It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Questions Here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
First, I have set up SETI and joined the ATS team, but I am not listed as part of the team on the ATS SETI website. I have done a number of units and i'd like to contribute to ATS's score. I don't know if it takes a few days to incorporate new members into the system, but if anyone knows about this, let me know.

Second, I saw the banner on the bottom of the main ATS forum page that said that you get ATS points for participating. Not that i am point hungry, but I am curious to how points are distributed. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
hi meddled

I remember someone else having the same problem, but I can't remember if it got sorted in the end or not?
if you follow this link

setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu...

you can get to a page that shows your stats, just to confirm that you are subscribed to the ATS group.
I know that the group pages can sometimes take a while to update , so that may be the reason you aren't showng up.
As for the points for work units scheme, well we are all still waiting for it to happen, I assume that it is on hold at the moment while the transition to BOINC takes place.
Perhaps SkepticOverlord could give us an update if possible , because I know this issue has been raised a few times lately.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
According to the user account area, I do belong to the ATS group. I just hope that my points are goin to the group. Thanks for the heads up on the points thing too.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
In reference to your question about WU's, you can check with your screensaver status(wu total) with that of the ATS Team, some members have a link at the bottom of their signature(like me) this will take you directly to the Team Stats. Cross reference your screen stats with these to make sure they match up. It might be behind just a little bit as far as updating goes.

Second, about the points. To the best of my knowledge it has been put on the back burner for the time being. Recent attacks of ATS have devulged SkepticOverlords Time, Hey if the board is not able to work, then we wouldn't be able to use the Team Board. Also with the switch over to BOINC in the (hopefully) near future has added to this delay. The point system will work (again To the best of me knowledge) based on both individual stats and team stats, but everything is still "in the works"

Trick

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hi all!!

Thanx for raising some interesting questions meddled, and for the replies from pantha and TMT!!

Nothing much more to add, in fact, to what's been mentioned already.

I've just checked on the ATS SETI@home team stats "and - many congratulations meddled - you're "in"!!

192) meddled 10 WU's in 32 hr 03 min CPU time at an average of 3 hr 12 min 19.5 sec per WU. !!

As regards "Points for WU's" - this is still being resolved. As TMT says, there's been tremendous overall growth on ATS and new coding issues, not just increasing security but "TerrorAnalysis.com" and "ConspiracyLinks.com" , as well as new Boolean search facilities... In short, lots of things that has kept SkepticOverlord "busy"...

Hopefully, "Points for WU's" will take place sooner rather than later (like it says on the Home page) but I'm sure we are all patient enough to realise that other things can take priority?

Well done once again meddled on being in the team!!

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
How can i put that fancy ATS SETI logo on my sig?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by meddled
How can i put that fancy ATS SETI logo on my sig?

Good question meddled!!

This has caused us some trouble in describing in the past - it normally takes 5 or 6 attempts to get it right!! Please see Index (again!!) and specifically Formal adoption of UF's banner .

Universal Fiction (now sadly silent) designed the banner for us, which many (myself included) used as a signature to help promote the team in the boards. Then it was suggested that we could use the banner to link to the team stats, so really the solution of how to do it emulates these two stages:

Make the banner your signature

Link the banner to the URL of the team stats.

It *is* possible to do - the link above tries to explain how to do it.

Good luck!!

top topics

join