It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Ron Paul let down this country?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

What are you suggesting? That you don't know anything about campaign contributions and you're babbling along, as you usually do? Ever heard of the Ethics Reform Act? It bars presidential candidates from using any of that money for personal use. It's been that way since 1989. Thus, Ron Paul, the man who never voted for a pay raise, and had also given money back to the state, is not pocketing money as your asinine comment suggested.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

You don't have to pocket the money to benefit from it.

The money was donated for his Presidential run. If he knew he had no chance of winning the Republican nomination, and has no intentions of making an Independent run...what is he going to do with the money?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Ron Paul was attacked and defamed and strong armed out of contention. He was discluded from the debates, he was rejected by any media coverage and he was called a fringe lunatic and a wack job by the idiot talking heads, even though they could never show one clear reason why he deserved such treatment.

Dr. Paul has been consistent and unwavering in the last decade and he has been warning us all of the coming collapse of our fiat monetary system ad nauseum, and nobody until now that the s*** is hitting the fan seemed to care.

Nobody took this man seriously even though he has been in Congress for over 30 years and has an outstanding congressional track record. He warned us about the crooked Fed and the devalued currency as a result of over printing money and falsely manipulating the dollar.

You, Mr. OP, could not be more incorrect.

And for the RR Conservative, the fact that you can even question a man like Ron Paul's intentions for use of donated money when your elected regime is within days of completely destroying and collapsing our economy is absurd and astounding.

I will not even dignify your rhetoric with any further response except to say that YOUR regime is the one responsible for this meltdown.

Ron Paul is the only one who has stepped forward and told us the truth, and the sad fact that most people did not bother to listen is truly shameful.

Now you (as well as I) will all suffer the results of your choices. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Let's revisit something real quick.

Originally posted by RRconservative

I think Ron Paul was just in it for the money.

Awww, cause that looks to me like that's exactly what you said and were implying.

When you're winning all the straw polls, online polls, debate polls, and the popular vote, I'm pretty sure he thought he had a good chance of winning. And what you're seeing by the media now is too little, too late. These same people that are kissing his feet were responsible for his very downfall. They subjected him to mass media smear tactics, slander, and even scoffed at his economic policies. His delegates were turned away in the primaries and his name was left off the ballot in some areas. Ron Paul voters were turned away in droves because of the great lengths the political machine went to silence his voice.

If that much manipulation was going on in the primaries, how bad could it get if he decided to run on an independent ticket?

People like you contributed to that, as well. I hope you like your choices, guy.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Looks to me like Ron Paul is still trying to save America. In fact, I think he's trying to save the entire world.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
I scratched my head as well when he bowed out... He seemed to have an awful lot of donations but IMO used very little of it... did you hear, read, or see any ads when he was running?

That said, they (MSM) never gave him a chance.

I said this in another thread... we need someone like him to bring together the best elements of the major 3rd parties and run. All of these 3rd parties seem like little, "quack" organizations run out of the basement of someone's house.

Grab the best of the group, put together a solid platform (middle-class, human rights, constitution, government of the people - for the people), and start now (while the dems & repubs are looking like buffoons) and attack... I honestly think they could pull it off.

The 3rd party invited to the Presidential debates was last seen when Ross Perot threw such a scare into the PTB that a debate committee was formed that decides who is invited to the debates after the National conventions. The committee is comprised of nothing but (SURPRISE!!)Democrats and Republicans which in essence destroyed any chance of the nation seeing anything more than a Republican and a Democrat in any Presidential debate since or in the future.

Maybe wishful thinking, but I consider myself moderate/conservative and it seems everyone I know is absolutely fed up with repubs and are not thrilled with dems and just want someone... anyone, who will represent middle America & true conservative values.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by mecheng]

[edit on 24-9-2008 by pegasus1]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

The 3rd party invited to the Presidential debates was last seen when Ross Perot threw such a scare into the PTB that a debate committee was formed that decides who is invited to the debates after the National conventions. The committee is comprised of nothing but (SURPRISE!!)Democrats and Republicans which in essence destroyed any chance of the nation seeing anything more than a Republican and a Democrat in any Presidential debate since or in the future.

Sorry Mecheng. Im still getting the hang of posting. The majority of my points came at once when I first started. I am still new and I apologize for the prior post mixing my comment with your quote.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wise Dome

Garsh.. the answer to your title question would honestly, in my mind, have to be yes!! I will still vote for him. HE IS THE ONLY ONE WORTHY of this title we call president. I am angry in a sense though bc many of my friends who were going to vote for him felt is was useless when he pulled out officially. Now their votes are going to McCain.
*shrugs* oh well I guess. that was the idea.. to make ppl feel they have no other choice. I still will vote my conscience and that is Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Are you people serious? You're still talking about voting. Listen, if Ron Paul got 10 million votes, and the other guys got 0, Ron Paul won't be President. You really, seriously think they'd let him be President?

Okay...I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. And I'll tell you what happens later...

Either he becomes President and is bought, or is killed. Choose 1.

"We need more politicians like Ron Paul."

Well...you sit there and wait for them to come save you. You, the masses, sit and wait for 1 guy in shiny armor to take on these corporate criminals and see how long you wait for them to be successful at it.

The mere fact that the President doesn't even run the show should say something. The Government is in the hands of the FED. You think Obama, or McCain are going to make anything different? How will they?

Ron Paul knows this. Personally, if I was Mr. Paul, I'd step down to. Ron Paul's place is not to President America. That's not going to happen if things continue to go the way they are. And I think he knows this well. Gone are the days when the people chose the President. Ron Paul's place in this is to wake the American people up, as best as he can. And I think that's exactly what he's trying to do. In fact, he has better chances of doing it not as President, than he would as a President. The President is controlled by the elite. By not being President, Ron has much more chances of dealing with the matter freely. He knows this.

But, the problem still remains. Yes, Ron Paul is a problem. When his voice starts getting too loud, and he's reaching more people...they will see to it that he doesn't, by whatever means they see fit.

Again, tired and frustrated, I say to Americans and people throughout the world who are reading this. Stop sitting there waiting for Superman to come rescue you. You know the situation...you have the facts. You must all...WE must all fight. We must do so now...because we are already a few years behind in doing so. What exactly are we waiting for? What?!?!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Whenever I've gone to the bar lately it's always the news on TV. In the even I always try to bring up Ron Paul and what he stands for... Its a simple way of spreading the message. Amazing thing is 90% of the time I hear, who is Ron Paul... makes me sad, but yes its true.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcabIIAre you people serious? You're still talking about voting. Listen, if Ron Paul got 10 million votes, and the other guys got 0, Ron Paul won't be President. You really, seriously think they'd let him be President?

No dude, but does that negate us from our responsibility? What good would it do to give in to someone else's corruption? I don't know about you, but I have a conscience. As long as I can vote, I will. If they don't count it, that will be for "them" to deal with the bad karma. I want the right to voice my opinion.. therefore I will vote. i want to sleep at night, therefore I will vote for Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Ron Paul did not let his country down. This man has been (and will continue to be) the one guiding light in our disasterous system of government. He is a man of principle and has never wavered from that despite the muck that has been thrown his way. The only let down I've seen is the sheepish nature of the electorate; they seem to be completely incapable of free thinking outside of the garbage the MSM pushes down their throat.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
It would take YEARS to build the infrastructure required to build an independent "party". Yes... A party. A campaign is a nasty little machine that grows big fast and it can get out of hand at any turn.

America let him down and I mean we the people let our employers, representatives and lobbies let him down by erasing him.

I think many of us did our part by spreading the word and all but the word fell on already educated ears most of the time as it was a lot of self contained political talk with LIKE MINDED people. We acted as a congregation and not missionaries for the most part.

There is a way we can get this man elected still and that is:

RON PAUL WRITE IN BOMB@!@!@!@!@

Until election day, tell the pollsters you are going to vote for the opposite party you intend to vote for or the third party candidate.

When you get to the booth... WRITE IN RON PAUL!

Deceive all officials, campaigners even if you carry a party card!
It's YOUR choice at the booth. There won't be anyone there to nag you as you select for yourself who YOU want. Write the man in. He will accept the job.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Ron Paul failed no one.
And as others have said - We failed him - ALMOST.
Unless my head is totally filled with pipe dreams I still think if each and every person out there got out and voted, and wrote in his name - we could have Ron Paul in the White House.

From a reality standpoint - is it possible?
I just don't know.

...taps...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You have to ask yourself:
Did he outlast Guiliani, Thompson and the other "nobodies"? I'm being sarcastic on the nobodies of course. Peer pressure, yes, peer pressure is what got McCain selected. Well, his service to the country didn't hurt either. However, I'm thinking the best way to show McCain we appreciate his service is to ensure NO ONE has to endure what he did again as well as give him a holiday where he can breathe easy, deprogram himself and watch what the sacrifices of WW1 & WW2 permitted - a man like Ron Paul beating out the types we fought AGAINST in those wars. McCain is doomed to towing the line. I love him to death but he needs a break and some leisure time. He's a sucker for torture!

Ron Paul write in! = NONE OF THE ABOVE, if nothing else!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I donated $25 bucks for the man...not much but something.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I've been planning to write him in, I cannot vote either repub or demo with a clear conscience. Made up my mind a long time ago and I've stuck with it. I have also considered not voting at all, but would rather write RP in. Yes, that is how much I despise the others. Yeah, I have argued that my vote doesn't really matter, but it does to ME.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wise Dome
I support Ron Paul and many of his views on economic policy but why didn't he run as an independent?

That's not making sense to me. He has said these times are dire and he even says that we have no real choice in this election, why didn't he run if he thinks it's this important?

I would vote for him if he would have ran for President as an independent.

He didnt' run as an independent because he is a real republican, unlike most of the other members of his party and he is refusing to leave something that used to belong to those who held his beliefs. He is taking a stand on principle.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I hate one liners. So i will make this several. Ron Paul is a scaremongering idiot to the point of being a terrorist. Two VERY good reasons why he isnt running: McCain and Obama.

Paul is a joke and he is trying to capitalize on 911 and terror to get folks to buy into all sorts of dire warnings and schemes. Yeah Paul.....we really believe you.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
There was a complete media blackout on Ron Paul. When he actually made it onto tv the media made him seem like a whackjob. We all know how people believe what they see on TV.

In the long run Paul's campaign woke up a lot of people. His followers will always support him and will actually get involved in politics, unlike the obama people who seem to just be following a trend, because its hip.

Ron Paul actually could have changed this country for the better, and his followers will continue his ideals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join