It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RON PAUL "write in" BOMB!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I've been eligible to vote in the last 2 presidential elections. 2000 was a paper ballot and 2004 was electronic. Both had options to write in a candidate. The electronic one was kind of cool - it brought you to another screen with a touch keyboard. Once you typed it in, the name was placed on your main ballot.

Actually, as I am typing this, I seem to remember local and congressional elections also had write in options for each open position. I think we'll be good, but I always appreciate anyone else's knowledge.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
This has been my personal plan all along as well.

One question:

Are there any special steps we need to take ahead of the election to enable us to write-in a candidate? Is their a provision for this on the ballot or do we need to request an absentee ballot ahead of time? Everyone needs to know what the process would be in his/her state well ahead of the election.

Some states do not have provisions for that. You will need to check.

OP,
Nothing wrong with your idea other than lying. Liars can't be trusted. If you have to lie, whats the point? If Paul is worth anything, he would say the same.

I don't have anything against him, but I won't vote for him. I think he is a Wolf in Sheep's clothing. To be fair I don't care for McCain or Obama either.

Good luck with your idea
At least you are trying something.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
You might as well write in Mickey Mouse or Ron Jeremy.

This will never work.

I honestly cant wait until the Paul people fade into the woodwork, its way past time for you to have given up the ghost.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
if i were registered to vote, i'd be in as well. I missed the deadline, unfortunately.

I never understood why in the hell we're required to register to vote anyway....kinda stupid...if you don't register with the government, they deny you your right to vote? wtf is that?

i should be able to go down to the polling place on the day, with multiple forms of ID, proving that i'm a citizen of this great land, and cast my vote for the candidate i believe in....

I never actually believed in a politician until i found Ron Paul.

I believe he's our last hope.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

can you go to another state and vote? we need all the votes we can get.
i would owe you one if you do us this solid.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Someone should make a website call it Writeinbomb.org
then spread it around major cities and colleges and stuff, get everyone in on this... Not just ats people or internet freaks.. I mean everyone...

I would do it but i suck at websites.. Have you seen So911... it sucks..

If you need space I can probably help tho.

[edit on 9/25/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

i can make the site. it would be really easy.
i would need some help with the text though...like in aht statment will be on the front page, what buttons we need...yadda yadda, i guess the actual design of it.
thats the whole page isn't it?..ok nevermind i suck too.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Here ya go guy's! and gals.

www.writeinronpaul.com...

And just in case you are wondering ...I am writing him in and have been telling everyone I meet about him and how important this elections vote is. Starred and Flagged from me bro.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Our prayers have been answered.. damn god works so fast sometimes...

Cool site.. we should start putting these up in schools and in downtown areas...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Great idea ! S+F

Im going to start posting little intriguing RP write in signs all around my town so people will start asking what the hell is RP write in and why is it everywere?!

Guerrilla marketing works! im gonna come up with some sign ideas and post em! It just has to get people asking their friends, "hey, what are those little signs all around town?"

Its go time!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
And so the "Revolution" (of sorts) begins.

I am willing to carry some of the load.

Write in Ron Paul for President.

I'm in!!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Good, good, good, all of you go ahead and do just that.
At least you're doing something now.

Maybe one of this thing will work.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The major step is getting the message out beyond ATS. One bulletin board alone, no matter how passionate, is not quite going to be enough

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by almighty bob
The major step is getting the message out beyond ATS. One bulletin board alone, no matter how passionate, is not quite going to be enough

I think bringthelight has a good idea of making up signs and/ or fliers that will help pass the word to write in Ron Paul or at least put the thought into their head. Hmmm.... I just might have to do the same thing. We should come up with a standard format for the signs and fliers though, so they are all the same across the country if more people are on board.

I do think we should check with a MOD first to see if what we are talking about is not against T & C rules of the site.

[edit on 9/25/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This may be a stupid question. . . but how? Here we do the eletronic voting. Card gets swiped, push buttons, all done....where does one "write" in anything? What am I missing? Seem like they make it hard to write in anyone.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

I completely agree. Guerrilla marketing needs consistency. We need something tha will get people asking questions. It has to be vague but eyebrow raising. Let the brainstorming begin.

I was thinking something simple like write-in RP with attention grabbing fonts and color. A logo maybe? The logo would be the thing that would get people asking questions.

We have enough people on ATS spread out in major US cities that could make these things cheap and put them everywhere!

SERIOUSLY we can do this! We might even make get some attention from the MSM like the aqua teen bomb threat in Boston thing but it wouldn't be negative!

The funny thing is with a little bit of effort and cooperation this is completley possible!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If these signs were all alike and turned up in every major city overnight...EVERYONE would be talking about it.

Think about what we can do here...any graphic artists want to take a stab here?

[edit on 25-9-2008 by bringthelight]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Most people I know don't even know much about Ron Paul or where he stands on issues; he hasn't had the privilege of media backing like other candidates. Instead the media has dismissed him as being paranoid. It is unfortunate, but the news media is where many Americans get their info from... I think as long as you stick to the facts, it's going to be difficult to dismiss Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Already 'voted.' My absentee ballot is on the way back, and just for information's sake, we had write-in space on it as well. AND, being an absentee ballot, it's not electronic, so no worries about how to do a write-in candidate. Therefore, if you think there might be a problem, contact your county auditor (or whichever office handles the voting in your state), and request an absentee ballot. Nothing says you have to be out of the country to get one-in fact, mine had instructions on how to drop it off in person.

By the way, for the person above who was 'too late to register,' again you might want to contact the office of the auditor for an absentee ballot; mine came with the following statement:

If you are not registered to vote in Iowa this affidavit will serve as a voter registration application.

Therefore, you register and vote with one envelope. Might be the same where you are....

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbug

Actually you bring up a good point.How do you write someone in, in the ballet booth? Maybe an absentee ballet is the safest way your vote will be counted

[edit on 9/25/2008 by CaptGizmo]

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join