It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Appears To Be Wearing an Earpiece During The Debate

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

That is very fair of you, sos, case closed,

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Looking at the picture I still can't tell if it's an earpiece or just a freaky looking ear.
I don't think libs should start disqualifying candidates based on freaky looking ears.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
things I noticed rewatching the debate.

- I did not see a good clear shot of that right ear, any shots of it were from the Biden-cam which were long distance on her.

- She did not shift her eyes when answering some questions, Biden was looking all over the place. When people think on the fly their eyes move a lot. When people recite they keep their eyes fairly focused. Take a look at her climate change answer.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

She was a news/sportscaster, she knows how to do this.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It may be , it just may be, she is not as stupid as some want to believe?

yes?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Lol the fact is HE is. Soz put your right wing opinions aside.

I don't like him at all. But the fact is he's more experienced than either Palin or Obama. He the most knowledgable on Foriegn policy. He's well educated, far older than both. He is cunning and he doesnt' need an earpiece.

So cut the nonsense Soz. He could also have an earpiece, but honestly he doesnt need one. I've seen him many times stand to his own views and opinions on even the most controversial of topics. He even doesnt has the same views on things Obama stands on in some cases. No one is disputing that he or anyone can make blunders, that is not the topic.

This is the reality, ready for it.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

You're right about that. During the Couric interviews her head and gaze were bobbing all over the place and she is prone to gesturing. But last night her head was very tense and she displayed very little gesturing.

Another thing that strikes me is how when Biden would be answering, she would be looking down, very focused and grinning like she just had an idea or a thought (maybe given in her earpiece?), not really that she was listening to him. And then the things she would counter back to him were usually unrelated to the immediate question at hand. Often one response behind...Like a delayed reaction?

I'm not sure about this one, but it is curious.

[edit on 3/10/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't see why you all sound so surprised that Palin would be wearing an earpiece. You've all, no doubt, seen that she's entirely unqualified to act in any political capacity and you only need to watch her on television and listen to her manner to know that she hasn't got the faintest idea what she has let McSame pull her into.
It's not surprising to me that someone with no experience, no qualification and absolutely no clue at all would be taking her queues from someone who does behind the scenes.

link   
S.O. -

Given that there seems to be a credible question (at this point); and there seems to be some level of external support for this posit (in the form of screen-scrapes off an HD feed)...

Other than jumping up and down and yelling loudly at passing clouds, is there a game-plan/protocol for funneling this to another news-reporting agency?

Just curious.

edit to correct poor typing....

[edit on 3-10-2008 by jonke05]

link   
This story has been dugg:

digg.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I just rewatched and i noticed that there are only wide shots of her questionable ear.
I also see the earpiece clipped to the glasses. Im not gonna say "Palin had an earpiece" because i myself, have no concrete proof. But my eyes see one there, and at times its pretty obvious, i wonder what Biden thought when he saw it (if he did).
If that is indeed a earpiece to receive information from the gain and upper hand in the debate, well, its pretty sad, really.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

if anyone would need an earpiece .. it would be Biden.. his offhanded unthinking remarks has gotten him into more trouble over the years.. it was just earlier in the campaign that he was blasted for racial remarks while he was still a presidential candidate.. something about obama being a clean articulate black man.. ?? evidently him and obama kissed and made up.. but he has the record of letting his mouth run.. before thinking about what he says.. I say if there was a earpiece needed .. Biden had it.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
look I think its totally plausible that she had an ear piece. I am not a pro obama or biden but her replies were so weak and so horrible that if she had the ear piece she wasnt using it. If they are gonna go to such extremes to use on you would think she would have replied better. I do though agree that her couric interview seemed more natural with head movements and the debate she was more tense, one thing also to not is that the two pulpits were at an angle to each other so that would help confiscate the view of her right ear from not only cameras but also the audience.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by feanorthedude

That is what keeps my skeptic hat on...wouldn't Biden or Iffil have noticed it? Especially after the debate when they were all chatting.

Also the Candidates had an opportunity to tour the stage before the debate. It seems to me that, if it is an earpiece, it would have been better to put it in the other ear. She walked out on stage with the piece facing the audience and most of her head shots were from that perspective as well.

If it is an earpiece, they didn't think through the logistics very well.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
According to Brit Hume, quoting Reuters, the candidates were searched prior to the debate.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Palin may have froze up a bit when talking to that very scary reporter, Katie, but you have to keep in mind, she just had a freaking baby. That takes a lot out of a woman. And for her to be up there and going as strong as she is, STILL? She's won my respect.

I seriously doubt she needs an earpiece. If she DID have one in, knowing her, she probably would have disagreed with anything prompted into it anyway. The woman's a genius.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 911fnord

I get what you are saying now about the podium angled that side of her head toward the back of the stage.

Another thing that was awkward was when they came out onto the stage, she was a flurry of motion, kind of in a dither. So much so that for moment Biden looked confused by her actions. She did not really slow down to greet and look in command of herself until she turned to Biden and asked if she could call him Joe. Maybe she was trying to position the earpiece away from the crowd before she paused to greet.

[edit on 3/10/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by slywhite

But you know what? If that's all you've got to attack Palin with, then that just reaffirms that she did a stellar job last night and you've got no ammo to shoot bunch a bunch of crap.

having no bias on this i would like to offer my opinion. Biden was drab, and drudgery; except for the one time he showed emotion about his deceased wife, he never reached me as a voter; but answered his questions fully.
Palin was such an underdog all week after the Couric interview that as long as she made complete sentences and spoke english instead of eskimo a lot would consider it "Stellar". but i feel it was a lot of "don't point backwards, that's not the way we'll do it (i won't tell you how we WILL do things either though) "gosh darns" and "you bet'chas" on her part. I can't think of anything either candidate did that really grabbed me at all; but IMHO Biden did slightly better just because his answers had more depth. IF, i say IF, she was told the questions ahead of time: she would have gave better answers that had more substance, so i count that out completely. IF someone was telling her what to say in a earpiece, they should be fired, because THEN THEY were giving generic answers to her, so i can't believe that either. This election is like choosing the gas chamber or the electric chair, and last night Biden was probably one of those as compared to say getting hung.
my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored
...but you have to keep in mind, she just had a freaking baby. That takes a lot out of a woman.

Please, many women have babies and get right back to work as soon as possible. In fact, Palin did as well - I think in something like three days. I hardly think her performance would be affected by that .

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by slywhite
HE WAS A FREAKIN RHOADES SCHOLAR FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!!! Educate yourself if you're not sure what any of this means. [edit on 3-10-2008 by slywhite]

You can educate yourself, as well. And I'll help you out. We can start off with it's actually "Rhodes Scholar", not "Rhoades Scholar".

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join