It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pirates Die Strangely After Taking Iranian Ship

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by unnamedninja
how unfortunate that a ship carrying material as sensitive as that, did not have enough military presence on there to prevent the pirates taking the ship.

A little common sense goes a long way.

This IS an Iranian ship. Common sense? How does Iran giving stearn nuclear warnings to the Western world make any sense? As far as Iran goes common sense is basically an oxymoron at this point.

Noone really knows what's on the ship anyway. It could be radioactive waste for all we know (which noone would, in their right minds, touch). These pirates are off the Somali coast. They don't exactly speak Iranian..Any markings and nomenclature on any of the boxes, crates, barrels, or any other shipping container would be unreadable. They would probably go through each container looking for valuable items anyway.. That could be where they got into trouble.

Most chemical and biological agents I know of do not make your hair fall out after only a few hours of being exposed. Alot of them destroy the human body from the inside out but nuclear exposure would, IMO, better explain the deaths and loss of hair.

We just don't have enough information yet.. But given how high-profile this story is in the media we will probably eventually find out.

-ChriS

[edit on 1-10-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

If this is nuclear in nature, can you imagine the wrangling of the Iranian government trying to contain this?!?! Whoa!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg

Originally posted by FerTheBetter
so with iran transporting chemical/biological weapons to other countries can this possibly be the smoking gun to get the green light for bush to invade iran?

[edit on 28-9-2008 by FerTheBetter]

No was a Ukrainian registered freighter, carrying Russian weapons they sold to Kenya.

Thanks sum 1 with a little sense lol, this has been all over uk news already the last few days

what get me angry is people saying so many things that are false and making accusations about the whats and whys and furthermore adding to the confusion

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I can't believe people are still debating in this thread as if they know what they're talking about. Based on second or third-hand reports aired on Faux News. If you don't see the propaganda in this I just don't know what to say.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
just wanted to find out the real story on this thread and get to the facts of the matter even if it be that it was just another ship beein pirated , still makes for sum good disscusing though

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by friendforafoe
BUT the ORIGINAL IRAN DEYANAT press piece that talks about the "radioactive materials onboard" (which there isn't any) came out on 11 SEP, not the 28th. People are rehashing articles from unreliable sources (I'm looking at you Andrew Mwangura) and calling it breaking news ... that Times article ripped the text ver batim.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by friendforafoe]

I'm guessing you may already know about this, friendforafoe, but anyway..

Meanwhile, authorities in Kenya have charged a maritime official who said that the battle tanks were destined for southern Sudan, rather than Kenya.

Andrew Mwangura - the spokesman for the Kenyan chapter of the Seafarers Assistance Programme - was charged on Thursday with making alarming statements.

Mr Mwangura was also accused of illegal possession of drugs. He denies both charges.

EU force to fight Somali pirates

Article doesn't mention the story running in this thread, but this guy may be the source of it. Folks need to bear that in mind.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by skjalddis]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

This story is not just being covered by FOX news though. And this is not the only ship like this being held for ransom by pirates off the Somali coast. The last I heard in the media was that 18 ships in total were being held by these "pirates" but noone seems to be talking about what THOSE ships are carrying. Again..We're just going to have to wait and see what comes of all this (if the news networks don't set the story aside altogether).

Even if the pirates are being affected by radiation sickness from a weapon or some other source, that information could very easily be kept from the public for national security/intelligence reasons. In fact, it would make more sense. People like me pretty much have no idea what's actually going on here or what dramas are unfolding. I do know that heavily armed U.S. navy vessels are in that area and the last I heard everyone was waiting on some Russian warship to show up and "deal with" the situation (whatever that means). Russia has been selling military hardware to Venezuela and Iran.. They're not exactly our closest ally right now. It wouldn't take much to kick off a full-scale conflict here. The Gulf of Tonkin comes to mind..

But even without all the pieces to the puzzle, the small amount of information now being released about this situation gives me the sense that something is not right here..That this story is much more important than we are being told. Its Just a hunch, but I think alot of other people feel the same way..

-ChriS

[edit on 3-10-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This is one of those stories where if it turns out there is nuclear material on board then someone is going to jump up and down screaming propaganda and another will say it only helps to fuel it, though the issue is real. And both of these people will just help the media while their statements really serve as a non-issue at that point.
Iran has already said it is going to build a nuclear program, though for energy purposes, har har. Israel shrouded in a few mushroom clouds really would be like a stinking corpse then, which is I believe, how the Iranian leader sees it. So, really, the whole thing of whether or not this ship had nuclear material on it would be something we'll hear about, oh, maybe a year or so after a bomb goes off. Unless of course, it serves to tell the public something of the ship in more detail now.
What I'm sure has some people really chewing their fingernails off is if there was radiological material on that ship, how much of it did the pirates walk off with? That right there is what defines this. What the public will get to hear about this comes down to how the governments of the world want the public to react and how that reaction lends to whatever.
Until then, this is one of those issues that isn't likely to yield alot of information except to help the public remain readied for better stimulation.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Old_One

By now you've all heard that the ship was actually a huge dirty bomb... to be
blown up off the coast of Israel.
Weather moves pretty much west to east...
And collateral damage... meaning additional millions of non Israelies, wouldn't even be a passing consideration to those friggin maniac Iranians. All will give it up for the cause.
Stocky

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I work for Reuters so maybe I'm a little in the tank. Unlike our Somali pirate-hunter I'd be happy to have the mods verify that fact.

Pirates demand ransom for Egyptian ship

www.reuters.com...

"It was supposed to be released, but now they are saying the $200,000 was for facilitation only. They want more money for the ransom," said Andrew Mwangura, of the Kenyan-based East African Seafarers' Assistance Programme.

He said the pirates were angry because when they opened the cargo of the Iranian ship, several Somalis died, while others lost hair and suffered skin burns. "It must have been a very dangerous chemical," he said, without identifying the substance.

This is *the* article where Andrew Mwangura was quoted regarding the health effects of the cargo of the Iran Deyanat. DU on the Ukranian ship is one thing. This is not what that is. However this doesn't mean radiological devices or WMDs. This is an industrial chemical tanker. Need we list the number of non-radioactive, non-weaponized industrial chemicals that can produce the same effect? Chlorine comes to mind...

Watchdog urges release of Somali piracy source

www.reuters.com...

"Several different statements have been made to back up this claim, including that of Nathan Christensen, spokesman for the U.S. Fifth Fleet in Bahrain," the Paris-based RSF said, urging Mwangura's immediate release.

"Mwangura received a prize in 2006 from the Chamber of International Commerce ... for his work in defence of sailors and particularly against murder and piracy in east Africa. He has helped obtain the release of several sailors taken hostage."

Mwangura says he gets his information from families of hostages and pirates, plus international maritime groups. But Kenya's government has accused him of being a mouthpiece for the pirates, saying he has suspiciously close ties with them.

He went to court last Thursday but there haven't been any articles from the home office regarding the outcome.

He did give an interview to Reuters Africa on Oct 27th.
www.reuters.com...

It's always important to vet these sources, but from what I can gather this guy is legit and is not well like for the services he provides.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I heard on the internet that it was aimed at Isreal for a terror attack before it was highjacked. Maybe the plan went wrong when stopped by the people of their own faith doing more terror and the circle of hate caught up with them selves. This is where Isreal as a new nation is seen to be protected by God.

Bible prophecy says Isreals enemies will self destruct when come upon the end times if attacked. Persia-Iran is part of that equation.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

You cannot be serious
to quote a famous American Loud Mouth, to postulate on why the ship was taken over by pirates ...why did Johnny steal those lollies from the 1st grader ?

Answer: because when the 1st grader walked into Johnny's territory it was way too tempting.

Wrong Answer: Because god wanted to protect Gretel from getting Diabetes when the 1st grader spilled his lollies onto the ground and she would stumble unwittingly onto them.

PS: Lollies = Candy

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This ship just arrived in Rotterdam today according to Dutch media. www.bnr.nl...

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
i hope you are going to update your page alongside your knowledge this time throwimg a look at a proper biblio such as lloyds list

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join