It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

awesome Christians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hello all,

I would just like to say that over that last couple of weeks, i have come to realise that the Christians here have so much to offer each other.

There are those that are strong in areas that myself and others are less developed. Some are great with Creation, some with Bible history, textual criticism, humility, love for others and out Lord. Some are great at ministering and prayer

This site is great for correction and learning, i have learnt so much, and I thank the lord for this. It is a wonderful source of uplifting, encouragment and fellowship.

I do not go to a church but if all churches had Christians like you it would be fantastic.

Do we and shall we always agree? NO! but this is a blessing in itself to me as it makes me look closer at scripture and learn from others the truths that have not been revealed to me before by our Lord God.

If i could gather you all together i would give you all a big hug and say thankyou to you all. Most of I thank the Lord who places us where he requires us.

God bless and take care

David

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
One of the many things I like about meeting with other Christians on a site like ATS is we can "meet" without bothering the non-believers (they can just skip a thread they don't like). There's a goodly amount of atheists to keep us from just patting each other on the back and they're free to chime in. We're not stuck with just one "preacher" and their limited knowledge; it's like a banquet-we all have our flavors to add. Everyone participates-no Laodecia (clergy-laity system) that's so unpopular with God.

We got shuffled off to BTS and further sequestered to the conspiracies in religion forum but that's ok. It's like we have our own room. LOL. I've gotten to know most of you here better than the people I attended church with (when I used to go to Sunday service). Plus, denying ignorance is actually encouraged here instead of a cause for ostracism. If we disagree on doctrinal issues, it's not considered a personal attack but an opportunity to investigate the scriptures.

There are those that keep me humble and those that keep me from being too bull-headed. There are some that educate, some to illuminate, some to emulate. There is encouragement, chastisement, fostering, wisdom and commaraderie.

Yeppers. The Church of BTS is alright in my book.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Sure and I am sure you are one of those christans that blesses America (founded on the corpses of 80.000.000 Indians) and has no prayers whatsoever for Palestinians, Iraqui's or Afghans. May Satan bless you Christian cretins.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

There are those that are strong in areas that myself and others are less developed. Some are great with Creation, some with Bible history, textual criticism, humility, love for others and out Lord. Some are great at ministering and prayer

It interesting you bring this up. And it is a Biblical truth!! These attributes that manifest themselves in different Christians are the different fruits of the Holy Spirit. Some Christians are good in one area, other Christians are good in others.

Fruits of the Spirit

And I agree with you brother, BTS and ATS has been a blessing for me, not just to defend my faith and witness to the lost, but to learn and sharpen my faith with other bright minded Christian men and women. So I can totally relate with your joy.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I agree, drevill!
I , too appreciate all the fellow Christians on this board for their patience, diligence and friendliness!
So many different views and areas of aptitude!
I get to interact a lot more with Christians than I do at church.
And like, Whitewave said, even when we disagree, it's not a hateful discussion!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I for one have learned alot from many of these souls. I am probably the only or one of the very few catholics on here so i disagree alot with people but like the last person said, not in a mean way.

Drevill God said in the end days he would raise up many saints full of zeal, humility, and smarts and wisdom like never seen before. You haven't even seen what is to come. it's gonna be amazing and full of sorrows at the same time, this coming time that is.

peace.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Are we not having church here right now....two or more gathered in His Name??

Hallelujah.

May His Light shine upon us. Lord have Mercy on us and guide us through our walk in this world. Grant us Your Wisdom and Strength that we may be a testament worthy to carry your name upon our lips... daily.

Amen.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

Absolutely! I LOVE the ATS/BTS Christians! Some of the best people I've ever met. We're all one family. Seriously, you guys truly are the salt of the earth and of ATS in my eyes and I love every single one of you.

It's you guys who make the comments like the Anonymous author (that won't be approved no doubt) worthwhile.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
ive never felt a very warm embracing presence from most of you to tell you the truth. but no doubt i have love for you all.

god bless

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

I can honestly say I've been blessed by some of your sincere, down to earth contributions & that I look forward to your posts.

I reckon you've got your head screwed on, even if you're trying to shake it off. (How about changing that avatar?
)

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

lol, nah i like the avatar, thanks man, im sure your just being nice in saying all that mushy stuff though i appreciate it none the less.

peace

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Nah that avatar just has a huge rat in his head, shaking it loose.

It reminds me of a movie I seen long time ago black sheep. The guy was head bangin, the fat guy, in the car.

peace.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

oh man, toeing up to the line line, jut so ya know, my avatar was voted sexiest rock hair.....

quit making fun of my avatar

head banging dave mustaine, best frontman ever, and he is technically a messianic jew, but he calls himself christian, so your making fun of another christian, thats bad mojo :shk:

peace

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I have to admit I have a problem with the avatar, being familiar with the circumstances surrounding the clip. In the aftermath of a show-stopping solo, Mustaine was sweating so profusely the moisture got into his instrument's lead socket, sending enough ampage up his arms to cause whiplash convulsions. Thinking it was part of the act, the crowd went wild.

Back on topic: the best thing about drevill's OP is that it brings home one of the strengths of a forum such as this - no-one is asking anyone else what denomination they hail from. We simply recognise the grace of God in each other. Funny how in the real world people so often feel the need to huddle together with those who see things in exactly the same way. Going on the evidence in here a lot of those barriers could (and should) be removed out there.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

i know what youre talking about, but are you sure it was from this clip, and if so, how do you know?

and for the other part of your post, yes there are alot of walls that need to be moved, i have already tore down mine

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The only Physical interaction with Christians i get is Heathers family.

Bit of a shame. Last church we tried was a Seventh Day Adventist but just wasn't right.

id be interested in a home church with no hierarchy, a get together, pray and chat about what God is doing, maybe a bible reading and discussion, non of the ive said and you agree stuff that i have been to before.

I do miss meeting other Christians

David

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

hello

im not sure what you beliefs are to be honest

can you lay them out?

david

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

i cant wait for his return.

oh the harmony and peace, its going to be fantastic.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

i know what youre talking about, but are you sure it was from this clip, and if so, how do you know?

U2Ud you. As for everyone else, let's just say I know about such things.

drevill has asked a good question. Why not show him your metal?

(I daresay you'll help remove any excessive smugness that has crept into the thread.
)

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Originally posted by pause4thought

(I daresay you'll help remove any excessive smugness that has crept into the thread.
)

not sure what that meant?

as for the U2U, just between us, right

drevill, i would love to lay out my beliefs for you, but my thoughts are always changing, and im always looking for more info on everything.
but i will try.

i believe there is a hell, i believe jesus is the messiah, and i believe we are near the end times.im pretty keen on the contraversies of the bible, so lets just say i have my own views that arent mainstream in the least, but on the other hand i never frown upon anyone elses point of view, i actually embrace other peoples opinions.

so if there is anything in particular i would happily answer any questions to what my views are, but laying what i believe out on the table would take a long time.

thank you to those of you that have stepped up to make me feel more welcome, i appreciate it, you guys are THE BOMB. i never say that but it seemed to fit

[edit on 1-10-2008 by pureevil81]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join