It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China calls for end to 'force' against Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

China calls for end to 'force' against Iran

www.prisonplanet.com

China has called for an end to the ‘use of force’ against Tehran in a move that will further complicate the push for new anti-Iran sanctions.

Days after the US failed to convince the United Nations Security Council permanent members plus Germany to impose further sanctions against Tehran, China has urged world powers not to resort to ‘force’ over Iran’s nuclear program.

“Major powers should pursue peaceful talks with Iran rather than resort to the willful use of force..."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
China and Russia has directly shown their stance at question about "Bomb, Bomb, Bomb Iran" ...

Latest financial theft what is taking over at Wall Street, made by US Tyrans, they are also taking more steps toward new war in Pakistan and Iran.

Old way to get financial markets running is to declare war. US is highly involved in Arm imdustry, and they see only one option in front of economical collapse: A War That Rice The Value Of Oil and Weapons: Rise the demand for Dollars world wide.

But others are not ready to buy more that nonsence. If israel and US will act in middle-east one more time: They get enemy they cant win: Whole other world.

China and Russia are demanding peace, so should we too!

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-9-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Hold on a second here. What exactly are you saying here?

You want us to just talk peacefully to figure out the problems?

Well, thats absolutely absurd! Who in their right mind would ever consider such a thing!?

Talk! HA! Thats got to be a joke, right?

[sarcasm off]

and just think. this coming fom the evil communist regime!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Be aware, the Worlds most populouse countries are getting involved, this might be time for more population control efforts.

China has 1+billion people
Russia has alomst 200Million people
USA has 315+Million

If India gets involved (1+billion also, everyone better start building their cold war nuclear bunkers again)

Does anyone really know why China is getting involved?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
China is most likely getting involved b/c they have a high import rate just like the U.S. Iran exports oil. Could China be looking at protecting its oil resources just as the U.S. did when they invaded Iraq???

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
China is most likely getting involved b/c they have a high import rate just like the U.S. Iran exports oil. Could China be looking at protecting its oil resources just as the U.S. did when they invaded Iraq???

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Let me see if I follow your logic here. A country that turns it's weapons on its own citizens and executes un-armed monks in Tibet is now the worlds moral compass when it comes to conflict resolution?

[snip]

Mod Edit

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Terms & Conditions

[edit on 29-9-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

How can you draw Tibet issue to this? For real?

Thats issue is gone when olympics has gone... It was total bluff to blackmale Chinese government in time of media-atention. There is so much places and conflicts to draw to table, if its helping global politics and works of secret services: Tchetzenia, Kashmir, Nigeria, Somalia, Jemen, Kosovo...

Did you really buy that propaganda?

BTW, google my name.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Rooster, I actually agree with JanusFIN.

While China doesn't have the best internal policy toward their people, they do have a MUCH more peaceful history than the United States.

China has managed to stay on diplomatic terms with all nations since 1979.

The United states has used military pressure, and warfare instead of diplomacy WAY too many times to list here...
... here you go... some history

That should start you off in the 1980's.

China is peaceful toward other countries.
The United States uses military pressure, deployment, and attack as first responses.

Considering China's exemplary use of diplomacy, I'd say they're very good role models for what the US should be doing.

And the country the US is thinking about attacking...
Iran hasn't fought anyone since 1988.
You know who they fought against?
Saddam Hussein.

In fact, Iran requested to assist the US with the current conflict against the Taliban.

And these are the people the US wants to attack?

So to recap.
China... saint like role models in diplomacy compared to the States.
Iran... wanted to help the US, last person they fought was Saddam Hussein.

USA... can't stop sticking it's barrels where they don't belong.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
Let me see if I follow your logic here. A country that turns it's weapons on its own citizens and executes un-armed monks in Tibet is now the worlds moral compass when it comes to conflict resolution?

As there are a permanent member of the UN Security Council, they are pretty much obligated to take a stance on this issue. Especially since the US is trying to get more sanctions put on Iran. As for "moral compass", the US calling out any country on their "conflict resolution", is completely hypocritical and shortsighted.

It is nice to see China finally taking a side, instead of sticking to their usual indifferent stance.

Let's just call a troll a troll. Is it Janus, or did you accidently hit the J button?

This is just uncalled for. Did you leave your civility in bed this morning?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
With everything said, it is still a sticky situation. Don't forget Iran is a direct supporter of hizbollah, one of the biggest terrorist groups in the world.

The United States and other countries are particularly concerned about Iranian efforts to acquire or develop weapons of mass destruction because of the Iranian regime's record as a state sponsor of international terrorism. One of the most ruthless terrorist groups supported by Iran is Hizbollah. Hizbollah has been involved in numerous acts of terrorism against Americans and citizens of many other countries, both in the Middle East and in other parts of the world. Hizbollah is the leading suspect in the terrorist bombing of the Israeli embassy in Buenos Aires earlier this year. The bombing claimed the lives of more than two dozen people.

Because of Iran's support for Hizbollah and other terrorist groups, the United States has placed Iran on a list of countries which may not acquire U.S.-made weapons or other items that could be used in the development of chemical and biological weapons or ballistic missiles. The trade ban includes nuclear-related goods and technology. The United States urges other countries, including China, to adopt similar policies in regard to Iran and other state sponsors of terrorism.

CHINA-IRAN NUCLEAR COOPERATION

This is not to say that I agree or disagree with Iran on being denied access to nuclear technology. It just has to be dealt with differently than it is now. Because the path that it is going down now spells nothing but disaster in the future.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I view it this way. The Europeans don't seem too concern about Iran. As a result I think the US should tell Iran that we will butt out for a while but that if they threaten, shoot at our ships, or attack Israel we are going to hit them back into the stone age.

Then I would tell Europe that they have a dangerous situation with Iran because Iran will attack them first before they can attack the US and wish them luck on settling the matter.

Then I would sit back and drink some cold ones while watching the Europeans piss in their pants on how they are going to deal with Iran. After all, they are the ones who believe Iran poses no serious threat to them. And the only reason they believe that is because we are the ones who is putting everything on the line.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Does this mean that China is making allegations that there HAS been a use of force against Iran, other than economic sanctions? If this is the case, I would like them to make their evidence available as I would be interested to read about this.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Rooster, I actually agree with JanusFIN.

While China doesn't have the best internal policy toward their people, they do have a MUCH more peaceful history than the United States.
]

Mods; Please forgive me for derailing this thread for a minute but...

*SNIP* Based on who's history books? China is a communist regime, they constantly write and re-write their own history books. You think the truth is easy to get in an open and free society, try to get it from a closed one.

If you think China is such a peaceful place, I'd like to see you try to walk out of the airport with a bible tucked under your arm. I'd like to see you write a scathing article criticizing the government and live long enough to see it published.

More peaceful than the United States? Yeah, I'd say you're trolling when you make a statement like that. Since the IOC gave China the '08 games, they've been playing rough with gloves on, give em time, they'll take them off if they haven't already.

May I suggest a few good reads for you.

The Many Faces of Genocide in China (Invisible to the world?) www.geocities.com...

Harry Wu Exposes China's Nazi-like Genocide archive.newsmax.com...

Actually, I'm not going to bore you with the rest. The truth is, we will never actually know all the truth's. People are executed there for far less than exposing the government and their mis-deeds.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
And China don't want radiation coming their way when Israel or the US bomb the Iranians reactors.

Seriously. Those reactors are active. It would be much worse than Tchernobyl because you would bomb those instead of burrying it like they did in Tchernobyl. It would kill thousands in Iran just with the radiation, and kill/make sick our troops in Afghanistan... and the nuclear cloud would go to India and China.

That's another factor why they don't want war.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

???, where do I start... You know what, never mind, I'll deny the ignorance.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
lol, I'm gonna have fun with this one...

Originally posted by TheRooster
What? What are you smoking? Based on who's history books? China is a communist regime, they constantly write and re-write their own history books. You think the truth is easy to get in an open and free society, try to get it from a closed one.

They re-write our history books too do they?

Wake up man. Has anyone been attacked by China in your lifetime?

I'm not talking about civil rights, I'm talking about WAR, and the INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMATIC PROCESS.

Yes, they used to be a Communist regime, now they're more of a mixing pot of political ideologies... most I don't agree with either... but that has nothing to do with the fact that THEY HAVEN'T ATTACKED ANYONE SINCE 1979.

More peaceful than the United States? Yeah, I'd say you're trolling when you make a statement like that.

And I'd say you're intentionally derailing this thread, considering you're trying to distract from a discussion on International Diplomacy, by arguing that the Chinese people have less civil rights.

WE DON'T CARE... THAT ISN'T THE ISSUE.

What part about diplomacy between the US, Iran, and China has to do with the religious freedoms of the Chinese people?!

If you want to go parading around about Chinese civil rights, be my guest... but do it elsewhere, this is a conversation about international diplomacy.

Now, if you really do want to go into a conversation about violence within countries, not between countries... I can pull up figures on the civilian death rates, murder rates, gang crime rates, etc... but this thread has nothing to do with that.

If we wanted advice on what civil liberties to bestow upon Iran, no we wouldn't be asking the Chinese...
But we're not talking about that are we?
We're talking about avoiding a war between two nations.
Which is something that China has been VERY good at for almost 3 decades now... something the US completely fails at.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

lol, I'm gonna have fun with this one...

What, you think you are intellectually superior?

So if I understand you correctly, we should forgive them for everything they've done up to 1979?

Wake up man. Has anyone been attacked by China in your lifetime?

Well, if I was slightly older, yes. In 1951, the People's Liberation Army invaded Tibet.

And I'd say you're intentionally derailing this thread, considering you're trying to distract from a discussion on International Diplomacy, by arguing that the Chinese people have less civil rights.

If you notice, I alerted the mods as to my intention.

Yes, they used to be a Communist regime, now they're more of a mixing pot of political ideologies..

What? "used to be a communist regime"? Here, check this out...

HONG KONG – Mr. Edward McMillan-Scott, a Vice-President of the European Parliament embarked on a three-day "journey of exploring the truth" in mainland China that started on May 21. Afterwards, Mr. McMillan-Scott stated in a news conference held in Hong Kong that the Chinese communist regime has been the same for the past decade. He described it as still "brutal and inhumane" and "a system of committing outrages at will."
Mr. McMillan-Scott said, "Ten years later, I am very sad to submit this report. The Chinese communist regime is still a system of atrocity, despotism, and bigotry. There is no freedom of speech, freedom of press is limited and freedom of religion is seriously deprived".
Source: www.theepochtimes.com...

What part about diplomacy between the US, Iran, and China has to do with the religious freedoms of the Chinese people?!

It's not just religious freedoms my friend, it's freedom of speech, etc... Here, I'll quote Mr McMillan-Scott again, "He said frankly that there could be no proper discussion over China's human rights, because no human right exists at all in China. He said that the structure of the Chinese communist regime does not allow any organization or movement to grow outside of the one-party framework."

Like you I am a firm believer in "you should clean up your own back yard before you go knocking on your neighbors door", so yes, America has a lot of work to do. As does China. I personally do not advocate a lot of what our government does around the world.

Johnsky, aren't you the least bit concerned that a state sponsor of terror (Iran/Achmadiminajihad/Hezbollah) has repeatedly (basically) called for the extinction of Israel, and is now acquiring the necessary ingredients to manufacture a weapon which would allow them to do just that?

I have a few friends that are Iranian, listening to them speak of their homeland makes you want to go there and check it out. What every one of them has in common is their dislike and distrust of their leader, and they say at home nobody likes him there either. Like it or not, the sanctions may actually encourage the citizens to throw the bum out.

What, in your opinion, do you think the rest of the world could say to Achmadiminajihad to get him to acknowledge the Holocaust did in fact happen, and that continually calling for the death of Israel while simultaneously developing nukes is a bad idea?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Old way to get financial markets running is to declare war. US is highly involved in Arm imdustry

Let’s see. China is not an arms dealer? Now that’s news to me. Hmmm…

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join