It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Fossett Items Found in Mammoth Lakes, CA: FAA ID Cards?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I understand the article of clothing was a jacket.

I wonder if the FAA ID - pilots license? - the two laminated cards and cash were found in the jacket?

Makes sense otherwise the stuff would have been widely scattered by the mountain winds and weather.

Fwiw, it is difficult to find aircraft in the forest.

Many times someone simply stumbles onto them and in a case a few years back, the pilot, sidearm and all the rest including the prop era fighter were found in either the Angeles National Forest or Los Padres National Forest.

L.A and Ventura counties in California fwiw.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Here is the CNN report.

CNN Report

A weathered sweat shirt, cash and a pilot's certificate with Fossett's name were found Tuesday near Mammoth Lakes, police Chief Randy Schienle said. The certificate did not have a photo, he said. "We're not certain that it belongs to Steve Fossett, but it certainly has his name on the ID," Schienle said. Fossett, who was 63, was last seen on the morning of September 3, 2007, when he took off from the Flying-M Ranch outside Minden, Nevada, in a single-engine plane. He said he was embarking on a pleasure flight over the Sierra Nevada mountain range. A judge declared Fossett legally dead in February. No plane wreckage has been found, but a multi-jurisdictional team would return to the area of the discovery to search by air and on foot, Schienle said. Video

I read some time ago a rancher saw him 100 feet off the deck. That is too low for anything but a landing or screwing the pooch. I do not remember where that was though. It could have been anyone with a similar aircraft too.

All conspiracy aside, the wreckage could be near by and still be out of sight from the air or the ground depending on terrain or tree cover. If however the "light debris" paper and clothing where thrown, that means a breach of the pilots cabin at some point.

I prefer not to speculate further without more on-the-ground search results. It might take some time.

I'm not betting on Stargates or a faked documents scene. If Fossett wanted to escape his life, he could have found many better ways, and would have known better places to toss bogus decoys likely. And a porthole to another universe would not require you to take off your clothes and empty your pockets.

ZG

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I think it would fun to bring cash to another planet. I would kind of like how when we come back from going abroad we have pockets full of "Bolivars" or "Yen".

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I might be missing something here but doesn't Whitmore airfield have a radar?

(I'm assuming its whitmore since I'm using Google and thats the closest thing to the strip...)

It literally looks to be right next door so how the hell didn't they spot him?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absence of Self
I might be missing something here but doesn't Whitmore airfield have a radar?

(I'm assuming its whitmore since I'm using Google and thats the closest thing to the strip...)

It literally looks to be right next door so how the hell didn't they spot him?

Here are all the local Mono County airports. I don't know which ones have active radar or get their data from alternate sources.

I was near the main FAA facility for the San Francisco Bay Area, and the smaller and larger airports use theirs. Remote might piggy back from military, but I don't know.

Bryant Field Airport , Mono Co., Bridgeport, 6468 feet 38.263ºN 119.223ºW

Lee Vining Airport, Mono Co., Lee Vining, 6780 feet 37.958ºN 119.107ºW

Mammoth Lakes Airport, Mono Co., Convict Lake, 7108 feet 37.624ºN 118.840ºW

Mammoth-June Lake Airport, Mono Co., Whitmore Hot Springs, 7137 feet 37.627ºN 118.850ºW

Mono General Hospital Heliport , Mono Co., Bridgeport, 6468 feet 38.253ºN 119.232ºW

United States Forest Service Heliport, Mono Co., Mount Jackson, 6655 feet 38.272ºN 119.289ºW

ZG

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Do all airports with radar keep data logs similar to the way stores keep
video of everything? Maybe some of those airports need to have their
logs from the day Steve disappeared examined.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by carewemust]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
This sound like a creepy twilight zone and actually gives me the chills.
Fosset was a millionaire. I imagine many millionaires carry a g on them like pocket change. No blood on items. Wild animals probably rules out.

Dropped in one place. Doubly creepy.

It has been a strange case. And continues to get stranger.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I read the article posted on another thread that stated the hiker who found the materials did not know who Fossett was or the man missing story.

The money and Ids were together in some brush. He when back another day to continue searching and found the shirt which may or may not belong to Fossett.

Almost sounds like he survived and was moving but, as others have said, animals or other factors could be the cause.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The thing is. He had a gps locator on his tripped out watch. Certainly he could have managed to activate that is he survived the crash.

Also dyslexic on the keyboard. Bonus.

[edit on 10/1/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
The thing is. He had a gps locator on his tripped out watch. Certainly he could have managed to activate that is he survived the crash.

Also dyslexic on the keyboard. Bonus.

Yes..how true! He probably had a cell phone with him too. We know
that federal law enforcement tracks and nabs suspects who forget to
turn off their cellphones between calls. Unless Steve's cell was
fatally damaged in the crash, he should have been located in that way
too. Did the FBI or CIA get involved in the search? I don't remember.
-cwm

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I think the answer is obvious. When they fired up CERN his stuff popped out of a wormhole in the Sierra Nevada's. Geeze, do I have to do all the thinking

He will most certainly fly down from the giant spaceship on the 14th. It's obvious what's going on here. He is up there prepping the ship for the Bush family.

You don't think they will hang around for 2012 do ya? They all have ranches on the Moon and Mars to go to before Niburu trashes the Earth. Heck they probably have an estate on Niburu.

Time to break out the bubble wrap suits, sleep under pyramids and rub those crystals till they shine folks. Its all over now!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is the area where the items were found -

If he crashed into one of the lakes, I think that would explain the electronics not functioning. With the brutal winters they would be lucky to find his body after this long. By now the rodents would have done away with even the bones.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

That is some nasty terrain there. Imagine trying to walk out of that injured or lost.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I think the answer is obvious. When they fired up CERN his stuff popped out of a wormhole in the Sierra Nevada's. Geeze, do I have to do all the thinking

He will most certainly fly down from the giant spaceship on the 14th. It's obvious what's going on here. He is up there prepping the ship for the Bush family.

You don't think they will hang around for 2012 do ya? They all have ranches on the Moon and Mars to go to before Niburu trashes the Earth. Heck they probably have an estate on Niburu.

Time to break out the bubble wrap suits, sleep under pyramids and rub those crystals till they shine folks. Its all over now!

Quite consequentially, the bowl of petunias merely thought "Oh no not again" and if we understand that, we are closer to understanding the universe.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
None of the airport in the area have a radar.
And if he was flying low any military radars that cover that area would not have picked him up.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Oh God. Here she comes again. Another stem clipping water change and that infernal fertilizer in that tiny pouch. Is there no justice.

If I had at least heard his wallet was chewed thru, some blood spots on his cards, I'd be better able to put this in perspective.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I don't buy it.
To convenient.
Why would they find just that instead of the plane wreckage?
I don't know why he wanted to disappear or if that is even the case but from what ive read he had some troubling financial issues.
That his life insurance would certainly take care of.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DisabledVet

Some of my favorite books
Thanks for the fish.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I was not aware of the financial issues. His wife did push kind of hard on getting him declared deceased.

He is probably in Maui with some plastic surgery laughing his .... off.

Or in England working as Sir Brandons new gardener.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
At any rate, it will be interesting to see what the chemical analysis
of his belongings turns up..if anything. A forensic analysis should
be able to tell us if he crashed into a lake, if there are traces
of blood, and how long those items have been exposed to the
elements. We'll know more in a week or so if his belongings
are properly tested for clues.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join