It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

awesome Christians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I love the ATS BTS for its faith forums. I love defending my faith as well as puting down what God has tot me. Plus I like hereing what other christian say. There is so much info in for christians its not funny. different points of view. Now and then I even pray for the christian on ATS and BTS. Not only that I even pray for madness soul something a athesis which I am share you here about. I been on the ATS and BTS for about two years now defending our faith. And I think its a blessing to have brother and sister like all you. Not to mention QueenANN is a blessing to. God bless and hope that all you sty here on the ATS and BTS to dfend our faith. Cuz there are alot of those that dont like us and our faith and the try to destroy what we have. We need christian on the ATS and BTS to help defend our faith.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
((((hugs)))) everyone!
If it weren't for you all, I probably wouldn't still be here on ATS.
I am not a big social-type person. I don't phone friends, much. I don't e-mail anyone, except my sister.
My family gets most of my attention.
I just don't feel the need for lots of friends.
I know the Bible says those who show themselves friendly have friends!
I have lots of neighbors and people I do stuff for, but, I don't care if they call me everyday or come over every weekend.
Maybe I'm a bit weird.

Also, I LOVE seeing you guys go against the mainstream!!!
Used to, it seemed that atheists and God-haters made thread after thread about how stupid we were, UN-CHALLENGED, but, since ya'll have been here, Ash, Drevill, whitewave,
Jesusistruth, pause4thought, Orangetom, Noturtypical, slymattb, pureevill and SO many others(Hollywood, Bigwhammy, Conspiriology, Miriam, Oldthinker, etc....) I can see the difference around here! and I can back off threads, knowing that they're in good hands!

Orangetom, BEAUTIFUL POST!!!! Maybe, we ought to have a Saturday or Sunday 'Chapel'! ???
Also, for Whitewave, let's pray for that friend of hers in trouble!!!

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
" i don't have many friends "

" maybee I am weird "

No saintly.

Many saints had very little friends because they gave all their time to God. Friends can sort of lead you away from God if you are constantly hanging together.

Many saints were removed fom their friends to spend more time with God. This is why they went in solitude and off to monasteries.

God is everywhere and some love contemplation, which is silence and being in Gods presence.

that is a GOOD attribute by you clearskies. very good. But you need to go further with it and try and become a saint fast and increase in your virtues and prayer life.

peace.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

beautiful post, im speechless. nothing else to say, that was awesome.

star from me.

peace

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Yeah, that's a big part of it.
Everytime I've found a girlfriend, (as my whole family is male at home)
it seems kind of wasteful of my time and energy. I'll help whenever there is a need and I can, but the whole shopping, gossiping and bonding is useless to me.

I used to fast a lot more.
Now, I rarely ever do it.
:shk:
I get headaches and am more easily distracted.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I love you too Clearskies. You all encourage me, and sometimes we all disagree on certain matters of the Christian faith, but it's an opportunity to step into someone else's shoes for a minute.

And I can firmly see now why "Iron sharpens iron". Quite often at church I go, hear the sermon, and don't really have a chance to discuss doctrine. I love this site, and I'm kinda shy in real life, I see this as an opportunity to witness to the lost, I'm not shy with a keyboard!!!!

I think many of you can say amen to that. lol

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
" I am not shy with a keyboard "

This is the truth. It's because in person we get too nervous to articulate our opinions and distractions make us lose thought.

and shyness is a VERY good sign. Alot of saints were shy and sensitive. So you souls have very good artributes. I used to be the same way.

peace.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81
Originally posted by pause4thought

(I daresay you'll help remove any excessive smugness that has crept into the thread.
)

not sure what that meant?

Just a subtle compliment. Contrary to your stated concern that I was just being nice in saying that I appreciate your posts, I'd read between the lines and seen that you are sincere enough not to pretend you accept something just to sound 'orthodox'. You have a questioning mind plus a desire to seek further truth - you're not a 'I've got it all sorted'-type of person. That reflects humility, and is a sign of grace, I believe.

What you then said illustrates my point:

i believe there is a hell, i believe jesus is the messiah, and i believe we are near the end times.im pretty keen on the contraversies of the bible, so lets just say i have my own views that arent mainstream in the least, but on the other hand i never frown upon anyone elses point of view, i actually embrace other peoples opinions.

I just anticipated that you wouldn't come in saying "I agree with everything you lot say". As expected, you came in with words of faith plus a little proviso that cut through any hint of smugness. Nice going.

Originally posted by drevill

If i could gather you all together i would give you all a big hug and say thankyou to you all. Most of I thank the Lord who places us where he requires us.

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

And I can firmly see now why "Iron sharpens iron".

Seeing as we've all been blessed & encouraged by each other will you please excuse me while I just raise a quick "Hallelujah!"

Sorry, I just had to get it out of my system.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
its weird, i can actually feel the love from these last few posts here, literally giving me goosebumps. good posts people. its been encouraging.

this sure beats the heck out of " nuh uh that is not what that passage meant "

peace

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

hello there

I know how you feel

i have no friends that do anything with but i thank the Lord for that. I find it very hard to speak in person with people im not familiar with. The people i do know are not Christian.

I would like to be able to be a lot more open with other Christians than i am with others but its hard for me (past etc)

but i love speaking to you all on here.

david

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

I would like to be able to be a lot more open with other Christians than i am with others but its hard for me (past etc)

Well brother, just try to let all your past go, to forgive those who wronged you. We're called to forgive just the same as we expect God to forgive us. I had a VERY similar situation, and I just had to give that pain up. (My children were taken from me by an ex, long story), but for so many years I held a bitter grudge on her and an aunt and uncle who helped her....

You just have to forgive and forget, to turn your pain over to the Lord, and forgive them that wronged you just as you expect God to forgive you. I promise you that you will fell so much relief, you don't have to grieve and have that pain anymore. And that is what satan wants of you, for you to still hurt, to still hold a grudge, to still harbor unforgiveness and pain. Don't let him win my brother.

Just let it go, forgive. You'll fell so much relief. Find a non-denominational church to attend, I look forward to church every week. It's powerful to know that you are in the presence of the Lord every Sunday, He promises that where ever two or more are gathered in His name He is there in the midst.

It's unbelievable power.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81
its weird, i can actually feel the love from these last few posts here, literally giving me goosebumps. good posts people. its been encouraging.

this sure beats the heck out of " nuh uh that is not what that passage meant "

peace

Amen brother, when we have the Lord Jesus Christ as our savior, we are all one, one in spirit. We're all different, but one!

If you have the Lord, you are my friend, you are my brother, and I love you as Christ loved us first.

Amen, and God Bless.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

hello there

i think your user name has thrown me sometimes, sorry

david

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

hello

i think im looking for a real Bible Church.

i dont find them as i believe the sabbath should be observed and the friday sundown to Sat sundown.

you just don't find it. To be honest im just interested in meeting at someones home every now and again.

oh i don't drive either

on the forgiving, i have but i guess the skills haven't been learnt to open up. Good advice though.

Im not sure how i am perceived here online but in person i have an inferiority complex and a lack of self esteem.

hey ho one for the internet.

david

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by drevill

hello there

i think your user name has thrown me sometimes, sorry

david

I'm sure pure can speak for himself, dave. However I couldn't help wondering how he reacts to your user name: Dr. Evill

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

no reason to apolagize, but my username has thrown alot of people apparently. which is odd because this thread is about awesome christians right. so how could an " awesome christian " be thrown off by a username.

im not sure how that works drevill, oh wait a second, was the pot calling the kettle black, dr evill, :bash:

anyway im just goofin around brother. we are all on the same side here.
the " CRAZY CHRISTIAN
" side.

i dont really call myself a christian anymore, i dont like the label. i guess thats the biggest problem i have with religion, is the labels.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

mmm

never thought of it from another persons point of view, my name is David Revill

sorry everyone

david

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

fairy snuff

labels aren't always a good thing, I don't like being called religious

it is a bit of a mouthful to say something like, non denominational fundamental conservative Bible believing Christian.

Im happy to say Christian as, generally, I feel that everyone knows what side im on then.

david

[edit on 2-10-2008 by drevill]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

i see your point david revill, how about no labels at all, should we really have to pick between christian and non denominational evangelistic bible beleiving person such and such. how about.......

well really i did not think this one through, so maybe your right.

anyway.... take care.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It be honest I thinks its great to see alot of you here spreading the word. Alot of you where not here before and I remember thinking that there needed to be more christian to help defend the faith here. I remember thinking that athesis where trying to run us off or something. Sometimes its hard to fight people like madnessinmysoul or others. I know the bible but I am not world smart. and people like this need world smart and scripture to help fight against these people. I remember when Queenann posted more and she was a great faith believer and knowledgable against these people. Its great to see more christian loyal to the ATS and BTS. But I also think that we should remember that the fight is outside. Its all around us. God directs us to those we need to talk to. Dont forget that preaching the word is better than writing the word. God bless all of you. I dont have any friends in christianity, and those that I call passer by friends that are christian, faith is not as good as mine or they're not knowledgalble. I need people here at the ATS and BTS to help lift my spirits.

Truth be told once or twice I came to the ATS and BTS for a spiritual up lifting and my soul was sad or my faith was weak. And some of you people weather you realize it or not have help remind me the truth. I see alot of evil with no one really around me to help. Thank you all. All the christian here at the ATS and BTS. I pray that you all stay and post and remember that someone is watching and reading. . God bless, words cant express the up lifting here at the ATS and BTS thank you god bless. And know that I pray for all of you!!!!!!!!!!1

[edit on 2-10-2008 by slymattb]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join