It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

777 pt dow drop when $700b bill fails in congress. Number/code theorists get your tin hats!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
As the headline itself reads: 777 point drop on day the 700 billion dollar "bail out" plan fails in the house of reps.

Personally I am sooooo ridiculously pissed the bill did not go thru-- if these banks cannot open a channel of liquidity they will fail massively and with that any chance of holding them responsible for years of embezzlement will go right down the drain. the 700 billion is not free money, it is all marked with very high interest rates which the banks will have to pay back, a fiscal punishment for their reckless engineering of Financial instruments destined to fall to pieces.

that, however is not what my post is about and I am going to ask politely that anyone posting a response refrain from analysis of the viability of the bill.

This is strictly being opened as a place to discuss a fanciful coincidence witnessed today in the market... as we have all pointed out quite accurately in hindsight, 9/11 and other significant world events within our lifetimes are often preceded by patterns and peculiarities surrounding things like numbers (think 9/11 itself- 911, the number of emergency) and the such.

And I of course, reading ATS for some time, have observed no shortage of number crunching theorists posting about the presence of 13, 33, 7, and other numbers of superstition and their involvement/prediction/proximity to major historical happenings.

So I'm just putting this out there--I'm not one of these number people and don't have the time to piece together any interesting relationship between them. Frankly, I'm a bit too tied up trying to find some way to recover the value of my securities portfolio. ugh.

In this spirit, I call all numbers people. *AHEM* "CALLING ALL NUMBERS PEOPLE." hahaha couldn't resist.

so anyone have any thoughts on this lovely day where 7 is king of the market?

700 billion dollar package fails. Market drops exactly 777 points. enjoy the chaos ladies and gentleman.

And let me say again- this thread has NOTHING to do with whether you agree with the package or not. I do, you may or may not- simply put, thats not the discussion were having here.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by chaeone86

PS- also, the decline in the Dow equaled 7%. thats 3 instances of 7 today

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yea, I was just going to post that? What could 777 mean for the future?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I definitely thought the 7's were prevalent today. The only thing I can point to is the October 7th predictions coming true.

Too many 7's today to be merely coincidental.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
hmm 7 is a lucky number, so we are lucky the market didn't drop more than 777
or we are lucky that the bail out failed?

just theories...you asked

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kingsnake

Luck is often a prize rewarded to one in their unexpected or unforeseen triumph over some form of adversity. In a world of many people, the lucky individual is often surrounded by several unlucky peers.

Of course, its hard to see any winners in today's market-- that is unless you trade options. Put options allow the contractor to sell a share in a company at a set sell price, with the goal being to purchase stocks when they're in the dump (ie today) after having already signed into put options at a much higher price (ie price a month ago).

say you have a 160 strike put on Goldman Sachs that you purchased in august for $800 set to expire October 18th. Buying the same put today would cost about $5,400. Now anyone holding an option can exercise or sell them--you would exercise the option by attaching the contract to shares owned (IE to exercise the GS 160 oct 08 Put, you would need 100 GS shares as each contract represents 100 of the underlying security)or, alternatively, you can simply sell the contract back to the market (usually for a little less than the price of manually exercising it yourself) and still make $800 into 5,400 in a little more than a month. these are all estimates/for the sake of example, but are actually rather accurate

so while today would be a most unlucky day for any vanilla trader or 401k/pension/mufu holder, it would be a fantastically lucky turn of events for those well-connected traders making death trades on high value stocks. take Fannie for example-- if you bought a 20 dollar put when the stock was worth 60, the cost would probably be ten dollars or less (verrrry cheap) as the market was indicating that the price would NEVER reach 20 let alone below. Lo an behold, the company hit 0. that 10 dollar put option just increased to $2000 in value (20 strike X100= 2000 sell when price hits zero)

My point in all this is that today, and over the past few weeks, I've noticed near historic levels of put trading at strikes far below the price of the underlying security. This means someone(s) out there believes very strongly companies will not only lose share value, but crumble to completely pathetic numbers. No one would purchase a put so "out of the money" unless they had a reason to believe sh*t was gonna fail...

Since options expire if unused, investing in "out of the money" options without forseeing a massive drop in prices is truly a waste. As an investor myself, let me tell any non-money folks out there- WE DO NOT WASTE MONEY.

anyhow, look at all the putting being done on the S&P today. if this 7 business is all about luck, then a lot of people are trying to get very lucky in this market!

Top Ten Most Active Index Options & Strikes
Posted on 9/29/2008 in Unusual Activity by The Options Insider
Top Ten Most Active Index Options & Strikes (SPX & VIX)

1. S&P 500 (SPX) Oct 1150 Puts: 56,426 contracts
2. S&P 500 (SPX) Oct 1000 Puts: 48,023 contracts
3. S&P 500 (SPX) Oct 1100 Puts: 44,105 contracts
4. S&P 500 (SPX) Oct 1075 Puts: 33,098 contracts
5. S&P 500 (SPX) Dec 1000 Puts: 31,986 contracts
6. S&P 500 (SPX) Oct 1050 Puts: 31,601 contracts
7. CBOE Volatility Index (VIX) Oct 30 Calls: 27,584 contracts
8. S&P 500 (SPX) Oct 950 Puts: 23,014 contracts
9. S&P 500 (SPX) Oct 1200 Calls: 22,436 contracts
10. S&P 500 (SPX) Dec 1150 Calls: 22,270 contracts

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
777 = JACKPOT

Pretty wierd, no doubt about it.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Ahh! lucky number seven. *reminices...

Bahá'í

* The mystical text "The Seven Valleys", by the Prophet-Founder Bahá'u'lláh, relates the journey of the soul through the seven "valleys" of Search, Love, Knowledge, Unity, Contentment, Wonderment, and finally True Poverty and Absolute Nothingness.

wiki 7

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This ties in with the following post on another ATs thread...

Webots Prediction For Oct, 7 2008.

Also of note, the Jewish holidays are coming up, so I think a revote wont happen until Monday the 6th of Oct, and guess what day the 7th falls on...a Tuesday!

This could be the day the market really melts down and global panic ensues. Especially if the bailout is defeated on Monday.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

You have also been folloing the sevens

Www.seventhcomplex.com

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

interesting. here are some religous/historical examples of 7 and its importance. enjoy!

Judaism
• A highly symbolic number in the Torah, alluding to the infusion of spirituality and Godliness into the creation. For example:
o God rested on and sanctified the seventh day (Shabbat). - Genesis 2:3. "Wisdom has built her house, she has hewn out her seven pillars." - Proverbs of Solomon son of David King of Israel 9:1
o A seven-day purification period is required for one who has become tamei to become tahor.
o The Shmita (Sabbatical) year arrives every seventh year.
o The Jubilee (Yovel) year comes after 7 times 7 years.
o The Counting of the Omer leading up to the Giving of the Torah is expressed as "7 times 7 weeks."
o There are 7 days of Passover and Sukkot when celebrated in Israel.
o Shiv`a (another pronunciation of the Hebrew word for 7—(Hebrew: שבעה ; "seven")), is the number of days of mourning. Hence, one sits Shiva. As in Shiva (Judaism)
• The weekly Torah portion is divided into seven aliyahs, and seven men or boys over the age of 13 are called up for the reading of these aliyahs during Shabbat morning services.
• The number of nations God told the Israelites they would displace when they entered the land of Israel (Deut. 7:1): the Hittite, the Girga#e, the Amorite, the Canaanite, the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite.
• The Israelites circled Jericho for 7 days and then the wall tumbled down.
• Yahweh or Jehovah is the divine name, whose letters' placed alphabetically equal 70, a product of the divine number 7.

Christianity
• The Seven Sacraments in the Catholic faith (though some traditions assign a different number).
• The Seven churches of Asia to which the "Book of Revelation" is addressed.
• The Seven Joys of the Virgin Mary, of Roman Catholic, Anglican, and other traditions.
• The Seven Sorrows of the Virgin Mary, of Roman Catholic, Anglican, and other traditions.
• The Seven last words (or seven last sayings) of Jesus on the cross.
• The Seven Virtues: chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, kindness, patience, and humility
• The Seven deadly sins: lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy, and pride.
• The seven terraces of Mount Purgatory (one per deadly sin).
• In the genealogy in the Gospel of Luke, Jesus is 77th in a direct line.
• The number of heads of the three beasts (7 \times; 10 \times; 7 + 7 × 10 × 10 + 7 × 10 = 1260) of the Book of Revelation, and of some other monsters, like the hydra and the number of seals.
• In the New Testament, the Gospel of Matthew 18:21, Jesus says to Peter to forgive seventy times seven times.[3]
• There are seven suicides mentioned in the Bible (OT and NT) [4]
Hinduism
• Seven Promises, Seven Rounds in Hindu Wedding and Seven Reincarnation
• As per Hindu mythology, there are seven worlds in the universe, seven seas in the world and seven Rishies (seven gurus) called sapta rishis.
• seven hills at tirumala also known as ezhu malaiyan means Sevenhills god
Islam
• The number of ayat in surat al-Fatiha.
• The number of heavens in Islamic tradition.
• The number of Earths in Islamic tradition.
• The number of fires in hell. i.e the 7 fires of hell.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingsnake
hmm 7 is a lucky number, so we are lucky the market didn't drop more than 777
or we are lucky that the bail out failed?

just theories...you asked

Nah, 8 is a lucky number for the Chinese, 7 is more good fortune/wish, not a proper hit on the horses. As for 777, is it a sign, oohhhh how we need signs........ might keep the economy in one piece a bit of faith and all of that......

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by chaeone86

7 is the number of completion. It is an extremely common number in the Bible and in Revelation there are 7 lampstands and there are 7 churches. Do a study on 7 in the Bible and you might be surprised what you find.

To me, this was a sign that God is in control, so don't flip out when your stocks take a nose dive. He is always in control, but this is going to get bad and bring a lot of people to their knees. When we're on our knees, Christ can raise us up.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I sure wasn't surprised to find ATS already had a thread going on this subject. It is so amazing that the stock market closed on -777.68 points with the failure of the 700 billion dollar bailout.

The failure occurred on the Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashanah. Actually it starts at Sundown of September 29th and ends October 1st. The Jewish leaders in congress cannot work during the Jewish holiday per its commands. The markets will have to wait until the holiday is over. The DJIA will probably fall to 7000 points by the time they get back.

As it was said before, the number 7 is the most important number in the Torah. Ben Stein said on Larry King Live that it was not right for the Jewish leaders to leave for the holiday. Other Law makers have stayed during holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving to work on important Bills in the past.

If the stock market continues to crash further in the following days, the populous may blame the Jewish holiday for the government's inactivity. I think if the DJIA drops to 7000 points you got to wonder what's really going on here.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by lostinspace]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well, there is 9/29 (or if you simplify) 9/9+2(11) when the market fell 777 (7%).

911 and 777 ... where do I know those numbers....?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Nice thread, i've been thinking about 7's all day.

Also, the last time the dow dropped it's highest ever was on 9/17/01. 9/17/01 is 7 years and 7 full business days from todays collapse.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
In the bible, "7" is the perfect number. I also noticed that today ended with a 777. Now, if it had ended in 666, Mark of the Beast, I would be worried.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hmm are we being given a count down to the end? Or a new beginning, NWO?

Please recall that 2 months ago one of the biggest world wide events that began to put us on a new dark track was the Russian Georgian War that began on August 8, 2008, 8/8/08.

Now the dow plummets 777 points and 7% drop.

WATCH OUT FOR 666 next people, it seems we are being given a count down by the elite puppet masters.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
7 days in the week
7 seas
7 colours of the rainbow
7 labours of Hercules
7 tribes of Rome
7 pillars of wisdom

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Coincidence, and nothing more.

top topics