It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Secret Dinosaur

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
There was a dinosaur's remains unearthed in Arizona last year. This animal was and still is held as TOP SECRET. Why? It is the largest creatrue ever found. It dwafs the largest animal 3 times over. The dinosaur is literally large enough to swallow a tyrannosaur whole. I heard about this from a co-worker who's brother works for the government and over saw the dig. The skull alone is 60ft long, 20ft high, and 30ft wide. Yes that is JUST THE SKULL. The teeth are about my height and size, I'm 5'9" and 150 lbs. This is not a small animal. I worked up an idea of this creature's total size by useing the tyrannosaur as my model. I found the creature's total length to be in the neighborhood of 250ft-300ft long. I have since left that job but still see my co-wroker occasionally. It has been a year since I have first heard of it and I am still trying to get the pictures of the remains along with a full report. Government people are so untrusting!
By all rights this creature should not exist. Nothing should be this large, thus the reason it is still top secret. It is nothing short of reality destroying in size!

So... I come to all of you.... since I can get any answers YET from our government.

Do any of you know about this thing? Do any of you know some one who was on this dig or is working with the remains right now? Do any of you have any info at all? Where can I put my nose in order to piss off more people? (I love doing that! XD)

Thanks gang!
~Valkyr~

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Valkyr8]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valkyr8
I heard about this from a co-worker who's brother works for the government and over saw the dig

Did you try and get an update from your co-worker already?

What is this guys job with the Government?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

I heard about this from a co-worker who's brother works for the government and over saw the dig

Did you try and get an update from your co-worker already?

What is this guys job with the Government?

Ya I tried. I just saw him this past Friday. He said his brother has been on the road going here and there for the past 8 months, so he hasn't seen him all this time. But I was promised the info I would like to have when he sees him next. His brother is a FBI Field agent. I'm getting REALLY antsy about the whole thing. That is why I posted here. I crave info on this animal so badly! Plus I absolutly LOVE getting info that I don't have any clearance for.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
"Top Secret Dinosaur"? I was expecting this to some cheesy 1980s cartoon or something!

Not that I disbelieve you, but have you got anything a bit more substantial than "co-worker who's brother works for the government". By your own admittance this is basically a 'friend of a friend' type story.

Also, if this thing is as big as you say, doesn't it contravene some biological laws that determine physical size of animals? I remember reading a scientific report a few years ago about why we don't have 'Godzilla' type creatures, which covered this particular monster-sized scenario.

Presumably, this would have had parents and a mate and offspring. Genetic mutations don't really create such fantastic single leaps and so the idea of a regular animal becoming super-sized in a single generation is unrealistic. So, where are the remains of the others? Where are even the stories about the skeletons of others? I understand the deserts of Arizona are large but then again, you're not describing something small either.

I'm intrigued at the size of the teeth too. Surely teeth this big would lend to assumptions that it was carnivorous? This in turn means that it had a significantly high place in the food chain. A creature as big as you claim would have had no natural predators which surely would have had a major impact of some sort. As long as there were food available there would be no stopping this monster, who would have more or less had the run of the place, which again means there should be the remains of a lot of them out there.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
"Top Secret Dinosaur"? I was expecting this to some cheesy 1980s cartoon or something!

Not that I disbelieve you, but have you got anything a bit more substantial than "co-worker who's brother works for the government". By your own admittance this is basically a 'friend of a friend' type story.

Also, if this thing is as big as you say, doesn't it contravene some biological laws that determine physical size of animals? I remember reading a scientific report a few years ago about why we don't have 'Godzilla' type creatures, which covered this particular monster-sized scenario.

Presumably, this would have had parents and a mate and offspring. Genetic mutations don't really create such fantastic single leaps and so the idea of a regular animal becoming super-sized in a single generation is unrealistic. So, where are the remains of the others? Where are even the stories about the skeletons of others? I understand the deserts of Arizona are large but then again, you're not describing something small either.

I'm intrigued at the size of the teeth too. Surely teeth this big would lend to assumptions that it was carnivorous? This in turn means that it had a significantly high place in the food chain. A creature as big as you claim would have had no natural predators which surely would have had a major impact of some sort. As long as there were food available there would be no stopping this monster, who would have more or less had the run of the place, which again means there should be the remains of a lot of them out there.

Indeed I do understand your veiw. I look at my co-worker the very same way your look at me. I have been studying paloentology literally since birth. I never grew out of loveing dinosaurs. My biggest problem about the whole thing is not the size of the animal nor the evolution.... My problem with the whole thing is the location of where it was found. Waaaaayyyy back when reptiles weren't even thought of yet and amphibians were just comeing around on land, the planet was covered in dence foliage. This meant the planet had a VERY high oxygen content in the atmosphere. The high level of oxygen bred GIANT insects. Back then you would see 12ft centipedes and 6 ft dragon flys. During the age of the dinosaurs South America was still very oxygen rich and it bred giant dinosaurs. The biggest of the big all come from South America. This is still true today. The South American tree spider is a prime example. It is 5ft in diameter includeing the legs. It's also considered a delacasy. EWW!

Trust me I understand exactly what you're saying bro. Unfortunately I have no more to go on but what I already said. This is why I'm asking all of you. I'm antsy about the whole thing and want info on the beast NOW!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
There's no 5ft spiders in South America. Haha. The largest known spider is the Goliath Bird Eater at 1ft.

and do you have more info on the exact location of this dig? Arizona is a large place.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Valkyr8

The South American tree spider is a prime example. It is 5ft in diameter includeing the legs. It's also considered a delacasy. EWW!

you really need a new tape measure so if 5' of yours = 1' of really real then that makes the topsecret super spy dinosaur big enough to be .... omg they killed and burried godzilla!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

This has been in the local Arizona and the national news a few times this year. If i remeber correctly the University of Arizona is in charge of the dig/examination. There was something strange about the going on, a lawsuit or something that put a halt to it.

I think they said it was the largest T-Rex known of. I believe the dig was in Tempe, but its been a while I could be wrong.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Trust me I understand exactly what you're saying bro. Unfortunately I have no more to go on but what I already said. This is why I'm asking all of you. I'm antsy about the whole thing and want info on the beast NOW!

It's one thing to point out the size of prehistoric insects and another to suggest a (top secret) dinosaur as big as this. Whilst the centipede and so on were incredibly large compared to what we have now , they are still within limits regarding mass, strength and so on.

However, that's just focusing on one aspect of this. The other is that, even with the tin-foil turned up to maximum, I can't imagine a genuine, realistic reason why an excessively large dinosaur would be deemed 'Top Secret'. Controversial theories about dinosaurs are fairly common in the way we might have to rethink popular conceptions, whether it's bigger, smaller, more fierce, less fierce, colours, feathers and so on.

Seriously, why should you think a particularly large dinosaur merits being classified as 'Top Secret'? I can understand archaeological digs being off-limits to the public because of intrusion, thefts and so on, but more than that?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Is it not possible there may have been a Robert Wadlow (Tallest human being in RECORDED human history at 8 feet 11.1 inches, due to continued growth in adulthood, due to hypertrophy of his pituitary gland) in dinoland? I mean why not? There is a lot of examples of various animals growing larger than they should probably due to a similar medical defect.

I know growing an extra couple of hundred feet bigger than your predecessor sounds extreme, but not when you think in scale.

Peace.

[edit on 26/9/08 by woogleuk]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I'm calling BS.
The way you present your info is not believable. And you're exactly right in saying this animal could not exist.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I not leaning towards BS yet...

The casual mention of the 'FBI Field agent' always throws up a flag with me.

I believe there may be many larger than normal creatures buried beneath the earth, but not to the scale in which you present in your post.

The body mass ratio with head that large doesn't seem feasible in the slightest. How could it reach is prey?

I think they may have found a larger dinosaur but in no way should it be deemed TOP SECRET and have FBI followings.

Just doesn't add up.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

I know growing an extra couple of hundred feet bigger than your predecessor sounds extreme, but not when you think in scale.

Peace.

[edit on 26/9/08 by woogleuk]

Yes, but "when you think in scale" as you put it, your argument actually contradicts what you appear to be saying. Say the average height for a man is 6ft and that Wadlow was just short of 9ft, that difference, as a ratio, is nothing like what's being proposed here. The size of this dinosaur with regards to even the largest known dinosaurs is radically different.

Also, with regards to Wadlow, that seems like a pretty unsuccessful mutation to me. He needed leg braces - which indirectly caused his death - and if he'd have lived longer, no doubt he'd have suffered all manner of problems like other suffers of forms of gigantism &c.

A dinosaur equivalent would have been earmarked as being 'different' in an unforgiving environment as well suffering who knows what types of handicaps.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
There's no 5ft spiders in South America. Haha. The largest known spider is the Goliath Bird Eater at 1ft.

and do you have more info on the exact location of this dig? Arizona is a large place.

You sure dude?? I could swear I saw something on the spider maybe about 2 years ago..... Hey I never said I know everything. Every one can make mistakes. I could be mistaken. hmmm...
OK now that freaking bothers me!!!! I gotta look up the spiders in South America now. While I'm at it I'll do Aferica as well!
I hate remembering things wrong! TY for the correction.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Dinosaur can only be top secret of if it proves something that the Government doesn't want you to know about...like something about "alien" genetic manipulation or evolution...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Valkyr8

Yeah i'm sure. There's webs that can get really large, but certainly not the spider itself. Unless it's an undiscovered species or something. But from my knowledge the size of insects and arachnids is limited by their physics and open circulatory systems as well as the amount of oxygen available in the atmosphere. In the current environment a 5 ft spider theoretically could not exist. But no one's 100% sure yet why insects managed to get so large in the Carboniferous period, so you never know.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Valkyr8

You mean this one?

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

It's just a silly hoax - but are you the original hoaxer or did you copy it from the other forum?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

hahah class find ^_^

see they agree with me on the other forum it was godzilla

[edit on 26/9/08 by noobfun]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I heard from my friend's ex-girlfriend's cousin who worked with a guy who was the brother of an employee at INS that 98% of Americans are Asians. I'm so irate that they are covering this up; obviously this should not be possible so that's why they're concealing the FACT the we're all Asians.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
What would this supposed dinosaur eat to grow and stay alive? It would need a huge food resource. Silly hoax really.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join