It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Secret Dinosaur

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Let's add something to compare the 300' monster with, a 100' creature that exists today.

Blue Whale:
The largest mammal on earth is the blue whale and it is actually the
largest animal to ever have lived on this earth, even bigger than the
largest recorded dinosaur. Adults can grow up to 100 feet long and weigh
100 tons.

a passage about blue whales from the book "Among Whales" by
Roger Payne, President of the Whale Conservation Institute:

"In a large blue whale the heart weighs about four thousand pounds (2 tons)
and probably pumps about sixty gallons with each beat. Its valves would be
about the size of a hub cap, and a child could crawl through the aorta, the
largest blood vessel leaving the heart. So large are the arteries that even
sixty feet aft of the heart, where the main artery has narrowed down to a
diameter needed to support just the last few muscles attached to the last
few vertebrae, this vessel is still about the size of the sewer pipes that
carry waste water away from the average house - large enough, that is, to
allow a good sized trout to swim leisurely along it." The heart contracts
about 18-20 beats per minute or once every three seconds.

For further information search WhaleNet's educational resource pages.

A 300 foot dinosaur would be extremely large but maybe, just maybe, this was an oceangoing creature.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
To all here who have read this and responded:

I extend my apologies to you all here. When I wrote this I had a specific goal in mind. It was to explain something that I have heard and see if anyone else heard of the same. Due to my mind not being clear and at 100% when I wrote this, I have failed abudantly and made myself look like an idiot.

I extend my apologies to you all

Good day and be well :-)
Valkyr

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
A skull 60ft long , 20ft high and 30 ft wide sounds silly , but the chances of a large skeleton being found is not . Your info may have been exagerated before it got to you , I think 6ft long 2ft high and 3ft wide would be more likely maybe before he told you about it he exagerated a bit in the excitement .

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
talk about necromancy this thread has died 3 times already and its still come abck for more

GODZIRRA RRULEZ!!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Valkyr8

There is much we don’t know as far as earth's early life. Maybe the earth was littered with these things.

They could have remained lost as the land they were buried in, sank underneath another tectonic plate. Maybe their food supply didn’t simply run out, rather always limited their numbers? Reducing their probability of surviving long enough to litter the earth’s surface with their remains.

In addition, I feel that the extreme concentration of oxygen and the atmospheric pressure of the time led to some amazing changes in life on the surface of the planet. The early Earth was like a huge hyperbaric chamber. Anything could have been produced.

We may also not find many of them because an adult of this species, if dominant, might live long enough to eliminate offspring very efficiently. Early dinosaurs, like many other living things of the time probably had long natural life spans. Longer than their smaller, modern counter parts. If it did have the run of the place, because of its size, it would have been to its detriment. Not many would have made it to adult hood.

I had a thread about the “Hyperbaric chamber” like conditions of early earth. www.abovetopsecret.com...

IMO All creatures here once had longer life spans and larger size due to the unique conditions they lived in. Early humans co-existed with dinosaurs as giants. They may not have been completely human but they just shrank along with the rest of the planet as our atmosphere dissipated into what it is today.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by newyorkee]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valkyr8

I extend my apologies to you all here. When I wrote this I had a specific goal in mind. It was to explain something that I have heard and see if anyone else heard of the same. Due to my mind not being clear and at 100% when I wrote this, I have failed abudantly and made myself look like an idiot.

Valkyr

You've got my respect for this. Your claim got quite a savaging in this thread, and it would have been quite easy for you just to have slunk away or pretended this thread never happened or get indignant and/or throw a hissy fit declaring us to be all disinfo agents or similar.

To come back and offer an apology takes a big man and a big heart.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I don't this for the simple fact that an FBI field agent would have nothing to do with this.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

Originally posted by Valkyr8

Valkyr

You've got my respect for this. Your claim got quite a savaging in this thread, and it would have been quite easy for you just to have slunk away or pretended this thread never happened or get indignant and/or throw a hissy fit declaring us to be all disinfo agents or similar.

To come back and offer an apology takes a big man and a big heart.

Respect? Really? You believe this excuse??

I don't believe him/her for a second. s/he tried to hoax us and got found out, simple as that.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod
Respect? Really? You believe this excuse??

I don't believe him/her for a second. s/he tried to hoax us and got found out, simple as that.

Even if the OP did try to hoax the board, as I said, it would have been pretty easy to just let the thread slide into vague, fuzzy memory and just slunk away from the board. Instead, the OP came and apologised. What's the problem?

How many people were actually duped here? The people involved in the thread, myself included, knew it was pretty much rubbish from the start. It's not as if we were lead a merry dance up the garden path only for the music to stop and have it cruelly revealed that it was some terrible, terrible joke at the expense of our gullibility.

No one actually fell for it and the OP came back and offered an apology. So, again, what's the problem?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Valkyr8

That is one crazy sized dinosaur... sorry, just posting to get my count up so i can u2u

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join