It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China calls for end to 'force' against Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

If israel and US will act in middle-east one more time: They get enemy they cant win: Whole other world.

Now that sounds like a reckless and irresponsible statement or even worse a threat.

China and Russia are demanding peace, so should we too!

China and Russia are just doing the same exact thing as the US, UK and the EU looking out for their best interest.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deseis1204
China is most likely getting involved b/c they have a high import rate just like the U.S. Iran exports oil. Could China be looking at protecting its oil resources just as the U.S. did when they invaded Iraq???

That’s exactly right all they are doing is saber rattling, China is growing economically and a slowing of the oil will threaten their Economic/Geo political goals.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
Let me see if I follow your logic here. A country that turns it's weapons on its own citizens and executes un-armed monks in Tibet is now the worlds moral compass when it comes to conflict resolution?

[

That is so true anybody who is a student of History will have to admit that any governing body that is willing to massacre its own people will not think twice about attacking neighbors if and when it suits their own interests!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
So to recap.
China... saint like role models in diplomacy compared to the States.
Iran... wanted to help the US, last person they fought was Saddam Hussein.

USA... can't stop sticking it's barrels where they don't belong.

So to recap

China massacres its own people wrongfully seizes Tibet, Threatens Taiwans sovereignty. ETC
They have been silent on the world stage for decades and Geopolitically speaking China is an infant. Their government has been around what? ½ a century China is a wonderful ancient culture but the Communist are relatively newcomers to world politics!

Iran Supports Hezbollah, Pursuing a nuclear program when they are one of the riches oil producing countries and needs nuclear fuel????

sty

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
well, Russia sells weapons and China is lacking of fossil fuel reserves, so they both need Iran. It does not mean Iran is right. Actually, if the program would be for "peaceful purposes" as claimed, i do not see why Iran would not accept inspectors from neutral countries . Sure Iran tries hard to have nukes and find the tech to deliver them - not as far as US but still in the Middle East to the nation they wish to wipe out.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

How can you draw Tibet issue to this? For real?

Thats issue is gone when olympics has gone... It was total bluff to blackmale Chinese government in time of media-atention. There is so much places and conflicts to draw to table, if its helping global politics and works of secret services: Tchetzenia, Kashmir, Nigeria, Somalia, Jemen, Kosovo...

Did you really buy that propaganda?

People draw it in because it’s a perfect example of who the real China is. Tibet has been a major sticking issue way before the Olympics or have you not watched the news from the 70’s 80’s and 90’s. Lot’s of good hard facts there.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
Does this mean that China is making allegations that there HAS been a use of force against Iran, other than economic sanctions? If this is the case, I would like them to make their evidence available as I would be interested to read about this.

I know how you feel, what attacks? What armed conflict? Seems to me that China is stirring the pot by making such a statement!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer, what most of these members do not accept is that the appeasement policy (historically speaking) has never worked. In theory, sanctions are attractive because it is a non-tactical (combative) alternative. In order for sanctions to be effective, they must be sustained (un-interrupted) until the regime they are directed at succumbs to the economic pressure, or is so deprived of capital it just collapses from within.

OR

Over prolonged periods of time when the government can no longer sustain the financial hardship and provide the basic necessities for its citizens, the sanctions force the masses to endure the hardships, thereby exposing the regime for what it truly is, a self interested entity not of the people, by the people and for the people. While enduring these hardships, the masses question their allegiance and the ideology of their governing body, while the propaganda war is played out in the state run media.

Trust me on this one, China is not the "moral" leader here. The lack of support for continued sanctions is purely driven by greed. And realistically speaking, we have enough of our own problems at home right now, the last thing we need is to concern ourselves with this BS.

I say we relocate Israel to the "Peoples Republic of California", close all our foreign bases, pull all of our brave men and women in uniform back to our shores, and let the empires roll over the appeasers.

Like Ron Paul, I'm sick of our country sticking it's nose where it doesn't belong. But know this, if you make the mistake of coming for my country or my guns, both will be vigorously defended with extreme prejudice.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

I have been following your posts with some amusement - especially your proposition as to whether or not someone considered themselves to be intellectually superior. I can assure you I do feel that way.

Your comments regarding China are, at the very best, steeped in cultural bias, parochial stereotypes and drip with western, most likely American, ignorance. Your comments are absolutely, without doubt, based on hear say, presumptions, misguided assumptions and above all a conservative, populist, fear driven agenda......this is absolutely plain as day from your comments- you do not know what you are talking about.

Your comments are based on broad generalisations of issues with no balance relative to your own countries position. America and Britain are responsible for vastly more death and destruction than China - vastly more - and to even attempt to place this mayhem as being justified through the pursuit of freedom and democracy would only serve to highlight your ongoing ignorance of these issues.

China has - without doubt - been one of the greatest victims of western aggression over the past 100 years - their position on Tibet and Taiwan are territorial issues which extend back into this period. You obviously have no IDEA the effect the Opium Wars had on China do you ? The sovereignty of its borders were literally carved up and given away - China is merely asking for what is hers.

Perhaps the Rape of Nanjing would be another port of call for you.

Further you might consider the size of China - 1.3 billion. Thats all of America and Europe combined - Thats Germany, Russia, Italy, Turkey, - You'll find the genocide of American Indians, Jews, Athenians, etc,etc pales when compared to Chinas indiscretions.

The U.S. also happens to have the highest incarceration rate per capita of any country on earth, is the ONLY western nation to execute its own citizens, has engaged in over 70 acts of direct military action against sovereign nations in the past 60 years and 180 including covert - a figure which sends the US into a moral oblivion.

Combining this with the fire-bombing of every major Japanese city , one of the greatest crimes against humanity, an act followed up with the atomic attack on two defenceless cities occupied by only civilians, an act which has been fully admitted to as being only carried out as a demonstration to Russia of Americas willingness and capability with NO military advantage in the war - then rest assured - Chinas MORAL compass is well and truly more aligned and a far more reliable guide than anything I have seen stem from your disgraceful nation in the past 50 years.

Please read some history -

[edit on 30-9-2008 by audas]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

The Rooster - Great posts, it's good to see someone here that is well versed on the nature of the Iranian regime, their are way too many appeasors and theocratic sympathisers!

Iranians know full well of the "nature of the beast" (the regime) there and the regime know this so have tried to make the nuclear issue a symbol of national pride instead, by playing on Iranians unfaulted patriotism. This has succeeded thus far and gained public support. In my view the next US president needs to make a public address to the Iranian people and highlight the nature of the regimes intentions and how they are working against their own people.

China and Russia i believe are willing to accept a nuclear armed Iran for the bigger picture of strategic asset and natural resource requirements.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reading without commenting

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Iran Supports Hezbollah, Pursuing a nuclear program when they are one of the riches oil producing countries and needs nuclear fuel????

Why the hell would you waste using your oil when you can sell it to other countries in exchange for Pradas and Ferraris?
It's none of your business if they want to use nuclear for energy.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
please children ...go and educate yourself a bit stop spitting personal BS as the truth and facts ..
the BS i read here is unbelievable ..
Clueless Airheads discussing world politics with other 12 year old brainless TV junkies ..

Its like the blind leading the dumb ..

Really entertaining but absolute BS

@ jam321

Plz to retreat and plz do let the europeans take the 1st hit of bad bad iranas you put it ...

your nothing but a fool to even think that .
Iran does a LOT of business with us in europe
They will not attack us and if they get attacked by the zionist fashist state we call Israel I hope they wipe em out ..

The Pro Zionist BS i read on here is sickening ..

Iran supports the most dangerous terorist organisation ever Hizzbolah

What a lot of nonsense and Doppeldenk here ...
Israel IS the terrorist ..not just the last few years NO NO since its evil conception (done with full intent and with full knowlegde it will go wrong) it has been nothing but a terrorist fashist government
Killing and raping and killing Palestinians ...The only real Semites in the region ...the only true decendes of semites ..
Almost EVERY jews in israel today iis not a semite at all khazar jews . As much a semite as Iam really ..
They are almost all khazar jews Yet they call themselfs Semites ...Guess its because the Holocaust lies are well and fruitfull ...one can always retreat and call on ANTI semitism if it gets hot ..

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

we need unity not war .us touches iran i think china and russia will stop the us once and for all...
humpty dumpty sat on the wall st .
humpty dumpty had a great fall.
all the great soilders and all the great men could.nt put humpty dumpty together again.... this is a old english nursey rhym how true is it?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Janusfin you are so completely lost its unreal. Two major coutries that do anything to undercut america or use other countries proxy (terrorists) to attack us say they dont want us to attack Iran. Russian has sold them weapons for years that are used to kill americans. China and russia both sell missle parts/design so the nuts in Iran can do more horrible things. I hope Iran is enjoying our special forces returning the favors inside their country right now. Iran supports more terrorists worldwide than anyother country. While their nation is crumbling with unemployent a horrible economy Iran is working on nukes. Only an idiot (janusFIN) would believe its for power.....

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

From the standpoint of Modern Nations, ground wars and troop counts no longer matter. It's all about high tech hardware and the strategic positioning of such.

Boots, tanks, and guns on the ground mean nothing against superior Naval and Air Power.

Boots on the ground from here on out will only be used once the ground has been cleared with air and naval power and only to occupy and hold that ground. Not so much for offensive purposes anymore.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster

Like you I am a firm believer in "you should clean up your own back yard before you go knocking on your neighbors door", so yes, America has a lot of work to do. As does China. I personally do not advocate a lot of what our government does around the world.

I just cannot stand this BS, from some Americans. It has taken 50 years for some Americans to come to terms, with their unacceptable behaviour and ignorance to the world, and just as they do, you have people like Rooster ranting off problems in China and everywhere else, not to mention that this is not even the discussion here... China here is actually showing a lot of self respect. Rooster this tell's me alot of what's going on with yourself and your own back yard, are you aware of that? It seem's like you need to work at your own country right now, don't you think?

Well if your a firm believer in cleaning up your house, before you go knocking on someone elses door.

Then practice what you preach sir!

Johnsky, aren't you the least bit concerned that a state sponsor of terror (Iran/Achmadiminajihad/Hezbollah) has repeatedly (basically) called for the extinction of Israel, and is now acquiring the necessary ingredients to manufacture a weapon which would allow them to do just that?

WHERE IS YOUR EVIDENCE? Show me
Then we can talk all about that
Just to put in a little reality here. The leader of Iran wants peace, how does this rumour of the leader of Iran wants israel destroyed? Please explain I'm having problems with your claims and wooful non facts.

I have a few friends that are Iranian, listening to them speak of their homeland makes you want to go there and check it out. What every one of them has in common is their dislike and distrust of their leader, and they say at home nobody likes him there either. Like it or not, the sanctions may actually encourage the citizens to throw the bum out.

Oh really, you do..... Lies.
I just honestly cannot fall for that crap.

I have friends from there too, friends from Pakistan who I work with too, I'm also related to a few muslims. They didn't say this. Interesting that, really really surprising
Iran is a soverign country. It's relatively peaceful too. Don't know who told you, I'm sure your just using propaganda
Sure I'm sure G.W bush's friends said they were WMDs in Iraq, it turned out to be lies. Again, sounds very simalar to what your saying, I could be wrong, but.

What, in your opinion, do you think the rest of the world could say to Achmadiminajihad to get him to acknowledge the Holocaust did in fact happen, and that continually calling for the death of Israel while simultaneously developing nukes is a bad idea?
Israel has nucs too, why can't you talk about that aswell?, what a waste of nonsense from you!

[edit on 30-9-2008 by mind is the universe]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join