It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Ron Paul let down this country?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I support Ron Paul and many of his views on economic policy but why didn't he run as an independent?

That's not making sense to me. He has said these times are dire and he even says that we have no real choice in this election, why didn't he run if he thinks it's this important?

I would vote for him if he would have ran for President as an independent.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
We all had our chance. More people could have supported him. But it's apparent that the majority of people in this country either don't care or are clueless. The country voted Bush in. Not once but twice. 'nuff said? We get what we deserve.

+38 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The United States of America let down Ron Paul. He offered Americans hope for the future, but they were too busy watching Dancing with the Stars.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Orwells Ghost

Exactly
Ron Paul tried we failed him but he keeps trying
Ron Paul Speaks...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well said Orwell. Well said.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Why not run for President as an independent if things are this dire and important?

He even raised more money than McCain.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by Wise Dome]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Orwells Ghost

Ya I am with you on this.. I would have said American Idol or something, but same garbage..

If people werent so stupid things would be different, unfortunately its not the case.. sucks for us because we get to goto hell with their stupidity.

[edit on 9/24/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wise Dome

Because he was blacked out and is only now getting any kind of coverage.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Without the media push, Ron Paul never stood a chance. The important thing is that he woke a lot of people up. Always look at the silver lining.

We Americans are to blame for what happened to Ron Paul because of our complacency over a period of decades.

Peace

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wise Dome
Why not run for President as an independent if things are this dire and important?

He even raised more money than McCain.

I think Ron Paul was just in it for the money. It didn't make much sense to separate his followers from their money when there was obviously no chance of his winning.

He had more than enough money to launch an Independent bid...but he choose not to????

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ron Paul did in no way let us down.... we let us down. Our poor decisions in the past and our far from adequate elected officials let us down. Ron Paul is a great man with the kind of ideas and attitude that the US needs. The people in general are just now starting to realize what he's saying has been right all along....

Is it to late?

Did we let Dr Paul down?

Peace

Justice

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I remember so well 2nd primary in New Hampshire, and I support Ron Paul like millions of others that time. In every aspect he had opportunity to win... Make a total landslide because all of the polls showed him over 60-70% from votes. But what was the result? Something like 9% ... ?!? :

And who was the winner? Some MTF Huckabee, and where is this man now? Nobody care but Ron Paul is still on table and in interviews, why? They know how much Ron get those "real" votes. He win, but they didnt let him to win...

THAT WAS A CLEAR VOTE FRAUD!

But nobody didnt care then... But they should, even today.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I think Ron Paul was just in it for the money. It didn't make much sense to separate his followers from their money when there was obviously no chance of his winning.
He had more than enough money to launch an Independent bid...but he choose not to????

he chose not to because he isn't an independent he's a republican. Even though this country needs a strong third party he should not have to give up his own. He's what a republican was supposed to be.... a supporter and a believer in the republic... he's not one in the same sense that mccain is.

and do you really think that, the moneys just going to end up in his pocket?

Peace

Justice

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Ron Paul did NOT let down his country.

He's doing the best he can with what he has and what he is being ALLOWED to do. I think the establishment (dems and republicans) don't want Ron Paul to 'make it'. He's a common enemy for both teams. They both work against the man.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Ron paul didnt go anywhere. nor will he anytime soon. he is still in office and hopefully will be for many more years.

the president is kind of like a mascot. parading around, reading to little kids, bombing whoever whenever, hosting $15,000 dinners so the elitists can have scholarships for their brats.

im of the oppion that paul being president would be a gross mismanagement of his time. right now he is in congress. that is the once place that really matters. he is able to squash irrelevent bills before they make it to the white house.

he is there to be a watch dog. he knows the vocabulary, and is highly intelligent. that fact right there voids his opportunity to become president.

not to sound incredibly racist, but: black or white, those are our "logical" choices. neither matter because they are both part of the same coin.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ron Paul did not run as an independent because he's an honest-to-gosh small government conservative republican. It's not his fault that no one else in his entire party still is.

It's like in Office Space when Michael Bolton (not the famous one) is talking about how terrible it is to have an awful singer going around with his name. His friend asks why he doesn't just go by 'Mike' instead of 'Michael'. He explains that he sees no reason to change his name since he had it before Michael Bolton was making terrible records.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Ron Paul has made more progress with the American people than any other politician since Kennedy! And he's not even president. He's inspired the American spirit in a lot of us that thought it was dead! A whole mass of people excited about politics again! He has shaken some of the complacency out of our old bones, and due to him, the sleeping giant is awake! We are ready to fight for what we have and want to have happen!

Edit: I swear to god someone is #ing with my posts. I'm going to start copying and pasting them to word. This is too bizarre.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I scratched my head as well when he bowed out... He seemed to have an awful lot of donations but IMO used very little of it... did you hear, read, or see any ads when he was running?

That said, they (MSM) never gave him a chance.

I said this in another thread... we need someone like him to bring together the best elements of the major 3rd parties and run. All of these 3rd parties seem like little, "quack" organizations run out of the basement of someone's house.

Grab the best of the group, put together a solid platform (middle-class, human rights, constitution, government of the people - for the people), and start now (while the dems & repubs are looking like buffoons) and attack... I honestly think they could pull it off.

Maybe wishful thinking, but I consider myself moderate/conservative and it seems everyone I know is absolutely fed up with repubs and are not thrilled with dems and just want someone... anyone, who will represent middle America & true conservative values.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by mecheng]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ...and justice for some

he chose not to because he isn't an independent he's a republican. Even though this country needs a strong third party he should not have to give up his own.

and do you really think that, the moneys just going to end up in his pocket?

Ron Paul is nothing new....he has been around for a while, in 1988 he ran for President on the Libertarian Ticket . So an Independent run wouldn't be something he hasn't done before.

Where do you think the money is going to go? It doesn't cost that much to run again for the House of Representatives.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I the OP is bassackwards. The country showed no respect for Ron Paul. He was mistreated at the convention is a crying shame, because he has something important for the American people. The US acts like there are only 2 parties.
They forgot their independence and heritage.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join