It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RON PAUL "write in" BOMB!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
we really need to nail down a VP to write in also.
AND NO!!! ON JESSE VENTURA...what a nutbag!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Loki

It doesn't matter. Ron Paul write-ins will indeed hurt both candidates.

But when both are promising to continue the American Imperialistic Agenda and both are ignoring 95% of Americans by voting FOR the Bail-Out, I guess my hands are tied. I see this situation as having no choice.

Why should more than 5% of the population vote of either McCain or Obama when they're voting against 95% of Americans when voting for the Bail-Out. They only deserve 5% split between them.

Ron Paul is the only choice I see. I will write him in. If it helps McCain win, so be it. If it helps Obama win, so be it. Maybe the rest of American should have opened their eyes when there was still a chance. Pay attention to what congress is passing.

No one cared when the banking industry was deregulated. No one cared when the media industry was deregulated. Now we have the most concentrated amount of money being made by mega-conglomerates and they're capitalizing monopolies across the board. There's no longer room for the little guy in these businesses.

Did anyone pay attention when this happened? I did.

But, most people were far too busy watching American Idol and shopping at the mall for stuff they really could not afford, but put on credit cards anyway. Thus, securing this credit crisis.

Don't expect me to change my vote just so your candidate can get elected. Ron Paul is what America needs. No more fat-cats bending, breaking and passing laws for their fat-cat friends.

Obama and McCain = More of the Same.

Ron Paul for president.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I will be writing in Congressman Paul.
My father-in-law told me he will too, as will my Mother-in-law.

My wife is a Ron Paul supporter.

I have read the statements from Dr. Paul as to how a write-in campaign isn't
very productive, and while I sympathize with his suggestion of supporting Bob Barr or some other independant candidate, I think we all know that the fix is in, the electoral process in this country is controlled (google 'diebold software') and the best we can do as free thinking individuals is to vote our conscience.

I have listened to right wing talk show hosts, liberal pundits and independants and still conclude that Dr. Paul is the last of his breed, a man with conviction and honesty and commitment to the rule of law, to the original document, the constitution. Ron Paul got me out of my house too. I will be writing in Dr. Ron Paul for President.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Count me in! I was going to write in Huckabee (fair tax) but there is not a grassroots group promoting this, so the next best is Ron Paul. I just hope the electronic booths can read the write-ins.

STM

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
While I would love nothing more than to have Ron Paul as President I can not see how this will succeed or even have a chance at success.
2008 Presidential Election Write-In Rules
The above URL details easy to read Write-in rules for the states. Take a look and then you will see why.

18 of the states will not count Write-in candidates that do not file intent.

At least 9 states disallow candidates to file intent as a Write-in if they lose the primary.

At least 3 states disallow a Write-in period.

That is 12 states right off the bat that are against a Write-in of Ron Paul.
If Ron Paul fails to file intent then it is 30 states against him. 30 States he can not win period.

Only 12 states appear to have no rules and 10 states are unclear in the chart. The Unclear ones can likely be determined via a previous post with state rules.

With the above in mind, If Ron Paul does not file intent to be a write-in he is doomed to loose period imho.
The above does not account for the Electoral Vote, the vote that actually elects the next President. I do not see the Electoral College voting for Ron Paul, possibly if he files intent but not otherwise.
The only thing I see being accomplished is taking votes from actual contender.

As Ron Paul gave his endorsement (09/22/2008) to Chuck Baldwin I will be voting for him.
Scroll to the bottom of the posts main text to see his endorsement.
Keep ties to Ron Paul by al means, but please do not write him in, instead vote for who he endorsed.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
California - Ron Paul Write-In

Gail Lightfoot has led a successful effort to submit at least 55 Electors to the Secretary of State. If the Secretary of State validates the submitted list, expect a Press Release.

This means that Ron Paul will probably be a valid Write-In candidate in California, even though he didn't file as such.

If the list is validated, and Ron Paul gets the popular vote, he will get the 55 Electoral College votes for California.

It isn't over yet.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thnder
While I would love nothing more than to have Ron Paul as President I can not see how this will succeed or even have a chance at success.
2008 Presidential Election Write-In Rules

well that certainly just rained on my parade...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Thnder

Wow, this is good stuff to know. At least now I know to look for Mr. Baldwin on the ballot.

In all seriousness - is there any way to find out who is going to be on your individual ballot for state (or whatever)?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
People most states dont count write ins, Vote for Baldwin of the constition party , he has stated he will appoint ron paul as head of the treasury.... In my opinion the best place for ron paul next to president. Ron Paul also endorsed Chuck Baldwin.

Trully you would be wasting avote if you write him in and its not counted, let alone in the states that baldwin is running most RP supporters will vote for baldwin.

All RP supporters cant stand behind Ron Paul in there states but most can stand behind RP's endorsement of Chuck Baldwin. This is our only chance to get any voice heard, the worst that can happen we will get a third party enough votes to have a voice next election, setting the stage for big change.

This movement will fail if we slit our voice up.. unite!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I just found out in Georgia, the Constitution Party is not on the ballot.

z8.thevoterguide.org...

I'm devastated. First, I can't write in Ron Paul, then I can't vote for the person who he supports. What on earth am I going to do?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deseis1204
One thing that I want to ask....

Have any of you realized that the popular vote (vote of the citizens) does not matter in the election??

It is the vote of the Electoral College (state representatives)

Look it up, in some of the past elections the candidate that lost had more popular votes but less in the electorial college, and the winner had more vote from the electorial college. Do you really think the peoples vote matters? IMO, no. Thats why I have never voted.

Besides, every election the candidates are terrible...put Ron Paul in power, screw the election process

You are absolutely right. It amazes me how many people don't understand this part of the electoral process. Our votes don't count. Never have. It's all a farce to make our country appear as a free Democracy.
You know what you should do to vote on that day? Go buy guns, ammo, or both. Then, on the receipt, write, "I voted for Freedom, My Rights, and the Constitution, I voted for Ron Paul." Staple that receipt to the Ballot after writing in Ron Paul's name. When they see that, and see it in the millions, then maybe someone will pay attention to what WE want.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I can't in good conscience vote for either of the 'chosen' candidates.

I will be voting for a patriot. A man of character and integrity.

Dr. Ron Paul 2008!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
so did anyone actually do it or were you stuck indoors on the internet

i did.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This will be the end result of Ron Paul's 2012 run.

Write in Bomb......

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Actually "Carseller4", I'm glad you bumped this. This thread is proof for those just now waking up about the MSM and their lies and manipulating political agendas to make sure THEIR candidate is the next president of the U.S. They smeared Ron Paul back then, just as they are trying to do now. Luckily Ron Paul has much more support and it's getting bigger every day.

Eventually more and more people are going to get seriously fed up with the dog and pony tricks of the MSM, and "revolution" will be an understatement. It's bound to happen, in fact I would venture to say it's inevitable at some point.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

I'm in! Though this will
Probably just give Hobama a 2nd term, I don't care

Long live freedom!

Bill
edit on 26-8-2012 by Camperguy because: (no reason given)

<< 6  7  8   >>

join