articulate black man.. ?? evidently him and obama kissed and made up.. but he has the record of letting his mouth run.. before thinking about what he says.. I say if there was a earpiece needed .. Biden had it.

yea some have noticed, lol
The Biden Error/Lie/Hallucination List

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

List of fourteen lies by Biden?

You be the judge.

I know why he looked so stressed,

His earpiece malfunctioned,

I would vote for Palin in a heartbeat , not McCain, but Palin, there, I said it.

This link is to a conservative site and it says this in the posting:

Content from external source:

Below, you’ll find a list of 14 “lies” Biden told last night, distributed by the McCain campaign.

I'd like to see another source supporting these claims, one that points out Palin's lies last night as well.

You know the McCain campaign lies a lot lately right? That is why I ask for another source.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I just had another thought to prove I'm not too biased pertaining to the OP, seeing as how Gov. Palin is a women with long hair, if there was a need for an ear piece, why not just style her hair to cover it?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zlots331
I just had another thought to prove I'm not too biased pertaining to the OP, seeing as how Gov. Palin is a women with long hair, if there was a need for an ear piece, why not just style her hair to cover it?

That’s a good point. Doesn’t mean she didn’t wear one however she is a long haired woman, which seems like an obvious choice to hide an ear piece that would have prevented the detection of the ear piece well.

link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Fact Check VP Debate

Here's the FactCheck.org list on the debate.

link   

That's the most significant angle and best resolution shot I can muster without having a method to directly digitize the recorded program.

While this is better, I don't think the nature of the lighting and highlights/shadows helps the argument in either direction. The "anomaly" that appears to be an earpiece could just as easily be explained by the highlights and shadows of the intense studio lights.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Divide and Conquer!

We really need to put aside all of this partisan bickering and concentrate on what is important.

Healthcare
Immigration
Economy
Globalization
Warmongering/Imperialism
Poverty
Job Creation
Infrastructure
Corruption and Greed

We really need to stop fighting amongst each other and start putting forth real solutions to the many issues that face US all.

“An Injustice to one is an injustice to all”

Divide and Conquer! A military strategy used to divide and then conquer.

“Art of War”

This strategy has been used for centuries!

Pitting One Party against the other is by definition Divide and Conquer!
Pitting One Citizen against another is by definition Divide and Conquer!

“Stay informed we are all in this together”

Sincerely

Citizens Supporting Humanity

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Simple typo. I don't think I mispelled it anywhere else did I? At least now you looked it up and know a little more than before. Please read more about the candidate you support and about the responses re the Hamas.
My point remains that the GOP candidates can't ride the coat tails of someone they say was inexperienced unless they are a Rhode Scholar themselves.

What about the ear piece? Have you looked?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Back on topic...some blogs are making note of some "strangeness"...

www.dailykos.com...

I'm wondering if anyone that recorded the event can find something better than what was posted on youtube?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Oh, it's all clear to me now...you like Obama.

I got ya.

Did Palin teach you how to give those non-answers?

Honestly, why do people on this site no longer want to address any issue involving a candidate; instead they just try to call out the other person's possible political loyalties? Why are people having trouble supporting their own words in regard to their candidate so badly that they have to drag another politician into it? Could you address what I asked you? Why is my political affiliation even relevant? I asked you some simple questions, one expects simple answers…

[edit on 3-10-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I think the white part on the stem of her glasses is a reflection of the light.

As for her ear....difficult to tell. It could just as easily be a distortion from enlarging the frame, pixelation, light/shadow play, or it could just be a really odd ear structure.

I don't see (and in searching the net) and haven't found any hard proof that she was wearing an earpiece.

It's still all speculation now; nothing definite.

And, if you are looking for proof, don't quote/link to blogs like the DailyKos or Huffington Post. Folks will call you out for your liberal leanings, left wing spin. By that same token, don't quote Fox News, either; you'll get slammed for right wing spin. Just trying to save folks the headache.....

[edit on 10/3/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1

Fact Check VP Debate

Here's the FactCheck.org list on the debate.

Thank you skeptic1. Appreciate it.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
This thread has no value whatsoever. It is meaningless. If this is the sort of thing you base your votes on; please don't vote.

Smartest post in the entire thread.

And thanks SO for your continued effort to solve the earpiece mystery, and perhaps end the misery.

I wonder if any statement will be made by her people in regards to the earpiece.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Palin may have froze up a bit when talking to that very scary reporter, Katie, but you have to keep in mind, she just had a freaking baby. That takes a lot out of a woman. And for her to be up there and going as strong as she is, STILL? She's won my respect.

I seriously doubt she needs an earpiece. If she DID have one in, knowing her, she probably would have disagreed with anything prompted into it anyway. The woman's a genius.

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it. Looking through all the back and forth on this earpiece was getting monotonous, and to then read what you wrote. So thank you.

Just so you know, I doubt that the birth of her 'freaking baby' almost 6 months ago had anything to do with the quality of her responses to that Monster, Katie Couric. I find it hard to imagine that she would suddenly wilt under the pressure from Katie Couric, but was unflappable while hiding her entire pregnancy, flying on a plane while in labor, taking care of a newborn, all while trying to lead the State of Alaska. You have to admit that she didn't know up from down, a journalism major unable to name one source where she gets her news from...

In regard to the earpiece in question, and your claim that she 'used' it but didn't, because she is a genius and refused the prompts into her ear, I find that laughable. Not because you call her a genius, although I beg to differ to such a degree that we are polar opposites. No, it is the claim that one would risk the public ridicule to use an earpiece, but then reject the help is asinine. No one in their right mind would put themselves in that position, cheating, but not cheating. She either cheated, or she didn't. But she certainly did not use an earpiece, but reject the information coming across.

In regard to the conspiracy theory presented here regarding Sarah Palin's possible use of an earpiece, so far the evidence that I have seen leads me to believe that the McCain campaign possibly conspired to cheat in the Vice Presidential Debate. The evidence I found my belief on is the photographic evidence presented here in this thread, but also the way in which Sarah Palin's responses sounded scripted, and more often than not, were off topic for the moderator's question. Also, the circumstantial anecdotes presented here regarding Reuters demands for searches of the candidates, leads me to believe that their was some prior questions to the intent of the candidates to cheat and use earpieces. Either that, or the contention was planted in order to draw attention away from Palin's use of the earpiece.

Sadly, if in fact Sarah Palin was using an earpiece, it is damning to her ticket. It would completely compound the apprehension about her readiness for the world stage, and her ability to lead, making her ticket unelectable in November.

It seems the choice of Palin as his Vice Presidential running mate will be the only executive decision John McCain will ever make.

He won't be making any as President.
DocMoreau

(edit for grammar)

[edit on 3/10/2008 by DocMoreau]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join